Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EntitleMoo wants Mother's Day Card from HER MOTHER

Posted by misskitty 
EntitleMoo wants Mother's Day Card from HER MOTHER
May 08, 2022
https://www.azcentral.com/go-columns/?amu=/miss-manners/2022/05/03/1

EntitleMoo's Mother
DEAR MISS MANNERS: I always sent a Mother's Day card to my dear mother, who has since passed away. I also acknowledged any close motherly relatives.

My three children are grown with children of their own. However, my one daughter seems to think that I should give her a card, whereas I think her own children should have that filial duty when they are old enough to understand. (I am also of the opinion that the greeting card industry encourages extra card-sending for its own benefit.)

When her own sprogs are too young to understand, the Duhd should be the one to give a card. If she's a SingleMoo who doesn't need men (did she reproduce asexually?), then only she and they are benefitting from her brat care and cunt work. She should celebrate herself if she's so eager.

Miss Manners
GENTLE READER: It was Miss Manners' own dear mother who declared Mother's Day to be a mistaken notion. "It implies that there are 364 days on which children do not have to show their love and appreciation for their mothers," she would say.

Yet she also taught kindness, which makes it difficult to oppose the spread of Mother's Day beyond mothers and mother-figures. But yes: It seems ridiculous and self-centered for a child to demand such acknowledgment from her mother.

Perhaps you can find a gentle way to point out that your daughter is going in the wrong direction: "You're not my mother, dear; I'm yours."

Miss Manners nailed it.
Re: EntitleMoo wants Mother's Day Card from HER MOTHER
May 08, 2022
Wow, that's some next level ego on the part of the daughter.
May 08, 2022
I wonder if she is the type that flips out if restaurants aren't offering a rose to moos or a good discount.
May 12, 2022
This has to be a single moo, becuz they think their own family is the extension of every thing they cant get from a mayan. It is one thing if her mom did it just to be nice and festive for her daughter, but for the daughter to expect it and verbalize that is ridiculous.thinks someone else is crazy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login