Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kre8ive Names

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Three more really great names for your enjoyment
December 04, 2012
drake
Talus was also the metallic giant monster in the "Jason and the Argonauts" movie.
What a ridiculous name.smile rolling left righteyes2

Talos, with an o, is a mythological bronze giant that Ephesos (Vulcanus for the Roman) made to protect the island of Cretas.

Talus is a stupid name u.u

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
December 04, 2012
Thanks t.

I knew it was something like that. It's been awhile since I've seen that movie.grinning smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
drake
Talus was also the metallic giant monster in the "Jason and the Argonauts" movie.
What a ridiculous name.smile rolling left righteyes2
Anyone else thinking of that beautiful TMBG song?

Incidentally, I thought of you guys the other day, when some moo was trying to get her little fucker to pay attention. Its name was Colton, and I lol'd. I was trying to tell my fiancé why Colton is such a funny goddamned name, but I'm not sure he was amused as I was. I think he was amused by my amusement, more than anything.
December 09, 2012
thom_c

That's right - the kid is named after an ankle bone.

For some reason, I'm thinking of Talus Prime.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
Snark Shark
" Colton"

HORSIE!!!!

I attended highschool with a Colton (although he went by Colt). He was one of my brothers' friends. He was an alright guy.
Anonymous User
Re: Kre8ive Names
December 10, 2012
Snark Shark
nosilla
Yesterday I saw twin sisters on a talk show. Their names were Princess and Precious.

There's also a teenage actress who stars on a Nickoledeon show whose first name is Cymphonique.

waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious

Isn't this an ointment or salve you put on bug bites or something? Like seriously. I remember using something like that.
December 10, 2012
jessikitty
Snark Shark
nosilla
Yesterday I saw twin sisters on a talk show. Their names were Princess and Precious.

There's also a teenage actress who stars on a Nickoledeon show whose first name is Cymphonique.

waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious

Isn't this an ointment or salve you put on bug bites or something? Like seriously. I remember using something like that.

I think you're thinking of Campho-Phenique. That was the first thing I thought of too. It's used to treat cold sores.
Anonymous User
December 19, 2012
New one!

Peaches.
Yep, you guessed it. Daughter of a single moo.
Anonymous User
December 20, 2012
They could strip to Def Leppard!

You got the peaches, I got the cream
Sweet to taste, saccharine
'cause I'm hot, say what, sticky sweet
From my head, my head, to my feet

Do you take sugar? one lump or two?

Take a bottle, shake it up
Break the bubble, break it up

Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
C'mon fire me up
Pour your sugar on me
Oh, I can't get enough
Pour some sugar on me
Oh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
Get it, come get it
Pour your sugar on me
Ooh
Pour some sugar on me
Yeah! Sugar me!
December 20, 2012
sexycatlady
They could strip to Def Leppard!

You got the peaches, I got the cream
Sweet to taste, saccharine
'cause I'm hot, say what, sticky sweet
From my head, my head, to my feet

Do you take sugar? one lump or two?

Take a bottle, shake it up
Break the bubble, break it up

Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
C'mon fire me up
Pour your sugar on me
Oh, I can't get enough
Pour some sugar on me
Oh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
Get it, come get it
Pour your sugar on me
Ooh
Pour some sugar on me
Yeah! Sugar me!

:bdid

Sister p0rn ! :cigar

December 29, 2012
reaperess
Snark Shark
how about odd NICKnames?

I heard someone call their (toadler, presumably) "Baby-Butt".

"Baby-Butt".

:eyebrows

I also call my parents' dog "Fluff Butt," "Fuzz Butt," or other variations on the theme, because he does, indeed, have a fluffy butt. Bichons are so cute!!!

My family once had this siamese cat that would shove her head hard into your hand whenever you petted her neck, so I called her “Hammerhead.”
January 12, 2013
I spied this lovely trio of names on the Disboards: Jaselyn, Jadalyn, and Jaxden.

OH yeah, the parents' names are Jeff and Janelle. smile rolling left righteyes2

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
indecision may or may not be my problem
January 13, 2013
Snark Shark
why the unholy FUCK does EVERYTHING have to be a LYN or a DEN with these people??

Traumatic Brain Injury... or, as I like to call it, "childbirth."

January 15, 2013
I process loans for a living at my job and you would LOL seeing some of the names of the people that come through on a daily basis.

Today I saw one that said Abrahan. Not Abraham, like you'd think it would be.

Then I know some people whose grandsprogs are named-
Bailey (girl)
Dawson (boy)

I love the 'let's make a last name into a first name, after all everyone else is doing it'. Gag. Me.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2013
What's even worse is when the last name is spelled differently...for example, on the lastest episode of Toadlers and Tiaras there was a little girl whose name was Payton but it was spelled PAETYNN.
January 23, 2013
if i meet one more kid named jaydon or madison i swear to god i'm going to set their parents on fire. hot smiley
January 23, 2013
Something I've noticed is that when nerds manage to breed, they seem to gravitate toward nerdy names. And that's not too bad if the name is an actual human name, but then you get the people naming their kids "Sephiroth" - those are some pretty big boots to fill and it sounds fucking ridiculous. Recently I saw someone online had named their loaf "Aeris." Sooo, they want their daughter to grow up and be impaled?

Then again, I always find it funny when people name their kids after people who were killed or who died from unnatural causes.

I also looked at the list of local mistakes births and saw someone named their kid something "Aerriana." Are the extra letters really necessary? "Arianna" is perfectly fine.
January 23, 2013
I heard one in my aunt's dentist office today: Clayden. smile rolling left righteyes2

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
January 25, 2013
I have named pets after fictional characters or characters from video games, but why on earth would you name your child that? Yes, I want to name my child RatohnhakeMr. T: I pitty tha foolon Connor Kenway Junior, please. And then there are the people who actually named their child Dovahkiin. Idiots. The loaf is hideous, too.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/17/parents-name-child-dovahkiin-earn-a-lifetimes-worth-of-bethesda-games/
January 27, 2013
I printed and cut birthday invitations yesterday for a suspiciously nonverbal toddler named Cannon. In the pictures I saw, I thought the kid looked a bit retarded, and sure enough, it was. He didn't talk like a three-year-old ought to - but he sure did cry and giggle a lot. Its handlers couldn't keep him the hell out of my area. The best part was, the mother was pregnant. I don't get it; you lost the tard roulette once, why reload the chamber?

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
January 27, 2013
michaela
I printed and cut birthday invitations yesterday for a suspiciously nonverbal toddler named Cannon. In the pictures I saw, I thought the kid looked a bit retarded, and sure enough, it was. He didn't talk like a three-year-old ought to - but he sure did cry and giggle a lot. Its handlers couldn't keep him the hell out of my area. The best part was, the mother was pregnant. I don't get it; you lost the tard roulette once, why reload the chamber?

Dontcha' know? They need a healthy kid to be caretaker for when caring for the damaged kid becomes too haaaaaarrdd.

The healthy kid, if it is healthy will have NO life whatsoever. NONE.

But, "parenting makes you a better person".
Anonymous User
January 29, 2013
I Loll'd @ Tard roulette!
January 30, 2013
More dumbass names from education's bounty. Some local schools have published their honor roll (not that it's hard to be on it anymore). While most of the names are normal or bearable, there are a few WTFs here and there:

Micaiah (Mick-kye-uhh?)

Kevvyn

Stacia

Joshuah

Izaic

Angeles

Jakeb

Emmalie

Cuyler

Maddyson

Michael Moore (not a kre8ive name....just funny)

Chyenne

Sareena

Not the worst I've ever seen, but why can no one be arsed to spell their kids' names properly? Adding another letter or three, hyphens, or apostrophes does not make a name creative. Names aren't supposed to be creative - they can be nice or beautiful or fitting or normal, but creativity is not something I generally associate with choosing one word to call someone by for the rest of their life.
January 30, 2013
I knew a gal (in the 90s, so she was born in the 70s) whose name was "Stacia", short for Anastacia. I thought it was a cute name for her because she was so adorably cute herself. But all those other names seem to just be spelling abominations!!!

January 30, 2013
Cambion
More dumbass names from education's bounty. Some local schools have published their honor roll (not that it's hard to be on it anymore). While most of the names are normal or bearable, there are a few WTFs here and there:

Micaiah (Mick-kye-uhh?)

Kevvyn

Stacia

Joshuah

Izaic

Angeles

Jakeb

Emmalie

Cuyler

Maddyson

Michael Moore (not a kre8ive name....just funny)

Chyenne

Sareena

Not the worst I've ever seen, but why can no one be arsed to spell their kids' names properly? Adding another letter or three, hyphens, or apostrophes does not make a name creative. Names aren't supposed to be creative - they can be nice or beautiful or fitting or normal, but creativity is not something I generally associate with choosing one word to call someone by for the rest of their life.

I think Moo or Duh must've been a Mortal Kombat fan. :eyebrows

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login