Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Kre8ive Names
June 12, 2017
Basil Rathbone
Actor
1892 - 1967
June 12, 2017
I believe the name Basil is pronounced so that it rhymes with "dazzle" not how one would pronounce the herb.
June 12, 2017
bell_flower
I believe the name Basil is pronounced so that it rhymes with "dazzle" not how one would pronounce the herb.

These people are two redneck breeders in their twenties. That would be giving them too much credit. I'm about 99% sure in their case it's pronounced like the herb because they don't know any better.
June 12, 2017

These people are two redneck breeders in their twenties. That would be giving them too much credit. I'm about 99% sure in their case it's pronounced like the herb because they don't know any better.

That's totally hilarious. So their ignorance will be completely obvious.

When I was a junior in high school, my parents moved me to flyover country. I remember having an argument with a mouth-breather about a street named Monticello. The MB was telling me it was pronounced "Monti-SELL-o." I was like, no, I lived in Virginia you dimwit....it's named after Thomas Jefferson's home and it's an Italian word, and it's pronounced like the musical instrument.

I got a defiant look and a "well, you aren't from around here and that's how WE pronounce it."

Trump voters, what can you expect?

Sounds like you need to get your degree, save your coin and get the fuck out of there. I was never so happy when I left the Midwest.
December 15, 2017
Some bizarre names from the local newspaper’s Letters to Santa:
Teyt
Trytin
Phoenix
Memphis
Mikinly
Mahlee
Rylee
Izabella
Dezaray
Ryker

God lord, I fear for the future. What kind of jobs can you get with such godawful names? Can you imagine going through life as Teyt or Dezaray?face saying 'error'
January 09, 2018
More from the newspaper. Who knew rural folks were so original? drooling stupification

Aneena
Kabian (boy)
Kiwii (girl)
January 31, 2018
A lady who I used to work with had an interesting and amazing daughter, who loved to travel and actually take advantage of the freedom afforded to a single carefree young woman in her early twenties. Well, that all went out the window when she had to be 'just like everyone else' GAG and breed her first. Name of kid made my eyes roll so hard, I saw last year.

Brix.

Seriously?

holding finger to head as if a gun
January 31, 2018
Kim Kar-Trashian named her new kid Chicago.

So her three kids' names are:

North West (girl?)
Saint West (boy)
Chicago West (girl)

She deserves a mention on this thread.
March 03, 2018
artchick62
A lady who I used to work with had an interesting and amazing daughter, who loved to travel and actually take advantage of the freedom afforded to a single carefree young woman in her early twenties. Well, that all went out the window when she had to be 'just like everyone else' GAG and breed her first. Name of kid made my eyes roll so hard, I saw last year.

Brix.

Seriously?

holding finger to head as if a gun

As my former boss would put it, "Not a name, try again."

Sounds like what you'd see printed on the outside of a box of Lego knock-offs.
March 04, 2018
One of the other Kartrashians just named her baby Stormi. Stormy (spelled correctly) is passable, Stormi is not. She might as well have named her Trashi.
March 21, 2018
Got some weird ones from this article.

Rowyn, I assume this is a bastardization of Rowan

Mynrow, I guess this is supposed to be Monroe?
April 25, 2018
I've met two young women with the name Tiara in the past month.
April 26, 2018
I met Justace today.
It was correctly printed on her nametag and is pronounced Justice.
May 16, 2018
Wysdom. Just ugh.
May 17, 2018
I recently saw someone named Candace, only instead of spelling it the traditional way (which is ghastly enough), it started with a K and had an extra y and i in it: Kayndaice.
August 17, 2018
More rural names:

Wriglie. I love the Cubs too, but jeez...
Zain
Tyann

You know a name is stupid when spellcheck keeps trying to correct it.

It takes a child to raze a village.
September 04, 2018
Cassadee.

In general I hate the trend of last names as first names, but Cassidy is actually one of the better ones. But spelling it Cassadee just screams bimbo.
September 08, 2018
Ran into this one at work this summer: Unique.

Well, at least they spelled it properly.
October 09, 2018
Saw someone named "Aizyk" among a list of high school athletes. I think it's a retarded version of "Isaac," but knowing breeders, it's probably pronounced "Brandon."
April 01, 2019
so I was reading an article about The Radium Girls which is a story of corporate greed in the 1920's.

It's a profound story but guess what one idiot commenter, who calls himself/herself 1800SuperCool, has to say?

"Radium is a pretty baby name."

hitting head against a brick wall

Why not just call your kid Dioxinia?
April 04, 2019
Just reviewing this thread. I see Ryker above. That was my neighbor's kid's name. Not here nor there, but the dad committed suicide 3 months ago.

A person I follow on social media who lives locally, his kid's name is Gunner. I blocked him.

Glad I didnt become a teacher becuz I would die laffing every damn day.

I actually have no problems w/ these unique names, but I do have a problem w/ it being trendy and everyone trying to out unique each other.

I also blocked a local social media friend who keeps talking about his daughter, Edith. Nothing really wrong w/ the name but you know he chose that to be trendy.

My friends and fam have some kinda normal names for their kids but I know they chose them becuz they like having lots of syllables in the name.
April 04, 2019
I've heard the name Gunner used before, but I always thought it would be a great name for a German short-haired pointer or something.
April 04, 2019
For sure.
April 24, 2019
Just saw these posted, pulled from a baby-naming site where people ask for advice on names:

"I love the name Chatham but my husband is iffy because he feels everyone will call him Chad. Thoughts?"
(Yeah, my thought is that those people would be doing the kid a favor.)

"Cobra or Jedi?"

"Which is best?
Kayden
Kaden
Kaiden
Kaeden"

"Best middle name for Nova?
Our first choice is Nova Celeste
Poll:
86% Nova Celeste
14% Nova Celeste"
(Yes, they apparently listed the same name as both options. And 14% of the respondents couldn't tell.)

"What name do you like best?
Kenzlee
Brynlee
Kamree
Kenleigh"

"Paisleigh or Roriee?"

"How should we spell baby Bs name
Wrenleigh
Wrenley
Wrenlie
Wrenlee
Wrenle
Wren-lee"
(How about CORRECTLY)

"What should I name my baby boy?
Christyn
Tristyn
Kiylen
Kaiden"

"Philliper or Craigory?"

If we decided to troll one of these sites, we couldn't come up with stupider names than these people already are.
April 24, 2019
I see the trend for "creative" spellings is still going strong as ever. Misspelling a name does not make it anymore unusual or special, but it is a sure way to make it dumber and trashier. I guess breeders can't be expected to understand that.

Those made up names are retarded. Gregory is a fine name and Craig is nice too, but Craigory? Just no.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login