Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kre8ive Names

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Kre8ive Names
August 25, 2012
Yeah - those Arthurian dudes sure knew how to pick 'em. Merlin fell in lurve with her, and she led him on, even though she didn't give two shits about him. What she *did* want was his magics. So... she used her feminine wiles on him and got him to teach her how to do that voodoo he do so well. He taught her some sort of spell that allowed her to trap him. Dumbass. It's like an Arthurian magical non-baybee-making OOPS.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
August 27, 2012
I was in McDonalds today, trying to cure my epic PMS craving for a fish sandwich. Not just any fish would do - pre-formed fish patty topped with cheese that was mined in a dairy deposit adjacent to the Velveeta mine. Don't know why. It totally hit the spot, though.

Anyway, I'm in McD's, and this feral brat of about three was running all over the place, completely unchecked by her white-trash moo. Don't worry - I'm getting to the name. Anyway, this brat was a chubby little dumpling of a thing (I'm a chubby little dumpling of a thing, but I'm cute, intelligent, perky, and humble, lol). She alternated between waving her fat little arm and wailing, then looking at the food and giggling. She wailed again, wandered off, fell over, and Moo just stood there at the counter waiting for the piglet to come back before she would order.

They arrived at the drink station, and Bratleigh flailed at the soda fountain, "Want toe-duh! Want toe-duh!!!"

Moo replied in her little insipid voice that of course Bratleigh could have some soda.

I've saved the name for last... The entire time, it was "Prunella, where are you going? Prunella, don't go far. Yes you can have soda, Prunella."

Prune-ella. I know it's a real name. It's an old-fashioned name. I have utmost respect for old-fashioned names, but naming a brat Prunella in this day and age - Ummmm, NO!

Google tells me that prunella is this:

But I see this:

August 27, 2012
Lol, I did the wikipedia thing and I got
Morris
Jacobsen
Poliakov
which are all last names of people. Morris is a good cat name.
August 29, 2012
Chauntalayne. Her half-sister, named KimKeisha, calls her "Moo Moo". Apparently she was chubby as a baby and the nickname stuck. Moo Moo grew up to be a fat, greedy moo moo, so hey!

That's from Judge Alex.
August 30, 2012
September 01, 2012
A girl at work recently had a baby and his name is Michael Angelo. MICHAELANGELO!!!!!!

We've all decided that the only way this is ok is if she keeps on going for the whole deal and pushes out three more which must be named Leonardo, Donatello, and Raphael. And even then, that's still pretty awful. I'm almost positive the kid will probably end up going by "Mike".
September 06, 2012
I hate to say it, but the Ninja Turtle names aren't too bad - I mean before they were turtles, they were artists. And they all can be shortened into normal nicknames - Leonardo becomes Leo, Michaelangelo (or Michelangelo) becomes Mike/Mikey, Donatello becomes Don/Donny, and Raphael can become Raph. The goddamned turtles call one another these in the show, even. grinning smiley But some TMNT names - Splinter, Shredder, Tokka, Rhazar, Bebop, Rocksteady, Slash, etc. - not so much luck with nicknames. (/nerd)

I got to hear a fun story today regarding dumbass names. A grown woman, when she was 3 years old, was allowed to choose her own name. I have no idea what her parents called her up until then or what was on her birth certificate until then, but the name the woman chose? Pony. She spelled it with an "I" rather than a "Y." And apparently she herself thought this was a real keen, kre8ive idea, so she did the same thing with her own daughter. Said daughter chose the name "Bambi."

I hope this is not a naming trend that will become popular. Shit, if I had the chance to choose my own name at my current age, I would have no idea what I'd pick - how in the hell can someone who is probably still shitting in their pants be trusted to choose a name that will stay with them for the rest of their lives?
September 10, 2012
Snark Shark
what the fuck is an UN-birthday? does she get shoved BACK up the cooter?

I think it comes from Alice in Wonderland.

I have heard of some people celebrating their half-birthdays instead of their birthdays, because the birthday itself fell on some public holiday. But I can't think of anything in particular that would be wrong with March 8th, so presumably that is not the explanation in this case.

I like to think it was just a random excuse for a party and spelling the name that way was part of the joke, with her real name being Mariah.

That's what I hope. But I fear that might not be the case...
September 12, 2012
I have a couple creative names that have stepped forward recently.

One comes from a really stupid, trashy moo that got knocked up again after already expelling one child from her cooter and being unable to care for it.
She named the latest loaf Riot.
I'm not even kidding.
His name is RIOT.
Riot.
That's not even a name.
I'm sure that kid will grow up to be a real cancer curer. smile rolling left righteyes2

As for the other name, there's a kid in my Foods class named Rass.
Honestly, what kind of name is Rass?
I don't know if it's some cultural thing (the kid's African American) but still, it's weird.

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
September 13, 2012
It's easy to get on the internet and pretend to be someone you aren't. It's possible you're just a troll who saw that post and decided to have some fun. If that's the case please die in a fire immediately.

Assuming that you are who you say you are, I feel sorry for you. Your name is cute right now but the first time you fill out a job application or go on a job interview nobody's going to be laughing. I've been there and I've done that. I'm now 33 years old and in the process of changing my name. I would not wish the hell that is a creative name on anyone.

I wish you well in life. You are soon to find out that the real world is a cruel place to be. I now reccomend you stop trolling here. Please find something better to do.
September 13, 2012
September 13, 2012
Snark Shark
"His name is RIOT"

BWA-HA-HA!!!!waving hellolarious

That's also a band!

" there's a kid in my Foods class named Rass"

HEY RASS!! SHAKE YER ASS!!! waving hellolarious

"Assuming that you are who you say you are, I feel sorry for you."

aw! what did I miss??

"I'm now 33 years old and in the process of changing my name"

I'm so nosy i wonder what your name is!tongue sticking out smiley

Someone came on here last night claiming to be the Myrrhiah posted about a couple of days ago. (I think that's how it was spelled.)

My name is Nikki. It is not short for anything and it was cute when I was a kid but I feel that I haven't been able to grow up. As someone with a kre8ive name I'm here to tell you it's hell.
Anonymous User
September 13, 2012
I have two. Last night, I was called into work to cover someone's shift. I get there and they brought a girl in from another department to help out. She introduced herself as Diamond. Yes, I am serious. I know there are women named Pearl and Ruby. However, Sapphire, Diamond, etc.... That is a bit much. She was a pretty girl, but I don't think pretty enough to live up to that name.

A few weeks ago, I was riding the train to work. There was an African American guy sitting across the aisle. He looked to be about atleast fifty. He was wearing one of those work shirts with the name stitched on it. His name was Stennis. Not Stan. Not Dennis. Stennis. What was his mother thinking? Lol. I kept thinking of stencils and stints.
September 17, 2012
The future of some of those cretive names like Traneilous is lookig bleak. Of couse anyone who shoot up an ambulance transporting a patient is an idiot no matter what the name.

September 18, 2012
Snark Shark
"•Samson Rex
•Mazen Duke
•Felix Belle "

waving hellolarious

they ALL sound like VIDEO GAME characters!

"My name is Nikki."

OH right, you told me before- I forgot already. d'oh!

"It is not short for anything "

WHAT were your parents thinking? :goggle I'd understand more if it was "nicolette" or a variation of that.

"and Ruby"

my great-granny had that name! and a weiner-pug at work has it!

"Stennis"

waving hellolarious

Stan + tennis!
i'll bet people think that's a misspelling ALL THE TIME.

"um, Dennis?"

"NO, STENNIS!"

" I kept thinking of stencils and stints."

I wodner if there's a kyd out there named "Spyrograph".

Haha I know right? He probably get annoyed with that all the time. That is one of the biggest reasons not to name your kid something stupid like that. Noone will ever get it/spell it right.

Spyrograph! Hah!
Anonymous User
September 18, 2012
Oh here is another one! So, I am on facebook. The vast majority of my peers from middle and high school have bred little losers. There is a girl I have known since sixth grade who is inpig for the first time. Now, she is a nice enough girl. I really don't have any beef with her. So, I am not going to post anything on facebook. Anyway, she posts a stupid photo of the sonogram and writes, "Omg she is a girl! We can't decide on Peyton Faith or Aryanna Faith."

I guess Aryanna is supposed to be a bastardized spelling of Arianna? Whatever. They both suck. I wouldn't name a little girl either one.
September 19, 2012
@jessikitty, my nerd side is really showing. Pearl, Ruby, Diamond and Sapphire are not only precious stones, they are Pokemon games. In fact, that's what I immediately thought of when I saw those names. grinning smiley

I don't understand, there are plenty of existing ACTUAL names out there from all cultures. Why this crazy need to make up names? Most of these kre8ive "names" I'd be ashamed to give to a house pet, let alone a human being. But hey, why should Moo and Duh care? They aren't the ones who have to grow up with a name no one can pronounce or have to worry about employers taking them seriously (though I imagine most of these kre8ive names come from welfare homes and the kids with said names won't ever work anyway).
September 19, 2012
Cambion
@jessikitty, my nerd side is really showing. Pearl, Ruby, Diamond and Sapphire are not only precious stones, they are Pokemon games. In fact, that's what I immediately thought of when I saw those names. grinning smiley

They are also the stage names of strippers I've had roll through the ER for OD's and limb sprains waving hellolarious

Snark Shark
" Peyton Faith or Aryanna Faith."

How about Ihaveno Faith?

Is that pronounced Ee hawv nuh? Sounds pretty! waving hellolarious

Anonymous User
September 20, 2012
@Cambion, yeah now that I think about it... Those are pokemon games. I stopped playing pokemon after pokemon green and yellow. So, I didn't immediately think of that when I was thinking of the precious gem names.

@thom_c, I was actually thinking of stage names. I knew a Sapphire and Diamond once.

@Snark Shark, I like that. Ihaveno Faith. Haha!
September 21, 2012
Apparently, there are parents out there naming their daughters Princess. I saw it somewhere on the Internets.
September 21, 2012
electricfire
Apparently, there are parents out there naming their daughters Princess. I saw it somewhere on the Internets.

I had a student with the name Princess about 3 years ago. I had to look at the attendance list twice because I thought I was seeing things.
September 23, 2012
One of my friends has a daughter, and in that daughters class was a girl with the name ''Countess'.
I shit you not...
Anonymous User
September 24, 2012
drake
One of my friends has a daughter, and in that daughters class was a girl with the name ''Countess'.
I shit you not...

Wasn't there an African American actress named that? I think she was on Moesha or one of those sitcoms when there used to be UPN.
September 25, 2012
Latrina! She's an actual person who puts her kid in pageants.
Daily! It has an inane spelling like Daylee or something similar. But Daily!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login