Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kre8ive Names

Posted by Anonymous User 
At least Tristan is a legit name (like Aiden, it's Irish). I honestly don't understand why the -aden names have become so popular. Newsflash to moos and duhs: Sticking every letter of the alphabet in front of the same ending doesn't make for unique names, it makes you all sound stupid. There are plenty of lovely, legitimate names out there that are also unique. Use one of them, ffs.
Re: Guess Jayden and Kaden aren't quite stupid enough
June 19, 2012
maybe they can't spell Peyton.
June 19, 2012
crazycatlady
maybe they can't spell Peyton.

Izzat a quarterback or a Place?

This one ought to be a first: Blaycee. I saw that one the other day. Whenever I see these "yoon'ique" names I often wonder how parents come up with them. Are they pulled from thin air, their asses, a combination of several other relatives names thrown together, or someone trying to inflate their own egos for showing the rest of the world just how "kreeyativve" they are. smile rolling left righteyes2
pepper labeija
Damn. I was hoping it would be 'Mayden'. 'Paden' is pretty dumb though hysterical laughterz

I know someone who named her kid Paden. It's a stupid name. I also met someone who is going to name her kid Jace. Both Paden and Jace are going to have to explain their names EVERYDAY. And I hope they can stand up to other kids, because those names do not pass the playground text either.
June 19, 2012
amy n
pepper labeija
Damn. I was hoping it would be 'Mayden'. 'Paden' is pretty dumb though hysterical laughterz

I know someone who named her kid Paden. It's a stupid name.

*snicker* Check the site that defines the entomology of names

An invented name, using the popular aden suffix sound found in such names as Braden, Hayden and Aidan.

I remember it from the movie Silverado (Kevin Kline; top billing). It seemed to fit with the names of the other characters- Emmett, Jake, Mal (probably short for Malachi).

Bet some cow caught the movie on a late night showing, thought "Paden. Hmmm, I like that name" and decided to bestow it on her future kid. Some people, it fits. Kevin Kline made a good Paden, being a succinct, masculine character, but a twerp? No. Doesn't fit.
June 19, 2012
I actually like Aidan as a name. But Paden? Good grief.

Peraphs since I am called Tiziana I shouldn't speak, but mine is a legittimate latin name tongue sticking out smiley
On the subject of horrific names.. My facebook is currently filled with pictures of an ex-friend of mine's latest condom malfunction. She gave it the unfortunate name of "Bray'leigh". Almost as bad as a work aquaintance who named hers's "Pheydon" (like a ruptured faydon, still stupid).
June 19, 2012
eaglepoke56
A couples of times in the last week I've run across a new entry in the "Aiden " rhyming sweepstakes that i hadn't heard before- Paden !!! What the hell kind of name is Paden??? Sounds like something you spread on a cracker! The next two I'm expecting to see are Traden{ spinoff on Tristan, another moronic name ] and Zaden [from the planet Numb nuts]. Paden, unreal.

Yes, Paden is something you spread on Traden (or Tristan--or Triscuit) crackers.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
t.

Peraphs since I am called Tiziana I shouldn't speak, but mine is a legittimate latin name tongue sticking out smiley

Aidan is a beautiful name, and it used to be one of my favorites until the damn moos turned it into the trendiest thing around. Now I can't even bring myself to saddle any of my ball-joint dolls or my Sims with that name. Even hunks of resin and masses of pixels deserve better than to follow a trend like that.
aya
t.

Aidan is a beautiful name, and it used to be one of my favorites until the damn moos turned it into the trendiest thing around. Now I can't even bring myself to saddle any of my ball-joint dolls or my Sims with that name. Even hunks of resin and masses of pixels deserve better than to follow a trend like that.

Aidan was great when Quinn was the only one with the name. Now every third kyd has the moniker.
June 19, 2012
Hey gang, just posted a new thread involving a boy named, you guessed it, Aiden. Heh heh.
June 19, 2012
t.

Off topic somewhat but I like your name and think it's really pretty.
June 19, 2012
I think some people get a stupid ass name for their kid like this - they take a common name such as Samuel, and sing:

Samuel, Famuel, Bo-bamual, Banana Fanna Smosmaual, Samuel!

Jayden, Paden, Fo Fadin', Banana Fanna Lo-maden, Jayden!

And some might just randomly punch the keyboard, and whatever letters come up on the screen, that's the kid's name. They'll add vowels, if necessary.

ghlsr = Gihlser
I actually heard a great one at the grocery store today - Raiden. Yes, as in "I'ma raidin' yo fridge". I actually like the name Tristan a lot. I hope it doesn't get too popular.
June 20, 2012
stillcrazy4cats
I actually heard a great one at the grocery store today - Raiden. Yes, as in "I'ma raidin' yo fridge". I actually like the name Tristan a lot. I hope it doesn't get too popular.

You know what is sad? That those names don't mean a thing.
Names have always been important, in all cultures. They define you, in some way. Latin said: Nomen Omen (Name is destiny) and were very careful about naming their offspring.

My name has a meaning. I like it. It has history and tradition.
Those names mean... nothing. There is no tradition, not history. No roots.
I think it is sad.

satansbitch
t.

Why, thank you! blushing
I'm sorry , has it become illegal to name a male child John, Robert, Joseph, William or Thomas{my name!!!!!]? Not flashy names, but good strong names that will carry you through a lifetime. Paden, good grief!!
t.
stillcrazy4cats

You know what is sad? That those names don't mean a thing.
Names have always been important, in all cultures. They define you, in some way. Latin said: Nomen Omen (Name is destiny) and were very careful about naming their offspring.

My name has a meaning. I like it. It has history and tradition.
Those names mean... nothing. There is no tradition, not history. No roots.
I think it is sad.

I can't remember if it was here or on another forum, but I remember stumbling on a link to an article about names that was really interesting. One of the commenters said something very similal to your point -- "if you give a kid with a name that doesn't mean anything, you're telling the kid they're nothing." When you combine it with the bullshit that passes for parenting these days I think you wind up with a really interesting bit of social commentary (which I will hopefully be able to articulate at some point...).

I don't particularly like my own name. It's not an uncommon name but even so people can never pronounce it right (they often continue to pronounce it wrong even after I correct them multiple times, which I find rude) and often spell it wrong. The meaning of it has absolutely no relevance to the way I or my life have so far turned out. But at least it's a real, legitimate name and not some stupid, invented, meaningless dribble like Bray'leigh or Paden.
June 20, 2012
I agree... it is sad, really, to give children no-names sad smiley
Paden is such a wuss name. OMG...yuck lurking
June 20, 2012
stillcrazy4cats

I like Tristan. It refers to Tristan and Isolde of Arthurian legends. If I were to have kids (too old now), I would be the sort to call them Thor, Rune, Mordred, Gawain, Nuala, Mairead, Alzbeth or Rhiannon. I love medieval names...
June 20, 2012
LauritaR
Paden is such a wuss name. OMG...yuck lurking

"I cuddin affode ta pays fo da crack in cash, so I paden sex..."
stillcrazy4cats

I thought that name came up on this board once before and I compared it to the Mortal Kombat character. bouncing and laughing
June 20, 2012
satansbitch
t.

Seconded--it sounds quite lovely! And "Tiz" is about the cutest nickname ever.
June 20, 2012
eaglepoke56
A couples of times in the last week I've run across a new entry in the "Aiden " rhyming sweepstakes that i hadn't heard before- Paden !!! What the hell kind of name is Paden??? Sounds like something you spread on a cracker! The next two I'm expecting to see are Traden{ spinoff on Tristan, another moronic name ] and Zaden [from the planet Numb nuts]. Paden, unreal.

Zaden/Zaiden/Zayden is already a thing, and is popular! Here's the chart showing its meteoric rise in popularity in the 2000s. Blech.

..........................................................................................................................................................
Established tiling methods are for unlambent nonbreathers filled with tiny rage.--CrabCake
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login