Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF nurse given flak by infertile patient (reddit)

Posted by kittehpeoples 
CF nurse given flak by infertile patient (reddit)
April 05, 2023
Anybody see the reddit post about the CF nurse who had an infertile patient insult her for being childfree? The poster mouthed back and left the room to get a different nurse, which is probably better than how I would have handled it these days. The patient actually had the audacity to ask her, "What kind of woman doesn't prioritize having children?" Like bitch, the kind of woman who's trying to help you overcome your fertility even though it's clear god doesn't want you to have kids. tongue sticking out smiley
Re: CF nurse given flak by infertile patient (reddit)
April 09, 2023
Talk about a dumbass, why would anyone insult someone they are relying on for care? Her being infertile is a blessing to any children who won't be born to her, just hoping she stays that way.
April 12, 2023

"What kind of woman doesn't prioritize having children?"

Probably one who has to work themselves to death for not nearly enough money taking care of dozens of assholes every single day like this barren cunt.

I'd have been tempted to be an ass right back to her. "What kind of woman can't have kids? That's a woman's whole purpose and you can't even do it!" Not that I think that's true, but I'm not above taking cheap shots when someone's being a shit to me.

I don't think I could ever be a nurse because I'd lay into this kind of asshole, especially after they give me attitude. Like the guy in room 730 is saying goodbye to his wife of 50 years and isn't handling it well because he still loves her. The woman at the end of the hall is slowly dying of pancreatic cancer and can't do anything about it. Someone in ICU is watching their brother cling to life after a head-on collision with a drunk driver who walked away with a bruise and nothing else. Another couple is in their fifth hour of watching their kid have agonal respirations at the tail end of a terminal disease and being completely unable to do anything but watch helplessly. Someone else is screaming in unbearable pain because the highest dose of the strongest painkillers isn't even taking the edge off. The elderly lady with dementia who broke her hip is crying for the fifth time that day because she was reminded yet again that her husband won't be coming to see her because he died 20 years ago. Bitch if the biggest problem in your life is not being able to breed, consider yourself fucking LUCKY.
April 12, 2023
IVF needs to be banned. It produces sickly brats.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 12, 2023
It also causes health problems in the women who do it. It's actually shocking to me how medical ethics go right out the window when it comes to ensuring that a women can breed. Meanwhile the women who never want to breed are given a hard time and treated like idiots. Isn't that great? Just one of many reasons why to me it's absolutely bizarre that anyone wants to bring more people into this world, especially women who claim to give a shit about women's rights. I mean, make it make sense sarcastic clapping
April 13, 2023
Money talks, and ethics walks.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2023
Ketchup
It also causes health problems in the women who do it. It's actually shocking to me how medical ethics go right out the window when it comes to ensuring that a women can breed. Meanwhile the women who never want to breed are given a hard time and treated like idiots. Isn't that great? Just one of many reasons why to me it's absolutely bizarre that anyone wants to bring more people into this world, especially women who claim to give a shit about women's rights. I mean, make it make sense sarcastic clapping

Gotta love how having a child and not having a child are both choices, but doctors are only willing to help patients achieve one of those choices. Any other voluntary life choice is met with doubt - are you sure you want to do this? Can you afford it? Are you willing to make a commitment? Could be anything - a big house, a vintage car, a pet, a tattoo or piercing, going back to college, you name it. But nobody asks those questions when someone wants to reproduce, for some reason.

Any other life choice that requires more than minimal effort and people will try to talk you out of it. But you want some babies? That's always wonderful! eye rolling smiley The circumstances never matter either. Broke, sick, disabled, crazy, abusive partner, homeless, addicted, uneducated - a babby will make all those better! But you try to buy a PS5 and then it's all OMG CAN U AFFORD THAT?!?

Questioning people's choice to breed before they do it should be the norm, and then doctors should refuse to treat barren patients if they are too poor, sick, stupid, or fucked up to raise another human being.
April 13, 2023
Agreed, but then if we do make an effort to advise others against breeding, we deny the creation of another consumer for the capitalist distopia.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 14, 2023
craftyzits
Money talks, and ethics walks.
This. We've actually seen in a lot of areas since World War II that the idea of medical ethics has been horribly overblown. Tuskegee syphilis experiment, anyone? Feeding radioactive cereal to children, anyone? Overblown coof nonsense, anyone? IVF and other infertility treatments are in the same league.

The link between acetaminophen and autism began with widespread use of acetaminophen in place of aspirin after the US CDC claimed that children and pregnant women should not take aspirin because of an obscure, rare condition called Reye's syndrome. I'm willing to lay odds that pharma money was behind that "recommendation", and look at the results. Lack of medical ethics again.
April 14, 2023
Cambion
I'd have been tempted to be an ass right back to her. "What kind of woman can't have kids? That's a woman's whole purpose and you can't even do it!" Not that I think that's true, but I'm not above taking cheap shots when someone's being a shit to me.

Oh, I like that!
April 14, 2023
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for -that- conversation LOL!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login