Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kre8ive Names

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Kre8ive Names
May 16, 2015
I finally have a short story to tell here.

I was talking to a friend of mine last night and he goes off on a tangent:

I have a nephew named "Raiden" and he ISN'T named after the Mortal Kombat character! It pisses me off! But my mom used to call him "Raygun" by mistake and that made it okay.

I got a chuckle out of that and thought I'd share.
May 26, 2015
So yesterday, before driving for 7 hours through absolute hell in the Texas storms (with my brother and his inpig gf, which is a whole other story), I filled up with gas - and now apparently the stupid Amber alerts are playing on the screens when you are just trying to get gas! Naturally it wasn't anywhere near where I actually was, and the only reason I paid attention was because of the name....

The sprog's middle name was Meshelle, which is bad enough, although low on the ultimate fuckery scale. The first name however was... A'Million. Seriously.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
June 07, 2015
Check out, a list of the 12 craziest new baby names:

Stupid u-neek names moo's and duh's give their poor kyds
June 28, 2015
I just found a blog by a fundie momma with a whole family having these whateverleigh names. Momma Ashleigh, daughters Nataleigh and Kaileigh, son Matthew (I wonder why not Mattleigh), aaaaaand she has twins from her latest pregnancy.

"The girl of course is Kymberleigh Dayton. My husband wants to name the boy Nathan. We shall see if I cannot get him to choose Bartholomew Bonaparte. I willfully submit to his graces and whatever he wishes... but it doesn't mean I can't ask!"

(Two days later)

"Troy has agreed to let me name our son Bartholomew under the condition HE names our daughter. I was a bit taken aback by this, but I asked what he wanted to name our daughter. "Well, I like Kymberleigh, but not the way you spell it. I want it to be K-I-M-B-E-R-L-Y"
I can't do this. He can name our son Nathan. I don't have to like it."

http://zedicy542.blogspot.hu/2014_08_01_archive.html
June 29, 2015
There is a whiny, crying, wailing brat in the moovan next to me. Its name appears to be Soren. Never heard that one before.

It misbehaved and got separated from its sibling and has been wailing about the injustice of life for at least 15 minutes now. I'm stuck in a ferry waiting lot.
It's begun crying for water, which its moo won't give it, lowering my opinion of the lot of them even further. :mad2
It's pretty fucking hot here in this unshaded parking lot...

Ah.... Now boarded the ferry, we are on the shady side and they are on the sunny side. Sucks to be moo!
June 30, 2015
Soren is a legitimate name but it keeps reminding me of that snarky Fire Emblem character.

Ok this may make me seem like a really nasty, callous person, but there was a mini natural disaster recently, and when I was reading the news reports, I was mainly rolling my eyes at the Kre8ive Naymez of the victims. I'd rather not post them. hot smiley
June 30, 2015
Banned sprog names

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/family/banned-baby-names-around-the-world/ss-AAazXfe

O. M. G.
I'm watching beyond Scared Straight episode is deputy Lyle lays down the law .... some people may want to know what episode on discussing.. it's a kreative names goldmine....ahem. Lesseee so far we have, and please pardon me if they've been mentioned in the previous 30 pages.... in no particular order......

Jamiracle, sister to...
Ashanti
Koko ( maybe a diminutive of something even more fucked upbut I'm not quite sure, as it was just holllering out by one of the moos)
Bonnicia
Tequila, no, my bad, she was the mother to at least two from the above liat...
Baquria ( one of its least two names that sound like new pharmaceuticals)...

going to post now and edit when I get more I'm only 20 minutes in
July 18, 2015
the noodler
O. M. G.
I'm watching beyond Scared Straight episode is deputy Lyle lays down the law .... some people may want to know what episode on discussing.. it's a kreative names goldmine....ahem. Lesseee so far we have, and please pardon me if they've been mentioned in the previous 30 pages.... in no particular order......

Jamiracle, sister to...
Ashanti
Koko ( maybe a diminutive of something even more fucked upbut I'm not quite sure, as it was just holllering out by one of the moos)
Bonnicia
Tequila, no, my bad, she was the mother to at least two from the above liat...
Baquria ( one of its least two names that sound like new pharmaceuticals)...

going to post now and edit when I get more I'm only 20 minutes in

Love the show and watched that exact episode the other day; I hope it's real. I noticed that so many of the kids have no fathers in their lives and/or are living with a relative. They are broken, quite simply.
July 20, 2015
I found a list of the top 100 most common baby names for girls, most of them are normal, but there are quite a few ummm........ "special" ones.
http://baby-names.familyeducation.com/popular-names/girls/

99. Hadley. Maybe it's not actually a weird name, I don't know for sure, but it sounds like someone modified Haley.
95. Gianna. It doesn't sound that weird, but I have never even heard of anyone named Gianna.
93. London. No comment necessarysmile rolling left righteyes2
88. Khloe. Why do I have the feeling that a certain Kardashian is responsible for C being switched with Kh. When it comes to names, the less silent letters the better.
71. Autumn. Is a season, not a name.
69. Mackenzie.
68. Genesis. Ha ha ha. drinking coffee
65. Nevaeh. (edit: I just realized that's heaven backwards, wow. sarcastic clapping)
56. Peyton.
54. Kennedy
53. Paisley. Yup, paisley. If that's not the hippiest dippiest name I don't know what is.
48. Skylar. Of course skylar is on here, of course.
46. Sadie. Please don't name your kid anything with "Sad" in it.
45. Aaliyah. Well, this is a spechell name if I ever saw one. Starts with 2 a's and has a unnecissary h.
26. Brooklyn.
I wonder what the ones for boys are. I bet they include "skylar" and "aiden".grinning smiley
July 21, 2015
i heard one today over the fence, Odin, im guessing its from the thor movies, so i can guess roughly how old that kid is by his name, but common, Odin, in class i bet it sounds out of place, kinda sounds like a dog name to me personally, to bad they dont own a dog.
July 26, 2015
A’miricle Brown (8)

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Sacramento-County-Sheriffs-Department/109513509075288?source=wtfrt&position=9&trqid=6174331636932950162
July 31, 2015
Another one from the local list of mistakes:

Amelia, for a boy. face saying 'error'r

Not all names are unisex, and generally, ones that end in "A" are girl names. Could they not just as easily have named the kid "Emilio?" That's pretty close and actually a boy's name. If I had to put money on it, I'd say the parent/parents were fantasizing about having a daughter, said daughter made the mistake of being born with a penis and they just decided to give him the girl name they picked out anyway. At least Amelia is a real name, but not for a boy for fuck's sake. Maybe it's a name that was a male name forever ago, like Claire.

I wonder if we're just going to reach a point where all names are unisex. There was another kid born whose middle name was "Lavender", but at least the parents had the sense to make the stupid name the middle one.
August 16, 2015
Seen at a local fast food place near me (I was craving a blizzard, bad me) - a huge sign with all the employee's names printed off in huge letters on some sort of chart. I started reading them while I was waiting because it amuses me. Most were the usual weird ones I've seen, and then I got to these two:

Joymie, which was a WTF moment enough, but then there was this one
PUTT.

That poor kyd.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
August 19, 2015
My deceased friend's grandparasites all have obnoxious, kre8tive names, although they are at least, actual names. They are just of the pretentious, misspellings type, that are the leigh-or-lee-at-the-end, gratuitous y-in-place-of-i, gratuitous k-in-place-of-c, variants.
Presleigh
Phynlee
Karter

One of his daughters is named Phylesha & another is named Chaeley.

Some of the normal grandparasite names are Tanner, Payton, & Judson. Never heard Judson, despite it sounding like a surname, but at least it sounds like an actual fucking name. His oddly named daughters may be cool people for all I know, & the grandparasites seem relatively well behaved, but for the Universe's sake, they are 8 of over seven billion. They not special, cut the shit already.
September 30, 2015
Another 'yoonik' name: Gwethalyn

(Yes, I did card the person just to be sure...it was on a credit card.) O.o

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
October 08, 2015
Gwethalyn

Wt....how do you even pronounce that? Gwe-thuh-lin? It sounds like a drug. "Ask your doctor for Gwethalyn, side effects include dizziness, nausea, heart attack, stroke, and death." Cue scene with woman riding bike down a shaded sidewalk, smiling despite the illness for which she takes Gwethalyn.

With all of these names, I'm surprised no one has named their kid Ablixa.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
October 10, 2015
Two different yooneek name things: came across a girl named "Chaiden" at work.

To quote one of my bosses at work this summer: "Sorry parents. Not a name. Please try again."
October 14, 2015
Another yooneek name from work: poor kindergarten boy named "Wrhyder". A butchering of "Ryder", a trendy name for little boys these days.

It was in a friend's classroom before school, and I saw that name written on a list and said, "Oh. Parents. You did your boy NO favors by saddling him with that." Friend was across the room working on something and not looking my way, but without looking up she said, "Yeah, I know what name you just found."
October 16, 2015
Found an interesting name in a Five Generations photo in the weekly paper. The boy sprog's name was Ren! Maybe someday he'll have a sibling called Stimpyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It takes a child to raze a village.
October 29, 2015
From today's weekly paper; even rural areas get trendy names!
Cevannah
Addysen
Tellyer (boy)
Cashten
Vanden
Jaydlynn

All these younguns were a few of the winners in a fire prevention week poster contest. You don't actually get real news in a weekly newspapereye rolling smiley

It takes a child to raze a village.
November 12, 2015
Met another kid in the "Sorry, Parents. Not a name. Try again" category. The boy's name was Ashtian. Second syllable is pronounced like the ending of "Christian". Really great kid. Too bad about the non-name he was saddled with.
November 12, 2015
I see a lot of obnoxious child names in my line of work (medical supply company)-

Here are some of them- (prepare to gag)

Miangal (Pronounced My Angel)
Princess
Zealous
Riott (female)
Addison
Brentley
Brynley
Melaneigh

I'm betting that these will NOT be future CEOS and heads of state!
November 15, 2015
Dear fucking god. I just got an Amber Alert on Fakebook for this:

Twinkle Twilight.

::headdesk::

November 16, 2015
artchick62
I'm betting that these will NOT be future CEOS and heads of state!

Where there is a stripper pole, there is a way!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login