Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kre8ive Names

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Kre8ive Names
May 01, 2019
I agree--"creative" spellings don't make names special, and having the same name as a classmate is seriously not a big deal at all and does not diminish your child's oh-so-specialness in any way. All a "creative" spelling does is doom the kid to a lifetime of having to spell their name when someone asks for it.

I know someone who got the best revenge for the "creative" spelling of her otherwise very nice first name. Her parents named her Nikkole, so that it would be "easier" to shorten to Nikki. She never wanted to be called Nikki, always went by her full name, and as soon as she was old enough she changed it to the standard spelling.
May 31, 2019
Saw this gem a few days ago: "Hevyn."

I guess spelling "heaven" backwards has lost some of it's appeal, so now people are spelling it in the right order, but spelling it wrong. Also saw a kid named "Styck Fenixx" in the paper under the birthday section. Really? Can't think of a better name than "stick"? And you can't even spell it right? And you give the kid a retarded misspelled middle name too?

I have to constantly tell people how to spell my name and I HATE IT. I don't even have a fucked up kre8ive name either - it's a common, properly spelled name and everybody butchers it. I've honestly considered changing the legal spelling of my name to the one people usually use (one letter different) just so I can stop spelling my fucking name to everyone! Now every single kid is going to have to spell their name all the time because their parents being brain-dead is just so damn cute, I guess.
August 04, 2019
I've now met little Anakin and some unfortunate but well-mannered kid called Castiel Vladimir.
August 04, 2019
Shiny
I've now met little Anakin and some unfortunate but well-mannered kid called Castiel Vladimir.

Wait for all the Khaleesi kids in a few years. Yup you were named after a closet psycho who wanted to bang her nephew

Found a business card buried in my wallet for someone with the first name "Tearany." I guess people with bullshit names can get jobs after all.
October 08, 2019
I know of somebody who named their kid Brangelina. Where have we all heard that name before? hysterical laughter
December 16, 2019
Saw a couple gems in the paper. There is a local snowflake named "Cheddyne." Is that even a word? I kept reading it as "Cheddar." How the fuck do you say it?

Also saw "Krymzyn," which is the stripperiest stripper name I've ever heard.
April 05, 2020
April 05, 2020
bell_flower
Someone please tell me this is a joke:

Couple in India names their newborn twins Covid and Corona

In some places it is a thing to name kids after whatever is going on when they are born, but I didn't think India was one of those places.
April 05, 2020
I recently had an evil thought about pandemic babies. If they were twins the parents could name them Plague and Pestilence, or Disaster and Catastrophe. devil with smile

It shouldn't surprise me somebody has really done something like that.
April 28, 2020
I had a 'creatively' spelled name. My name was Sandy but it was spelled Sandi. I would get forever annoyed that no one could spell my name right so in my teens I changed it. It wasn't changed legally, but it is on all my legal documents with my 'y' spelliing.

My sister changed her name to a creative spelling, and she kept it at that creative spelling with out regards to spelling.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 24, 2021
Ughh, I work in the medical field remotely and I just came across a chart of a newborn named Chozyn, as in "My sprog is the Chosen One!" two faces puking
February 24, 2021
cinja
Ughh, I work in the medical field remotely and I just came across a chart of a newborn named Chozyn, as in "My sprog is the Chosen One!" two faces puking

I feel for you and for that brat when it grows up a bit.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 14, 2022
Observed on Face Booger: kyds named Kipp and Axtun.
February 14, 2022
I've been seeing a lot of brats named Jager/Jaeger/Jagr in my area in the last few years.
February 15, 2022
bell_flower
Axtun

Reminds me of Borderlands. And anyone who would name their kid "Axtun" would probably hate that association.
March 21, 2022
From some kind of thing one of the local schools is doing with the newspaper, we have a bumper crop of stupid names:

Irelynne
Jazely
Meadow
Azayla
Treasure
Mehzi

And one parent must have thought they were being really funny when they named their child "Jasmine" when their last name is "Rice." At least Jasmine is a real name. It's like naming your kid "Candy" when your last name is "Barr." It's someone who laughs at their own stupid jokes. But I guess when you're a parent, shit like this is what brings you joy when your life is devoid of actual sources of pleasure.

Stay tuned, there may be more names from this list.
March 22, 2022
Oh gawd. In recent months I have met brats with the oh so spayshul names of:

Domino (yes DOMINO)
and
Banner

It's like a competition to see who can come up with the most ridiculous idea. A race to the bottom, if you will..
March 22, 2022
Cambion
And one parent must have thought they were being really funny when they named their child "Jasmine" when their last name is "Rice."

I just can't help myself! hysterical laughter hysterical laughter hysterical laughter hysterical laughter hysterical laughter
March 25, 2022
More from the local paper: Nash and Nixon.
Jeebusexploding face

It takes a child to raze a village.
August 04, 2022
Saw one in the birthday ads in the paper: a child named Kitana. Like the Mortal Kombat character.

In these particular ads, the child's siblings are listed along with their parents' names and the weird thing is the kid's other five siblings had totally normal names! Mary, Jordan, Annie, David, Oliver... and Kitana. Seemed so out of place.

Seems "Kitana" is of South African origin, so it's a real name... buuuuut people in these parts aren't quite that cultured. I have a feeling one or both parents is a fan of Mortal Kombat. I suppose it could have been worse - they could have named the kid Scorpion or Goro or Cyrax. Good characters, not great loaf names.
August 04, 2022
Cambion
I have a feeling one or both parents is a fan of Mortal Kombat.

On the sixth try, Parent 1 lost a bet to Parent 2. grinning smiley
December 14, 2022
Got a couple more from the paper today:

Renezmae and Anastaygaha.

I guess "Ruh-nez-may" for the first one, but how the Kentucky Fried fuck do you say the second one? I assume they were going for "Anastasia," but decided to exercise creativity they don't have and threw in a few extra letters. I don't even know if this is a male or female name. There isn't even a "g" in the name "Anastasia," so I have no idea WTF that mess is actually supposed to be.

I wouldn't give an animal the names most people give their kids these days.

Not really a "kre8ive" name, but I feel bad for the really young kids whose parents have hyphenated last names. Kindergarteners can barely spell simple words, how do they remember to write out a long-ass surname like "Williamson-Sinsabaugh?"
December 18, 2022
Guessing the first one was going for a youneek version of Renesmee, the baby from Twilight. That by itself tells me everything I need to know.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
December 18, 2022
LoveToLurk
Guessing the first one was going for a youneek version of Renesmee, the baby from Twilight. That by itself tells me everything I need to know.

Fucking yikes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login