Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finally, some miserable breeder shut down... in stellar fashion

Posted by twocents 
Finally, some miserable breeder shut down... in stellar fashion
May 13, 2022
I finally have a story to share that actually has a happy ending! So here's the sitch:

A friend and I both got our transfer requests accepted to the same university so we decided to celebrate and treat ourselves. We opted for a higher end restaurant with an elderly demographic on a week day to maximize the chances of us having a peaceful evening free from kids or rowdy drunken adult tables. When we sat down it looked like our plan worked, nothing but old people and a few couples having a quiet meal. Perfect.

It was about 10 minutes later when in marches a group of middle aged ladies, one with a toddler in tow. We were a little apprehensive and bummed out but hey, maybe the kid was well behaved? Those presumptions fell apart when the toddler decided to start banging around the table with silverware immediately after being seated. Things only progressed when plates were distributed and he started banging on those as well. The mom was just ignoring him and never made an effort to quiet him.

I guess the kid was starting to get ornery by the time our appetizers came because he began to do this absolutely blood curdling shriek. It happened over and over again, the same ear splitting shrill coming from him whenever he wanted attention. His mother would occasionally half-heartedly shush him, but nothing more.

The thing is, my friend is on the autism spectrum and sudden piercing loud noises like that aren't just annoying to her, they're seriously distressing. It was really sad watching her get visibly upset just waiting for the next blast, especially since there wasn't much I could do short of going over to the table and saying "hey lady your kid's a fucken menace, next time hire a sitter you soggy cunt" (although the thought did cross my mind).

At this point many diners were also looking annoyed, and our waiter came to check on us just as the kid let rip another scream and my friend grimaced. He asked if she was okay and she explained that the loud noise was really bothering her. He told her that he'd gotten a few other complaints (as the intermittent screaming had carried on for roughly 15 minutes now) and he would see if we could be seated in a different section of the restaurant.

Not long after a guy approaches Mombie's table, I'm not able to discern what they're saying until the end when she raises her voice and says "I'm paying to eat here, this is ridiculous". They keep going back and forth (all while her kid is squawking away) until she and her party get up and walk out. I was surprised, I thought at the very most she'd be asked if she could take her kid out for a minute to calm him down. Nope, she got kicked out lmao.

This isn't IHOP, you can't bring along your screechy kid to an upscale restaurant and expect everyone else around you to just grit their teeth and bare it while your kid screams bloody murder. I'm sure that lady got away with it at a ton of other places because she was so nonchalant about it. If you can pay for fine dining, you can pay for a babysitter. We ended up having a peaceful and delicious meal thereafter and we'll be sure to come back again sometime. Maybe in addition to a CF friendly doctor's list we should also have a CF friendly restaurant list haha. So glad management did the right thing, I'd like to see it happen more often. Better to lose one disruptive party than have a whole dining room full of unhappy guests.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
I, too, am on the spectrum, and a screechy brat can put me in the ambulance. The reason is the little fuckers trigger migraines and those migraines can short circuit my entire nervous system, including my ability to see, hear, and even walk.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Finally, some miserable breeder shut down... in stellar fashion
May 15, 2022
crazy, a long time ago I was at a christmas party for the aquarium club here on the Island... the night also was geared towards those on the spectrum. and for once, I was glad of them. I don't know if any were there at the same time but the damned music that is played in every restaurant was not there. that was really lovely. I hate the goddam music in restaurants now

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
crazy, a long time ago I was at a christmas party for the aquarium club here on the Island... the night also was geared towards those on the spectrum. and for once, I was glad of them. I don't know if any were there at the same time but the damned music that is played in every restaurant was not there. that was really lovely. I hate the goddam music in restaurants now

For me, it is the screaming howler monkeys that are present in most restaurants.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 15, 2022
yeah. I don't go to many restaurants..and theones I frequent they don't cater to sprogs. they will accomodate but you don't have the piles of fuck trophy seats of all sizes. I go to one once per week just to hang with some korean and vietnam vets...(I sit at a different table, just like to eavesdrop as they are from my time) and rarely see the child. fortunate in that

I have been fortunate to avoid the howler monkeys.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

May 15, 2022
I wish this was so common that it is a non-occurrence. Sadly, it is most likely independently owned restaurants that lack any kind of famblee vibe and not all of those.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login