Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Should I Do with My Baby's Remains After Home Miscarriage? (Moo Ponders)

Posted by kidlesskim 
www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t758745.html

"Hi Ladies,

I know this probably sounds like a strange question but the truth is I've never had to deal with this particular situation before.

I recently suffered my 5th miscarriage at home. I passed the gestational sac intact and promptly put it in a specimen cup to take with me to the doc. Only this time the gestational sac hasn't been taken from me and sent for testing (I have no idea why).

So for the first time, I still have my baby (in a specimen jar in my fridge). I just can't bring myself to just throw it out with the garbage or flush it. That just seems so wrong like it was unloved and unwanted which isn't the case at all. So what do I do with it? Has anyone else faced a similar dilemma and what did you do with it? I suppose we could bury it but we're in the midst of landscaping so i don't want to risk the bobcat or gardners digging it up again either. I also don't want it to stay in my fridge. I need to let it go I just dont know how or where to do it."

confused smiley I have read plenty of Moo stories about backyard Kotex burials and their fishing the clump out of the toilet, but I don't recall any where they keep the remains of the clump in a jar in the refrigerator next to the green olives and pickle jars. FLUSH the damned thing already, please.:headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Or bury it in the garden. Shit, anything but keeping it with the fucking food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Bury it in some scrub or trees so you don't know if something's dug it up. I can understand why that would bother someone. But it won't matter to the dead embryo-thingy now.

But why the fuck is it in the fridge?! Why not just ask the doc to dispose of it as medical waste, which it is...
Bury it, cremate it, I dunno-maybe take it to a taxidermist. Geez!
Place the miscarriage on the mantle. That's a conversation starter.
Flush it down the toilet. After that, clean everything out of the fridge and bleach the inside of it.

ETA: Better yet, just burn the fridge and buy a new one.
Snark Shark
these freaks eat the placenta- eat lil fetus, too! Put `im in a stew!

Reminds me of a joke...
Why are water-births so popular?

So that if it's born dead, you can make soup! smile rolling left rightsmile

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
This is the most repulsive thing ever. And maybe after the 5th miscarriage, your body is trying to tell you something.
michaela
Why are water-births so popular?

So that if it's born dead, you can make soup!

Aw......dude.......sick.......

lar19
This is the most repulsive thing ever. And maybe after the 5th miscarriage, your body is trying to tell you something.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? I mean, I can imagine how disturbing it would be to pass a "gestational sac intact", especially when birthing is the center of your entire universe (glad that isn't me), but it's the 5th one and she has the audacity to say, "This time the gestational sac hasn't been taken from me and sent for testing, I have no idea why." Some people are truly twisted.
Here are some ideas:

Dry it out and turn it into fetus jerky
Turn it into a pencil topper (doubles as an eraser)
Pose it in a funny stance, put tiny sunglasses / sombrero / fishing pole with a sign "Gone Fishin'"
Turn it into a dog chew-toy
Makes for great silly-putty when it's still pliable! See if you can copy Archie's comics on it!
Give it to someone as a Secret Santa Xmas Gag gift at the office party.
(It's sure to make everyone at the office party gag)
Turn it into a halloween decoration.
There. That should keep mooo busy for hours. bouncing and laughing
:goggle JFC that's fucking horrible. Why don't they just stick it in a shoebox and bury it deep enough so "the bobcat" won't get it? Or have a bonfire and toss it in and roast some marshmallows over it or something? How the fuck can someone keep a miscarriage in the goddamned fridge???
This is from many years ago, on ASCF, so the memory is vague, but - I swear - someone (had to be a crafty cow) sold resin kits for women to preserve "forever after" their miscarried clots. I tried to google search but couldn't come up with anything. Still it followed the same principle as kits for dried flowers

I guess Clot could be preserved as a pendant ("held close to Mommy's heart") or maybe a fob on a key chain. Every time you go to start the SMooV, little Clotina is there, swinging with the rhythm of the road.
Bury the thing in the backyard and try as hard as possible never to get pignant ever again
Or find herself a psychiatrist, because that isn't normal.
so.... wtf is a "gestational sac"... never mind, I don't really want to know.

Also, who keeps specimin jars around to store their miscarriages in? I mean, unless she has a job in a lab or is a scientist... which I seriously doubt because if she were so well educated she would not be storing her clot in the fridge.
Roll it in glitter and hang it on the Christmas tree.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Maybe they could save it a la blood vial necklace, though I have a feeling it would need to be a considerably-sized vial if we're talking sacs here. If you fill a vial necklace with real blood, you usually have to have it mixed with something from a hospital to prevent the blood from clotting and getting all chunky, but maybe this thing could get submersed in formaldehyde or something. Not that I wish to encourage clump obsessions in these mentally unstable women, though I think they'd easily get penciled in for a few days in the psych ward if a doctor saw them wearing the remains of their miscarriage around their necks.

I'm more concerned with the fact she finds it acceptable to store medical waste in the fridge alongside food that will go in someone's mouth. I mean if she wants to give the clump a "proper burial," I'm sure she could get it cremated (and maybe wear the ashes in the aforesaid vial necklace) or bury it in the backyard and put something there to mark the spot so no one digs it up. Maybe she can put it in a metal box so no alleged bobcat will dig it up and eat it. OR she can be a sane human being and flush it like any other blood expelled from the vagina. If it's good enough for dead fish, it's good enough for dead clumps.

So for the first time, I still have my baby (in a specimen jar in my fridge).

Makes me feel like the Cops prolly did - upon opening Jeffrey Dahmer's fridge doh face
if she really thought the dead fetus was a person, she would have properly buried that damn thing. you don't store your dead grandma's body in your freezer, why should you be unsure about what to do with your dead child fetus?

tell her that she had unconsciously killed her unborn child through that miscarriage, she probably would go batshit crazy too. yes, she's that kind of person.

if she's my room mate, I would have flushed that thing down to the sewer when she's not home. gross.
felisdomestica
if she really thought the dead fetus was a person, she would have properly buried that damn thing. you don't store your dead grandma's body in your freezer, why should you be unsure about what to do with your dead child fetus?

tell her that she had unconsciously killed her unborn child through that miscarriage, she probably would go batshit crazy too. yes, she's that kind of person.

if she's my room mate, I would have flushed that thing down to the sewer when she's not home. gross.

I would have tossed into the nearest dumpster!
This shit is beyond bizarre.

But havn't we discused some looney tunes 'TTC' Moos having little ceremonies for their periods every month and calling them 'angel eggs' or some shit?

These bitches are so beyond crazy, I doubt they make rubber wallpaper thick enough to contain the pathology!

And yeah..........5th miscarriage. The oven's outta gas, lady.
derkommissar
Or find herself a psychiatrist, because that isn't normal.

i second.
felisdomestica

of course you don't put grandma in the freezer-you stuff her and sit her in a rocking chair in a dark room...
But havn't we discused some looney tunes 'TTC' Moos having little ceremonies for their periods every month and calling them 'angel eggs' or some shit?

WHAT???
zatoth
felisdomestica

of course you don't put grandma in the freezer-you stuff her and sit her in a rocking chair in a dark room...

Sometimes gramma has her own storage unit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login