Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rant #701

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Rant #701
December 14, 2005
What in the fuckity fuck fuck FUCK do these pro-life asshats want, anyway? One of the mothers in that article praised American Girl for having dolls that are NOT slutty looking, such as Bratz and Barbie. I am wondering if the fundies WANT girls to emulate Bratz, so that they fuck and get knocked up ASAP. After all, you are not a *real woman* until you shit out the Almighty Baybee, right?

I like the AG dolls. Yeah, they are overpriced, but I like that they are educational, in teaching kids about American history, and they encourage them to read. This whole thing started out as just books; I used to work in a bookstore way back when these books first came out.

Good for AG and Girls Inc for doing their part to show girls that there is more to life than moo-hood!
Anonymous User
Re: Rant #701
December 14, 2005
I never saw a bratz wearing a thong. Fer Chrissakes, it's just a doll! Damn Fundie Pro-Life moos. O_o
Fattie
December 14, 2005
I thought it was common knowledge that "pro-life" means "anti-choice women haters".
Anti-abortion activists are not against abortion to save "innocent children", but to punish women for the sin of enjoying sex. According to page 220 of the book "The Beauty Myth" by Naomi Wolf "Resistance to the abortifacient pill RU428 derives partly from its relative painlessness. Antiabortion activists often make exceptions for rape and incest, which suggests that it is her desire for sex for which a woman must pay with her pain."
While doing research, I found this interesting site: http://www.ffrf.org/nontracts/abortion.php which denounces the Bible being anti abortion. Here's an excerpt:

"According to the bible, life begins at birth--when a baby draws its first breath. The bible defines life as "breath" in several significant passages, including the story of Adam's creation in Genesis 2:7, when God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Jewish law traditionally considers that personhood begins at birth."

Eve this site specifies that it's women's enjoyment of sex the boble condems, not the death of the fetus:

"The bible is neither antiabortion nor pro-life, but does provide a biblical basis for the real motivation behind the antiabortion religious crusade: hatred of women. The bible is anti-woman, blaming women for sin, demanding subservience, mandating a slave/master relationship to men, and demonstrating contempt and lack of compassion:

'I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.'--Genesis 3:16
What self-respecting woman today would submit willingly to such tyranny?"

If women learn that she doesn't (gasp!) HAVE to be a mommee inorder to matter. Heaven forbid that she becomes an athlete or a scientist or any other thing that her heart desires. She should be cleaning up Bratleigh's messes, not reading about history in the AG books and not learning to use her imagination to go on adventures with Harry Potter!

Anonymous User
December 14, 2005
Well said, Fattie. I hate that when my Dear Mom used to teach art, all the kids were not allowed to paint dragons, fairies, monsters, or wizards, and Harry Potter was not allowed either. Just because of Bible Thumping Mommees(TM) protesting it.
CF Scorpio
December 14, 2005
ThePurplePenguin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well said, Fattie. I hate that when my Dear Mom
> used to teach art, all the kids were not allowed
> to paint dragons, fairies, monsters, or wizards,
> and Harry Potter was not allowed either. Just
> because of Bible Thumping Mommees(TM) protesting
> it.
>
Are you shitting me? Where the hell was this? I feel sorry for kids today if that's what they have to put up with in art class.

sprogless
December 15, 2005
That kind of thing is happening everywhere. Isn't the point of art to express creativity and provide an outlet for thoughts, feelings, etc? Deliberately stifling a childs' imagination based on personal religious views is the epitome of stupid. Don't these moos get it? Their kids will begin to act out in many "Godless" ways when they're older. But, naturally, it won't be their fault. Nothiing ever is...
Anonymous User
December 15, 2005
I can't remember, but if it was on this board, someone wrote that a small girl was being left in the restaraunt with an employee (the poster). She said that her mother told her that witches were bad and hurt people. Poster's mother was a white witch and LG said that she was not allowed to read HP because it taught you that witches were good, but Poster taught the girl tolerance instead of LG's Moo's brainwashing. A very good employee indeed.
Feh
December 16, 2005
Listen folks...if a woman is smart, strong, self sufficent and has a good self image, you know she's going to turn into a birth control using whore, or worse yet...a lesiban with no chance of procreating!!!! The horror...THE HORROR!
If you can get girls to think they'll never measure up, books are dumb, and to only learn the skills of homemaking and child rearing, then you've got yourself a good, humble. breeding, putting up with the beatings, servant of the lord.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.