Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bad news for breeders who commit PNAs and pass it off as SIDS

Posted by Cambion 
Bad news for breeders who commit PNAs and pass it off as SIDS
May 16, 2022
Recent research suggests that babies who die from SIDS have a lower amount of a specific enzyme in their bodies that causes them to not wake up if they stop breathing in their sleep. This enzyme is BChE, which has something to do with the brain's arousal system.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8833374/sudden-infant-death-syndrome-explanation-research/

This is only a suggestion and not something that's going to go in any medical texts just yet, but it looks pretty solid. But it also means that anyone who smothers their loaf and blames SIDS might be looked at with suspicion. All that needs to be done to rule out SIDS as a cause is a blood test and all of a sudden, Junior's "tragic passing" will become a homicide investigation.
Re: Bad news for breeders who commit PNAs and pass it off as SIDS
May 17, 2022
looks as if they have found another marker. on the other hand, the fact the child dies in its sleep, it takes itself out of the gene pool along with whatever defective gene causes this.

nnow there's a sci fi horror theme for you... so many of these sids babies are kept alive, breed and breed and eventually people can't sleep without cpap machines and such because they are incapable of natural sleep.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 17, 2022
That's true. Now that we probably know what causes SIDS, I'm sure it will become possible for infants to be tested for this enzyme at birth or shortly afterward and receive enzyme replacement therapy to bring their levels of BChE up to where they should be. The problem with this is unless someone figures out how to cure this enzyme deficiency, the kid will require therapy for the rest of its life because otherwise it will die in its sleep. ERT isn't cheap either - upwards of $200K per year. So when parents can't afford this shit, they have to let their kid die, I guess. Or they just go on ahead with treatment in spite of being too poor and/or in debt and raise everyone else's premiums because somebody's gotta pay for it.

Apparently butyrylcholinesterase deficiency (BChE) or pseudocholinesterase deficiency is a recognized metabolic disorder in adults too, and I guess it can either be a genetic mutation or can be caused by various health issues, including pregnancy. Adults with this deficiency are more sensitive to anesthesia and muscle relaxants and it can be fatal if they don't figure out they have it before undergoing surgery. I just learned this like two minutes ago.

On one hand, I'm glad that people who have lost loaves to SIDS finally know what causes it. Like I don't personally understand the sense of relief because I'm not a breeder, but I can imagine it must offer some relief to parents of SIDS babies to have answers and that it was nothing they did wrong like feeding the loaf too late at night or laying it on its stomach or whatever.

On the other hand, now that there is a concrete cause of the disease, people will be demanding treatment for it because otherwise doomed babies can now be saved if the missing enzyme can be restored via therapy.
YIKES...can you imagine going through life afraid that every time you fall asleep could be your last? That *is* sci-fi horror creepy, I agree.
May 18, 2022
The authorities in almost every state began investigating claimed SIDS deaths about 30 years ago. This was after researchers showed even then that most "SIDS" deaths were actually murders from deliberate smothering or abuse.

What changed everything was a notorious case in New York state of a mother who had smothered her five children over years and got away with it for a long time by claiming SIDS. Then another one in Pennsylvania was a woman who had smothered 8 of her 10 children, again claiming SIDS.

The number of actual SIDS deaths were far lower than anyone expected. With the cops checking all such cases, creative parents who wanted to kill their infants turned to other means such as "accidentally" leaving them in hot cars.

Since actual SIDS cases do still happen, finding the reasons makes sense.
May 18, 2022
kman
What changed everything was a notorious case in New York state of a mother who had smothered her five children over years and got away with it for a long time by claiming SIDS. Then another one in Pennsylvania was a woman who had smothered 8 of her 10 children, again claiming SIDS.

Waneta Hoyt and Marie Noe? Yeah if they pulled this shit once, maaaybe twice, they likely would have gotten away with the SIDS defense. But the odds of all or most of your children dying of SIDS is damn near impossible, which is why these two aroused suspicion. I also think in the case of Waneta Hoyt, at least one of her children was a little too old for SIDS, but she claimed that was the cause of death anyway.

I think it's extraordinarily rare, but possible for SIDS to run in families and for the same set of parents to experience more than one infant loss to it. But beyond two and you're no longer a grieving parent - you're a suspect.
Cambion
But beyond two and you're no longer a grieving parent - you're a suspect.

As it should be.

Kman mentioned regretful breeders transitioning to hot cars as their murder weapons...I know we talk a lot about those cases here. Does it seem like people are starting to look at those more closely? Especially since the one guy left his browser history intact where he had researched "how long does it take a dog to die in a hot car," and some childfree sites?
May 19, 2022
kittehpeoples
Cambion
But beyond two and you're no longer a grieving parent - you're a suspect.

As it should be.

Kman mentioned regretful breeders transitioning to hot cars as their murder weapons...I know we talk a lot about those cases here. Does it seem like people are starting to look at those more closely? Especially since the one guy left his browser history intact where he had researched "how long does it take a dog to die in a hot car," and some childfree sites?

I've been saying for years here that hot-car syndrome is the new SIDS and that parents don't "accidentally" leave their young kids in locked cars in hot weather. Note the kids aren't left in the cars in cold weather. Why, they'll survive then!

Yes, the authorities are getting wise. We're seeing hot-car parents typically prosecuted now, when in the past they got off without charges because "they had suffered enough".

The kids left in hot cars disproportionately just happen to be special-needs. The authorities have noticed that too.
May 19, 2022
Kids left in hot cars are also coincidentally always below the age of five, probably because they won't have the dexterity to unlock the car door and escape. Strap a toddler in a car seat, lock the door and go shopping for four hours when it's 90 degrees outside (and 100+ inside the car) and the roast should be just about done by the time you get back.

Like you guys have said, the authorities have finally picked up on the pattern of hot car deaths and are treating these cases as abuse/homicide rather than tragic accidents, so it would not be in the best interests of breeders to attempt this method because it's become suspicious. We've been saying it for years, but I guess someone in charge finally pulled their head out of their ass and recognized hot car PNAs as crimes. It'll take a while for the trend to fizzle out, but I'm sure parents will concoct new ways of offing their kids that they can pass off as "accidents." It will become especially important as we look down the barrel of a nation where abortion will be inaccessible because there will be a loooooooooot more unwanted kids and unwilling parents.
kman
Note the kids aren't left in the cars in cold weather.

I've pointed that out to people, too. How many kids are being treated for hypothermia compared to the number who've died in hot cars? The latter is rarely (maybe never) an accident.
kittehpeoples
kman
Note the kids aren't left in the cars in cold weather.

I've pointed that out to people, too. How many kids are being treated for hypothermia compared to the number who've died in hot cars? The latter is rarely (maybe never) an accident.

A kid left in a cold car will usually survive because they most likely have the right clothes for cold weather. If the kids survive, the stories about leaving them in cars won't be in the news. Also, most people don't want to drive in weather that's cold enough to get hypothermia in the car.

I think hot car deaths can be accidents, same way people often leave cooking unattended to do something else. They don't deliberately want to destroy the dish they're taking the trouble to make - they got distracted. If breeders weren't so hellbent on having it all and living like single people, loaves would only be in the car when joining breeders in the destination.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login