Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
January 04, 2006
Just a fiance?
No kids yet or has she gotten knocked up before getting married?
Just who is dumb in this case..
Compromise at 1...
Who is she kidding?
Stupid duh will not be happy with 1. Once she drops this one he'll start bellyaching about #2 and #3...etc.
She should have walked out at the first sign of baby rabies.
Nour
Re: #777
January 04, 2006
Yeah, two cents, I hear you. After one, the duh and other relatives will start harping, "Give the chylld a sibling."

And we are talking about creating people here! You can't compromise! Either you have a kid or you don't. There is no middle ground. Like a dear friend of mine says: "Pregnant. Not pregnant. In some things, there ain't no grey area."

You would think the way people talk that they are picking out the color of their new living room carpet instead of deciding to bring A HUMAN BEING INTO THE WORLD.
CF Scorpio
January 04, 2006
Yeah, he's just a fiance; they're not even married yet. I don't get it. I don't get the whole compromise thing either, especially (as Nour pointed out) it's a human being we're talking about here! As moderator of that group, I kept my opinion to myself and stayed on topic, but you can imagine what I wanted to say to her! Especially considering that it's the woman who usually ends up doing all the work and caring for the child...it's easy for HIM to say he wants 3 kids! She'll be doing all the work!
January 04, 2006
I would never compromise for nobody. It sure hell will never be worth it to have a kid! I rather break up or get a divorce any time! After all, a baby will not gurantee that a guy will stay. They can leave anytime with or without a kid and I rather be left without a kid!
Anonymous User
January 04, 2006
I've said this before and I'll say it again: "Compromise" is when Catdaddy wants Chinese food for dinner, I want Italian, and I say we can have Chinese tonight if we can go out for Italian next week. In other words, nothing as permanently life-changing as breeding.

I was willing to let my first marriage end because he decided he wanted rugrats, and I didn't. Something this big should always be a deal-breaker, and NOT a "compromise".

I don't understand people like this woman, and I never will. She pissed away her life just to hang onto a may-un that she isn't even married to! Idiot!
anonymous guest
January 05, 2006
Catmommy put it the best way anyone can. It is true that marriage does require compromise, but there are certain issues that there isn't a gray area. Children is one of those issues. You don't "compromise" an average number of children you want. It's either children or no children, and that's it.
Anonymous User
January 05, 2006
there was a classic example on this on the old series 'ellis island'.
it was a good series, but there was this one couple that should never have been.
guy chased this girl who wanted to be on broadway more and in movies..
hounded her and hounded until she married him and then he started in on the baby rabies... until she gave in, with the caveat 'only one'...
the child died in some epidemic, so he carried on once more to replace the dead child. at that point she walked out...
I'm sure a loooooot of people would look at her as bad; she was always up front that she did not want kids, she wanted her career..
Only minor detraction from a fine piece of tv work.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.