Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rants #216, #222 - Celebrities are better than you

Posted by Feh 
Celebrities make babies, is there anything they can't do? Oh yeah, sing, dance, act, clean, dress themselves, read, think...lots of stuff.

I don't know why this is, but for some reason in the US, what our celebrities do is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE. Several minutes of every news cast are reserved for celebrity gossip. There are entire hours on our cable "news" networks, during prime viewing time, devoted to the comings and goings of our celebrities. Hell, there's a whole goddamn channel devoted to their worthless lives, not to mention the millions of trees slaughtered for the altar of celebrity gossip. Of course, there's NOTHING ELSE going on in the world, so why shouldn't the hours and pages be filled with celebrity ass kissing.

What I'm guessing is that this becomes sort of a sucking whirlpool of stupidity. Trust me, it isn't just young people who take their cues from celebrities. Why do you think every woman is carrying some awful, huge, bejewled purse monstrosity, or wearing a jewled broach the size of a satellite dish? Because the fucking she-lebrities have 'em. Why are more and more men shaving off their body hair? Because the worthless he-lebrities don't have body hair any more. (why? I do not know) One can choose to do some research and find out what's going on in the world but it's a whole lot easier to sit back and let endless waves of celebrity news clear your mind. As a result, those programs and magazines do better in the ratings and the programmers replace more and more actual news with celebrity news. So then there's more of it, and more lazy bastards watching it, because you don't ever have to muddle through any weird accents, or worry about how world affairs effect you, or how you affect the world and potentially feel bad about that, because celebrities really play no part at all in the real world. It's just a big dumb soap opera that gets shoved up all our butts.

Damn, I hate celebrities.
And 90% of them have NO talent whatsoever.
Yes, I do not understand the popularity of the Simpsons (the sisters, not the cartoon),the Hiltons, or Brittney. As far as I can tell, people like them because they've some how managed to make millions by just being shit filled bags of skin.
Oh, I agree about the stupid celebrity worship. I have noticed lately that there are even MORE celebrity gossip rags on the racks at the supermarket checkout than there used to be. And every fucking single one of them blares the same stupid headlines about Slutney Spears' white trash husband and their sprog, or Nick & Jessica's breakup.

WHOGIZZASHIT?

Honestly, I had no idea who the fuck Nick and Jessica were until this breakup thing. I have yet to hear any of their *music*, and hope I never do, as it probably all sucks. I've also noticed that the more a celeb is splattered all over the cheap rags, the less talent said celeb has. It seems that rather than having any actual talent, their careers consist of beiing fodder for these stupid rags.

I wonder who buys this shit. Somebody must, since there are so many of these things on the racks. But I could never imagiine wasting my money on any of this crap.
It's good to have on hand to use for toilet paper in case you run out. LOL
Coffee filters are softer AND more absorbant.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.