Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So I split with my breeder-ific fiance for good. (Kinda long.)

Posted by raindancemaggie 
I have been with Erik for three years now, and we got engaged over Christmas in 2011.

And now I am done with him.

I was seeing signs of breeder in him, and I came here to post about it, then I spoke to him and he assured me he never wanted children.

Well, last week, we got in a fight because he has all these friends that he goes out with, and I do not. I have never been one who had a lot of friends, and the couple close friends I do have are childed (not moos in any sense of the word, but they still have obligations that preclude going out with me). I got sick of him going out every Friday night with a guy that I do not like (he has cheated on his wife multiple times, and has a very sexist attitude about relationships).

So I confronted him about it, and I just asked him why he can't spend a Friday night here or there home with me instead of going to the bars with his boorish friend (I didn't phrase it that way).

Then he started going on and on about how "when people have a family, their priorities change." So I asked him why he doesn't consider the two of us to be a family. Then he goes off on the all too familiar "famblees require kyds" tirade and ends up asking me why I hate people who have families so much and why I have such a hang-up about kids.

(I do not have any hang-ups about kids, first off. I just value my personal freedom too much to be tied down by kids. Also, I don't hate people with kids. Three of my closest friends in life have children - and I actually enjoy being around their children!)

Then he tells me that he wants them and that if I loved him, I would want to have kids with him.

OH HELL NO.

First off, just because he is 34 doesn't mean he can talk to me (I'm 24) like a child. When we fight, he often talks down to me like I'm unintelligent. Second, I can't believe I almost married a breeder. He might say that he hasn't been hiding these feelings, but to me, they don't just appear overnight. My choice to be child-free wasn't overnight! And third, I refuse to be romantically tied to anyone who wants me to compromise my child-free status in any way. I will never date anyone who has kids (even grown kids) or wants kids. EVER.

I have been pretty absent for the last week because I gave him his ring and got my own one-bedroom apartment within walking distance of my job, completely across the city from him.

I made it clear from the start that I am never having kids, and even got Essure almost a year ago. If he is not on board with my decision, he can go find some ignorant wannamoo to marry.

Now, tonight, I am going to go out and celebrate my singledom!!! grinning smiley
Re: So I split with my breeder-ific fiance for good. (Kinda long.)
March 07, 2012
Sorry about the breakup but congrats on your freedom. BTW that is far more valuable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 07, 2012
Oh Jesus, I'm sorry you had to hear that from him. But you are much better off! Sounds like he was early for his midlife crisis.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
March 07, 2012
Jeez, I'm sorry about the breakup, but I'm glad you stuck up for your freedom and your values.
March 07, 2012
Good on you for never compromising your principles. Sure, relationships are a little bit of give-and-take, but there's some dealbreakers, and that is certainly one of them. His reaction and his words prove that he never knew you in the first place. So don't mourn this guy for very long, if at all.
March 07, 2012
Woah, sorry about this. He had no right to talk down to you, and you seem much more mature than him. He's a liar and/or really confused and he's too old for that crap while you have your shit together. I wouldn't be suprised if he tries to get you to come back by telling you he will do what you want (lies and manipulation). Stick to your guns, you rock.
March 07, 2012
Sorry about your broken engagement.
You deserve to be happy, and from what you've written, this relationship had some serious incompatibility issues. As I see it, you dodged a bullet.
March 07, 2012

Then he started going on and on about how "when people have a family, their priorities change." So I asked him why he doesn't consider the two of us to be a family. Then he goes off on the all too familiar "famblees require kyds" tirade and ends up asking me why I hate people who have families so much and why I have such a hang-up about kids.

:headbrick:headbrick

Goddamn! You see what breeding does to peoples brains? Geezus fucking Christ!

Oh, well. Good riddance. Glad you booted his ass out of your life.:beer smiling smiley
March 07, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about your breakup...but Gods! Think about what would have happened if you did marry him!
I couldn't imagine a worse fate than marrying a breeder. He would have pressured you to cave in to his need for brats. You most likely would've ended up in divorce court anyway.

I agree with Tiquer about this being a dodged bullet, although I'm sure your feelings about the breakup are still quite raw. He may try to call...and apologize for what he said, knowing he let the cat out of the bag with regards to his feelings about breeding. He told you the truth about his feelings, and there's no going back now. He wants brats, and you don't. Definite dealbreaker if you ask me.

If he's such a tool, who talks down to you like you are a child, he might try to minimize the argument, trying to make it seem as if you're blowing it out of proportion.

You are still very young, and will meet someone who is much better for you.
Thanks for all your support everyone!!!

He has called me once since the breakup, and it's just that: he wants kids, and I don't. He did apologize, but this is one of my few dealbreakers and I'm sticking to my guns.

I was married once before (at 19 . . . very dumb choice on my part) and he also went breeder on me. I'm not gonna pay another $200 to get divorced. I'm very glad this came to light before it was too late.
March 07, 2012
Wow, well played!

It was really unfair of him to hide that he wanted kids from you.
Had someone do that in the past and moving on from them was the best thing I could have done.
You're fantastic for getting set up in a new place so soon.
Onward and upward! :drkbddy
March 07, 2012
SUPERB!!

A couple problems: 10 years difference: you are at different stages of your lives. you will be more 'grown up' @ 27 then you even are now. More of your own mind, more independent, etc. Even with out the breederific tendencies of his, it probably would not have worked out for that reason. (that was the reason he 'talked down' to you: he regarded you as a kid more or less.

secondly, and I regard this as the biggest problem (again, not even related to sprogging although it sure as hell factors in). He hangs around with a douchbag who cheats. I will bet ex boyfriend knew he cheated but still hangs out with him, and bleats about 'famblee' shit regarding him. This implies tacit approval of cheating on a wife (imo with or without kids: kids just gives more of an excuse.) you do NOT need someone of this mindset who sees nothing wrong with hanging around with cheaters. This says to me 'ex boyfriend will also be a cheater.'

You dodged a bullet. A BIG ONE!!

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 07, 2012
twocents
You dodged a bullet. A BIG ONE!!

Yup.

This is for Rain

Given the choice of hang-out buddies he has, I predict that any woman dumb enough to spawn with that wretch will end up being the one who has to do all the runtwork while he continues going out with his buddy and bragging how great it is to be a duhd.
What a rough trot you've been having, hope you're okay.

Good on you for sticking to your principles - you were upfront with him and he wasn't with you. Sounds like he only told you that when backed into a corner, using that to deflect from the issue at hand that he was going out bar hopping with some serial cheater.

(which btw I would not be comfortable with either)

That reads like he was saying you need to pop out kids before he would consider spending a friday at home with you - WTF.

Am all for girls'/boys' nights when you just want to be with your mates. But in a relationship every week is a bit much - wouldn't you just say to your partner 'hey come out for a drink with us!' - I mean, with no loaves to burden you, that should mean plenty of time to go out together.

It sounds like he was excluding you and hanging out with a habitual cheater IS significant. Birds of a feather and all that.

You go out and celebrate your life choices and freedom lady!

x
March 07, 2012
raindancemaggie
I have been with Erik for three years now, and we got engaged over Christmas in 2011.

And now I am done with him.

I was seeing signs of breeder in him, and I came here to post about it, then I spoke to him and he assured me he never wanted children.

Well, last week, we got in a fight because he has all these friends that he goes out with, and I do not. I have never been one who had a lot of friends, and the couple close friends I do have are childed (not moos in any sense of the word, but they still have obligations that preclude going out with me). I got sick of him going out every Friday night with a guy that I do not like (he has cheated on his wife multiple times, and has a very sexist attitude about relationships).

So I confronted him about it, and I just asked him why he can't spend a Friday night here or there home with me instead of going to the bars with his boorish friend (I didn't phrase it that way).

(I do not have any hang-ups about kids, first off. I just value my personal freedom too much to be tied down by kids. Also, I don't hate people with kids. Three of my closest friends in life have children - and I actually enjoy being around their children!)

Then he tells me that he wants them and that if I loved him, I would want to have kids with him.

OH HELL NO.

First off, just because he is 34 doesn't mean he can talk to me (I'm 24) like a child. When we fight, he often talks down to me like I'm unintelligent. Second, I can't believe I almost married a breeder. He might say that he hasn't been hiding these feelings, but to me, they don't just appear overnight. My choice to be child-free wasn't overnight! And third, I refuse to be romantically tied to anyone who wants me to compromise my child-free status in any way. I will never date anyone who has kids (even grown kids) or wants kids. EVER.

I have been pretty absent for the last week because I gave him his ring and got my own one-bedroom apartment within walking distance of my job, completely across the city from him.

I made it clear from the start that I am never having kids, and even got Essure almost a year ago. If he is not on board with my decision, he can go find some ignorant wannamoo to marry.

Now, tonight, I am going to go out and celebrate my singledom!!! grinning smiley

not everybody can be a parent. that is not a bad thing-not everyone can be an artist, professional athlete or astronaut either. it is what it is. anyone who will pressure you to change-including wanting to have kids-is not someone who respects you and appreciates you. kudos on not letting someone else control your life.

and he might be 10 years older-but he is about 10 years younger emotionally and mentally. you might find someone who will be a perfect fit....or maybe not. if you are confident in yourself, you don't need someone to spackle your soul.
March 07, 2012
Sorry it has been such a tough time for you, and much respect to you for standing by your values. There are awesome CF men out there, it's better to find one of them to spend your life with than to settle for Mr Breederdouche. I'm going to raise a glass of wine to you after work today smiling smiley
March 07, 2012
I am sorry you had to go through this. But you did dodge a bullet. It would have been harder and more expensive to escape if you had married him. This is a little OT, but why do men date these young girls and then treat them like children? If she's grown enough to fuck, then she is not a child. And if you do view her as a kid, then you shouldn't be fucking her. Breeder men have zero brains in their heads. All they see is young pussy shoving out their heirs. Or a trophy to put on their arms.
:beer Good luck, Maggie! Congrats on your freedom!
you didn't dodge a bullet, you dodged a freakin nuke! I am glad you held true to yourself and didn't let this guy trample you. Good riddance. hitting over the head with a hammer
March 08, 2012
peace-n-quiet
I am sorry you had to go through this. But you did dodge a bullet. It would have been harder and more expensive to escape if you had married him. This is a little OT, but why do men date these young girls and then treat them like children? If she's grown enough to fuck, then she is not a child. And if you do view her as a kid, then you shouldn't be fucking her. Breeder men have zero brains in their heads. All they see is young pussy shoving out their heirs. Or a trophy to put on their arms.

I'm thinking that a lot of young women think older guys will be more mature and that perhaps used to be true. Most people in their twenties have heard of CF, at least knowing there is a choice. Lots of older guys are still are brainwashed to breed. Maybe there will be more CF types in this generation than the previous ones.
March 08, 2012
Good riddance. This guy was trying to railroad you into doing what he wanted, no questions asked. And ITA, hanging out with someone who cheats is not a good sign.

You sound like the more mature person in the relationship. It may hurt now, but you will be so glad you dumped him.

Better to be alone than to be stuck with a WannaBreed.
Many big hugs to RaindanceMaggie. While this is a sucky and difficult time for you, you SOOOOOO did the right thing. It all goes back to those absolute 100% dealbreakers where if one person wants kids and the other doesn't, there can be no compromise. No kids wins.

Otherwise, it's just a world of heartbreak and abuse on all sides that comes out of it, a relationship filled with more and more manipulation, anger, regret, and all that yuck.

Here's to young and lovely Maggie rocking on into her new singlehood! smiling smiley
March 08, 2012
friendly hug

Better to find out now, than to get married to him and find out later. I've read posts from CF women about how their husbands up and left them after acting like nothing was wrong... and it was because he finally realised she was serious about the no-kids thing and it wasn't a phase she would outgrow. (Like women are just children themselves! angry smiley )

Thank Gawd you're already fixed... who knows what he would have done if you were not. You'd think that would have been a fucking clue. Did he expect you to get it reversed?

You did nothing wrong, no matter what that fuckhead says. You were upfront and honest, and he repaid you with being dishonest and treating you like you are 5 years old.

He may be 10 years older than you, but you're the one showing real maturity! :yr
March 08, 2012
Someone here found a post on one of those complaining moo sites..., don't remember. Classic..

Some woman who did not want kids, finally had one after dickbrain whined complained, etc until she gave in. Once she dropped the calf, he virtually walked out; coming home very late, staying away weekends. She was posting, her bag was packed, and she was waiting for dickbrain to come home. Once he did, she was walking out the door for good.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 08, 2012
Sorry to hear of the breakup, but good for you for knowing your own mind and sticking to your principles--strong and smart!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login