Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vote: would you break up over someone's kid?

Posted by cfuter 
Vote: would you break up over someone's kid?
May 01, 2023
I don't know if this is real or fake, but 100% legit reason to break up w/ someone.

https://youtube.com/shorts/WbGdpx8HOyc?feature=share

I dont know how long they were together but if it was me hopefully I'd nip it in the bud for my own sanity. I even tried to tell my friend I would have a hard time respecting his GF how she enables and deals w/ her adult kids. He didn't reply. But 90% of their relationship probs are her adult kids, and the fact 99% of their socializing his her kids and grandkids. Thrilling times! And, deaing w/ other people's small kyds makes me feel like I'm in Bizzarro World becuz whatever they should be doing they are not, and whatever they should not be doing they are.But, you can't say anything or youre a meanie, or dont know nuthin bcuz youre CF.
Re: Vote: would you break up over someone's kid?
May 01, 2023
They look young. In the video she asks why he wants to throw away years over her misbehaving brat. I'm guessing he may have just learned he is childfree or that he has reached his limit with this relationship. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he either wants to wait to have kids or doesn't want them.

This is one of the issues that lots of younger adults who are on the fence may end up facing. I feel bad for her because my guess is that she thought he was fine with her having a kid because he agreed to be in a relationship with her.
May 01, 2023
No adult with kids should be in a relationship with another adult who isn't the brat's biological parent. The only exception to this rule is with TWO adoptive parents.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 02, 2023
craftyzits
No adult with kids should be in a relationship with another adult who isn't the brat's biological parent. The only exception to this rule is with TWO adoptive parents.

I disagree. What better way for an adult to figure out if they want brats other than by exposure? It seems like most adults have no clue what brat raising entails. I'd rather they end a relationship with someone who has kids and become child-free than create their own kids while fantasizing about how wonderful it is going to be, regret it and leave the relationship. Or being in a relationship with someone with kids may help them decide they want to have their own brats.

If someone knows they don't want brats then (of course) they'd be way better off not being in a relationship with someone who has brats. Some of them won't even bother dating anyone with brats, some will do it once or twice and learn that it just won't work, and some will date and deal with the brats continuously - likely complaining the entire time about something they can easily walk away from.

The only issue with this is that some people will endure just about anything to not be alone, even if being around the brats is miserable 99% of the time. And some people will have brats because they think it is what they "have" to do or for some other reason they've internalized.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login