Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

research-shows-american-women-are-doomed-for-all-eternity-obviously

Posted by freya 
research-shows-american-women-are-doomed-for-all-eternity-obviously
March 21, 2023
This article has one of the whiniest tones ever. I'd guess the author is female, bemoans spending 4.5 hours a day cleaning, is on antidepressants, and clearly didn't plan how to pay for mooternity leave.

Many of the things she whines about aren't in her control, so perhaps she should focus on birth-control instead, which is 100% in her control. It would prevent most of this "doom and gloom."

from article
One study from 2022 found women in the U.S. spend about four-and-a-half hours per day caring for their families and homes, while men spend about 2.8 hours a day on the same or similar tasks. This also includes family mental health care. The mental burden becomes even greater for working moms.

Let's not forget, having brats is a CHOICE. A discriminating person may read 4.5 hours of house/grunt/brat work a day and decide to opt out of parenting hell. Stay childless, save yourself 4.5 hours of house caring a day. I think I do that much in a week. This week I've spent close to 4.5 hours gardening, which I enjoy and is 100% voluntary.

from article
In fact, when going up against the 40 other developed countries, the U.S. came in dead last in terms of paid leave available to mothers and fathers. The U.S. is the only OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) country that offered zero federally mandated weeks of maternity leave.

Imagine if there was an insurance policy a woman could purchase that would cover a disability, imagine if anyone working could do this? Wait, they can! If a parunt can't afford a short-term disability policy then they absolutely have no business having any brats. Because anyone with two brain cells to rub together realizes brats are damned expensuf.

from article
Oh, and since the pandemic began, 1 million U.S. women have left the workforce and not returned, reports the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. When moms do return to the office, they are oftentimes met with judgement and lack of flexibility that working parents frankly need in order to get by.

Ahhh someone is longing for the olden days where the childless/childfree were expected to pick up the slack for parunts.
We got damned sick of never taking sick days, holidays and having to work on paid holidays to cover your asses. You used up all your sick, vacation and sat on your butt on holidays while we worked because daycare wasn't available or you being sick wasn't questioned or you just wanted to not work and stay at home while your brats were in school flexibility. Thank goodness this is not as readily accepted anymore and a more egalitarian attitude towards all coworkers is expected.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/research-shows-american-women-are-doomed-for-all-eternity-obviously/ar-AA18TO8E?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=4380a537a5414f1a92405bec343d6640&ei=25
Re: research-shows-american-women-are-doomed-for-all-eternity-obviously
March 22, 2023
It's absolutely mind-boggling to me that so many women are still trying to have kids post-pandemic. Talk about selective listening. People with sprogs were complaining the whole damn time about all things brat care. I also don't understand, after seeing how selfish people and belligerent people became during this time, that people think bringing a kid into this world as it is sounds like a great idea. I just don't get it!

The US doesn't have free sprog care. Well duh. We also have lower taxes and tax benefits for breeders, and publicly-subsidized daycare AKA Head Start for those with lower incomes. As long as society thinks women who choose not to have children are horrible selfish heathens who don't deserve to be protected by discrimination laws (re: sterilizations, hysterectomies, discrimination in the workplace, and so on), I have a hard time giving a shit about these types of "problems".
Republicans would round up women into breeder camps.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I decided a long time ago that breeding was not worth it for women. You do most of the dirty work and get most of the blame if something goes wrong. I don't know how these cows always think it is going to be different for them.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
I can see the GQP attempting to criminalize the CF.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login