Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kre8ive Names

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Kre8ive Names
November 25, 2013
yurble
evilchildlessbitch
I also once met a dude with a loaf named London England.

No doubt without the second name people would have thought it was named after London Ontario.

Why are cities like London, Paris and Madison popular as names (yes, I'm aware the Madison was a surname before it was a city, and Paris was also a name before it was a city) but you don't encounter people named after Bangor, Bitche or Dickeyville?

The loaf had the last name England from his dad and both parents thought they were very clever.
November 25, 2013
yurble
evilchildlessbitch
I also once met a dude with a loaf named London England.

No doubt without the second name people would have thought it was named after London Ontario.

Why are cities like London, Paris and Madison popular as names (yes, I'm aware the Madison was a surname before it was a city, and Paris was also a name before it was a city) but you don't encounter people named after Bangor, Bitche or Dickeyville?

Bangor? I hardly know her!

Treasure, for a girl

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
December 10, 2013
"Cricket?" That's something I'd name a childhood teddy bear, not a human being. But if it's a celebrity's loaf, it's not like they'll ever have to worry about finding a job.

Don't know if we have any webcomic readers here, but I learned that the creator of Ctrl+Alt+Del spawned recently and gave the resulting loaf the dumbass name of "Flynn Hartland." Not the worst I've ever heard, but "Flynn" is generally something I assume is a surname. Same for "Hartland." I haven't read the comic in a while, but I hope this doesn't mean breederitis seeps into the story. It did at one point when one of the main character's girlfriends was knocked up accidentally, but then the clump promptly fell out (I think due to the girlfriend having the negative Rh thing that makes the body immediately expel any clumps that set up camp). Cue drama.

Reading the update on the site, the artist refers to the loaf as a handsome devil. Devil, I'll agree with. But there's no such thing as a handsome loaf. "Handsome" implies the person is physically attractive, good-looking, whatever you want to call it. Babies are not handsome. I think what Duh means is dickwerkz + goldenpenis = MasculineManlyHeteroFertileMAN I AM!TM
December 11, 2013
Another gem from Maury: Shalamarr

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
December 11, 2013
brown-eyed diamond
Another gem from Maury: Shalamarr

I admit, I love watching Maury blushing ...not only for the pure schadenfreude, but also for the treasure trove of really stupid names! bouncing and laughing

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Anonymous User
December 13, 2013
I have mentioned my idiot cousin who got pregnant at 17 here before. Well, she's finally sluiced and apparently she named the loaf P andora. Sure, it is at least a real name but still...

Edit: Apparently p andora is banned from use, hence the space after the p
Anonymous User
December 16, 2013
I'll have to add my moo and duh's names to the list just because I think they were kre8ive even when they were born.

Moo: Laverda Antonette _______-_____, born 1939

Duh: Coleman Harral ________, born 1940

Imagine the looks my grandpahrunts got even then. They had very straightedge conservative names, in part because of family history.
Anonymous User
December 30, 2013
A name I heard in passing the other day: Hope Tobe True.

Sounds like something that should've been a Puritan name
in the 1600s, but it's modern. That's about all I know about
it. Just sayin'...

an.iron.butterfly
Anonymous User
January 02, 2014
And on the subject of "Kre8ive Naymez" this one even made the news and there's a big
backlash! Sounds like the Alabama fans have a sense of outrage about appropriation
here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/31/krimson-tyde-baby-name-alabama_n_4523837.html

Cheers and all!

an.iron.butterflyh
January 12, 2014
Yarenis
Lilypad

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
January 12, 2014
Candida waving hellolarious

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 14, 2014
starbelly
A girl I sort of knew in college named her female loaf Branka.

Sounds like the sound you make when you puke.

Branka is a common Slavic name. At least it's not a made-up twaddle.

January 14, 2014
Here's one to chew on: Quynntarrianna Raene sarcastic clapping

Sanford Linky

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Anonymous User
January 16, 2014
Some of the stupidest names I've ever heard? I think nothing tops the list more than Charizard ( yep as in the Pokemon...probly some 14 year old moo or youngersmile rolling left righteyes2) and Abc ( pronounced "ah bee cee") ---husband told me those, he works with the public and deals with skanks at every corner. .he could be pulling my chain though. I also had a friend that named her brat " Max Payne" for their middle name can't think of the rest .
Anonymous User
January 22, 2014
From a high school friend on Facebook bragging about her new son: "Jaxn"

Like, Jackson except, like, 100% more bogan.
January 23, 2014
The Roma community in the Balkans is well-known for their you'neeque names, some of the worst ones being Rolex, Porsche, Ferrari, Titanic, Samsung...

RE Branka: It is indeed a somewhat common Slavic name, although Fernet Branca is the first thing I think of when I hear it.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
January 23, 2014
It's the first day of one of my classes, and I found out that one of my table mates is named Hallelujah... :eyebrows

January 30, 2014
Had a young moooo pick up antibiotics for her child today and its name was PAISYN. Pronounced like "I was pacin' up and down the hall."

What the actual fuckity fuck,did she hate this child, desire for it to be made fun of its whole life? You just know when she gets older, her classmates will call her (It's a girl!) Pissin'. I hope this child grows into the most horrible teenager ever and I hope she puts moo in the worst nursing home possible when the time comes. I looked it up, the name doesn't even have any meaning, it's literally just a bunch of letters mashed together.
February 16, 2014
Saw some in the paper today. Among the freshly-shat mistakes, one was named "Zendaya" and another was "Tucker Titan." Gods, "Tucker" is a shitty enough name as it is, but then you add "Titan" to it? Why give the kid a dweeby name and what I assume is the handlers' idea of a "badass" name? That's like calling a kid "Flynn Cerberus." Just doesn't work.
February 17, 2014
I recently encountered a moo in a bookstore, running after her little (2 year old?) mistake, calling, "Finnegan! Finnegan! Come to Mommy, Finnegan! Finnegan! Stop, Finnegan!"

My god, woman: If you have to give a kid an Irish name, call him "Finn" fer christ's sake.

Needless to say, the hellspawn continued to barrel through the crowded bookstore, oblivious of Mommy's commands.
February 18, 2014
Cambion
Saw some in the paper today. Among the freshly-shat mistakes, one was named "Zendaya" and another was "Tucker Titan." Gods, "Tucker" is a shitty enough name as it is, but then you add "Titan" to it? Why give the kid a dweeby name and what I assume is the handlers' idea of a "badass" name? That's like calling a kid "Flynn Cerberus." Just doesn't work.

"Cooper Charybdis"?

"Hayden Hydra"?

"Madison Minotaur"?

smile rolling left rightsmile

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

February 23, 2014
Here's one for you guys to chew on: Merical

Oddly enough, this did not originate from Maury...it was on the name tag of the young lady who took my order at Mickey D's. It seems like her parunts were stuck between Merica and Myrakyl. :eyebrows

Anonymous User
February 23, 2014
Three years ago some moo named their baybee after a few characters in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Proof: http://runa-the-seamstress.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Baby-where-I-ve-been-299043643
Thankfully moomy is getting called out for this, especially by other bronies.
February 23, 2014
lumi_ai
Three years ago some moo named their baybee after a few characters in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Proof: http://runa-the-seamstress.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Baby-where-I-ve-been-299043643
Thankfully moomy is getting called out for this, especially by other bronies.

From the same page:

Plus our other friend has a son named Optimus Prime...

A few years ago, I would have called bullshit. Having been active on a few CF boards now, I'm not even surprised.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login