Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Kre8ive Names
October 16, 2012
drake
I saw this name used by a Moo on a breederific site yesterday: Rhys

Rhys?

saying 'wtf'

And she said he is 17 months old, toosmile rolling left righteyes2

It's a real name, but I expect this is typical use of an ethnic name by someone who is - at best - very distantly related to that ethnic group. If she were in Wales that wouldn't sound silly, but if she's in the US and her great-great-great grandparents came from Wales, she sounds like a twit.
October 16, 2012
OfficePlace sent me to work at another store to "help out" on Sunday. There, I met an employee named Maui.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Anonymous User
October 16, 2012
yurble
drake
I saw this name used by a Moo on a breederific site yesterday: Rhys

Rhys?

saying 'wtf'

And she said he is 17 months old, toosmile rolling left righteyes2

It's a real name, but I expect this is typical use of an ethnic name by someone who is - at best - very distantly related to that ethnic group. If she were in Wales that wouldn't sound silly, but if she's in the US and her great-great-great grandparents came from Wales, she sounds like a twit.

Well, I had a classmate in 12th grade named Rhys. He pronounced it as Reese. I don't know if that is how you are supposed to pronounce it, but whatever. He was a nice enough guy. I just always wondered why spell it like that if you don't have to? Nobody ever spelled his name right.
October 17, 2012
Here are a few I know..

Dainahlee
Kherykae
Daisonay
Jamirh (would be fine with the "h")

I know more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Anonymous User
October 17, 2012
Snark Shark
"Maui"

waving hellolarious

"Rhys. He pronounced it as Reese"

huh. I'd have guessed "Rice".

"HEY RICE!!! WHERE ARE THE BEANS??"

Yeah I read it as Rice too, but he introduced himself as Reese. So, I assumed that was how you pronounce that.

We also had a girl working in our department named Khemyse. She pronounced it like Chemise. You know rhymes with Denise. I didn't get that one either. Denise would've been better lol.
October 18, 2012
Without the "h", I meant.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
October 19, 2012
Uma Thurman has opted for Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson, "who goes by the nickname Luna".

Some other celebrity's children's names are mentioned in that article, such as Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence, Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale, Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, Harlow Winter Kate Madden and Sparrow James Midnight Madden.
October 19, 2012
so I just saw a patient's name. First and middle names: Jamaican Gary
Really? so stupid.
Anonymous User
October 19, 2012
Did anyone read the first comment from Theresa?

She wrote...A name "based on the circumstances of the child's birth", my child is officially named Severe Labor Pain Followed By Seemingly Neverending Pushing And Lots of Screaming Scott. We are just gonna call him Here for short
October 19, 2012
This thread reminds me of a very old joke I heard when I was a kid. It's an oldie but a goodie:

On a rainy day, a little Indian from a tribe goes to his chief and asks, "Chief, how do you name all the people of our tribe?"

The Chief replies,"Oh, it quite easy. When baby born, I look first thing I see moving in wilderness, and name baby just that."

"How so?" asks the Indian.

"Well," replies the Chief, "if I see coyote running in field, I name baby Running Coyote, if I see bull sit, I name baby Sitting Bull."

"Oh, I see now" says the Indian.

Then the Chief turns to the Indian and says, "Well, why do you ask, Two Dogs Fucking?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
Bliss9867
October 21, 2012
My brother-in-law's brother-in-law named his soon Ransom Paid. Creepy, right?
October 22, 2012
These are not real names! Why can't people give their kids normal names and just give them a stupid nickname?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
October 22, 2012
westanna. and she had two middle names. one of them was ford.
October 22, 2012
Gah! What is it with the weird names today? Jameel???????
Anonymous User
October 23, 2012
I think Rhys is the welsh spelling and Reece is the anglisiced one. Similar to the Polish/English Monika/Monica

As for qwerty
Qwerty Asdf?
October 23, 2012
One of my cousins named her new sproglet Aidan. Just what is the fascination people have with this name? confused smiley It's everywhere!
October 24, 2012
strange aeons
One of my cousins named her new sproglet Aidan. Just what is the fascination people have with this name? confused smiley It's everywhere!

I still think that we have a case of little slut wannebes, who grew up on a steady diet of Sex and the City. A major story arc featured Carry's boyfriend Aidan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
randomcfchick-NLI
October 29, 2012
Bliss9867
My brother-in-law's brother-in-law named his soon Ransom Paid. Creepy, right?

Heh. Makes me think that one parent wanted a kid, the other parent didn't. "Okay, FINE. Here's the kid, now shut up and never ask me for anything ever again!"
Anonymous User
November 03, 2012
I know someone that named their son "Cain" (yes, spelled just like that Cain).
November 04, 2012
randy johnson's mullet
I know someone that named their son "Cain" (yes, spelled just like that Cain).

Is his nickname Grasshopper?

I was watching tv today and saw a kid name Bearet. Not "Barrett", but "Bearet".
November 06, 2012
pepper labeija
I was watching tv today and saw a kid name Bearet. Not "Barrett", but "Bearet".

Does he piss in the front yard - opps wrong thread ...

I had a nurse named Hawaii once.

But she was pretty old. So, she was not from the generation that usually has the spayshall names.
November 06, 2012
I don't remember what show it was cuz I was surfing the channels, but there was a toadler who was named Brindin. Not Brandon, or even Brenden. But Brinden. saying 'wtf'

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Anonymous User
November 07, 2012
peace-n-quiet
I had a nurse named Hawaii once.

But she was pretty old. So, she was not from the generation that usually has the spayshall names.

Oh. Sort of like Maude's housekeeper was named Florida? Lol. I think she was also the mom on Goodtimes or one of those shows. I don't remember exactly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login