Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home Depot caters to breeders with free birthday parties.

Posted by Anonymous User 
I already posted my current problem with Azkaban (aka The Home Depot) in the Patio (linky), but there is something else my particular location does that annoys the shit out of me.

So, once a month, the Home Depot does a Kids Clinic, basically we give (for free) shitlins a little wooden project to hammer together to lure in breeders to buy shit. I have always hated this for a few reasons:

a) The constant hammering causes headaches to everyone in the vicinity of the cavalcade,

b) The breeders act like they're entitled for us to give their children free shit,

c) Breeders always get cranky when they learn that *gasp* they have to sit with their child while they do the project, and

d) (What I feel is most important) HOME DEPOT IS A WORKING WAREHOUSE AND IS NOT A PLACE FOR KIDS.

But that is just the foundation of what they're doing... the latest step they've taken is to offer FREE BIRTHDAY PARTIES for the kids. HD provides the little projects and aprons FOR FREE, we set up FOR FREE and we clean up FOR FREE. All the breeder really has to do is bring a cake and tell the other breeders when to show up.

I'm sorry if this seems cold, but isn't this just ridiculous? I already said that HOME DEPOT IS A WORKING WAREHOUSE AND IS NOT A PLACE FOR KIDS, but breeders feel like their little shitlin should be able to roam free EVERYWHERE. Also, we are NOT babysitters, we're not Chuck E Cheese, and the fact that they don't even have to pay for this service is ridiculous.
Re: Home Depot caters to breeders with free birthday parties.
June 07, 2012
That shit would bug the living hell out of me too. Come on in, breeder trash! We'll give you free stuff and let you make a lot of pointless noise plus a mess and it's all free! No need to treat our employees with any dignity, let alone respect.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap.
June 07, 2012
The Home Depots in my area have kids' clinics, but I don't know if they have birthday parties. I find it hard to believe a kid would want a birthday party at Home Depot. Those places are working warehouses, not playgrounds but these days, it seems the whole world has be a brat's playground.

JD
JohnDrake
The Home Depots in my area have kids' clinics, but I don't know if they have birthday parties. I find it hard to believe a kid would want a birthday party at Home Depot. Those places are working warehouses, not playgrounds but these days, it seems the whole world has be a brat's playground.

JD

You just reminded me of something... they play a snippet over our PA system about keeping an eye on your kids, and how "skateboards, skates and skate shoes are not allowed in the store"... every time this plays, I get the mental image of clothes lining some little shit on skate shoes.
June 07, 2012
That would SO piss me off. Actually, I'm going to write to them and tell them what I think of that idea. I'm sure they won't give a crap but I'm in that kind of mood today.
Poor you sad smiley
jezebel_daisy
That would SO piss me off. Actually, I'm going to write to them and tell them what I think of that idea. I'm sure they won't give a crap but I'm in that kind of mood today.
Poor you sad smiley

I just messaged you my store's info.
June 07, 2012
Kid clinic: Sounds like somewhere you take your awtard to be diagnosed. It's just a matter of time before some little fucker gets injured doing some wood project.
I watched some news program featuring HD and its employees, and they said that Home Depot employees love their job so much, they "bleed orange." No shit. I almost fell off the friggin' couch when I heard that.
Also, the HD in my area is one of the few places which has stork parking. It infuriates me to no end, why does HD need fucking stork parking? If some inpig mooo is so incapacitated she can barely walk twenty feet on a parking lot, she does NOT need to haul her ass into HD.
I feel really bad for the employees. It sounds like a shitty place to work, kinda like Walmoo.
mumofsixbirds
Kid clinic: Sounds like somewhere you take your awtard to be diagnosed. It's just a matter of time before some little fucker gets injured doing some wood project.
I watched some news program featuring HD and its employees, and they said that Home Depot employees love their job so much, they "bleed orange." No shit. I almost fell off the friggin' couch when I heard that.
Also, the HD in my area is one of the few places which has stork parking. It infuriates me to no end, why does HD need fucking stork parking? If some inpig mooo is so incapacitated she can barely walk twenty feet on a parking lot, she does NOT need to haul her ass into HD.
I feel really bad for the employees. It sounds like a shitty place to work, kinda like Walmoo.

The thing is, some DO bleed orange. I think it's pathetic. I think they are WORSE than Walmart, because it is no secret that Walmart uses rather extreme tactics to increase its bottom line (treating their employees like crap, etc). Home Depot is WAY more underhanded about that crap. Also, NO ONE NEEDS STORK PARKING.
June 07, 2012
One word...Lowe's.
June 07, 2012
peace-n-quiet
One word...Lowe's.

When Lowe's built a new store in this neighborhood back in 2000 they chopped down several oak trees in order to do it. Most of the ones that got chopped were 150 years or older. I've never forgiven them for that.
June 07, 2012
satansbitch
peace-n-quiet
One word...Lowe's.

When Lowe's built a new store in this neighborhood back in 2000 they chopped down several oak trees in order to do it. Most of the ones that got chopped were 150 years or older. I've never forgiven them for that.
sad smiley

we can't win.
June 07, 2012
peace-n-quiet
satansbitch
peace-n-quiet
One word...Lowe's.

sad smiley

we can't win.

We can't win but we can keep reminding them we haven't forgotten. There's an environment group that likes to point out what Lowe's does wrong at every given chance. It would take me a couple of days or so to find their website. Do you want a link???
June 07, 2012
I mourn the death of small locally owned hardware stores. :bawl
mistress rotwang
I mourn the death of small locally owned hardware stores. :bawl

As do I.
Other than someone else talking about oak trees, this shit is why it's Lowe's, independent hardware or lawn and garden stores or nothing for me. Not to mention that the first time I went back after temporarily swearing off after going inside on Kydz Clinic Day and hearing a tantrum when some crotchfruit hit their thumb with a hammer, I had some gross hippie moo yell at me for walking by her while carrying insecticide inside a Home Dumpo and never went back.
June 08, 2012
mumofsixbirds
If some inpig mooo is so incapacitated she can barely walk twenty feet on a parking lot, she does NOT need to haul her ass into HD.

What the fuck does a heavily pregnant (or any level of pregnancy) woman need at the Home Depot anyway? It's not as if she'll actually build Snotley's crib from bare materials. Lord knows if she picks up a hammer, she'll ZOMG MISCARRY! Breeders prefer plastic crap that sucks for the environment just as bad as cutting down trees. Too bad they are so destructive and have no respect for fine, handcrafted, sturdy furniture that has lasted for decades. Perhaps she's picking up paint for the nursery? Not fucking likely; she'll co-sleep and low that painting requires effort and has chemicals that will make her ZOMG MISCARRY THE NEXT MESSIAH.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
michaela
mumofsixbirds
If some inpig mooo is so incapacitated she can barely walk twenty feet on a parking lot, she does NOT need to haul her ass into HD.

What the fuck does a heavily pregnant (or any level of pregnancy) woman need at the Home Depot anyway? It's not as if she'll actually build Snotley's crib from bare materials. Lord knows if she picks up a hammer, she'll ZOMG MISCARRY! Breeders prefer plastic crap that sucks for the environment just as bad as cutting down trees. Too bad they are so destructive and have no respect for fine, handcrafted, sturdy furniture that has lasted for decades. Perhaps she's picking up paint for the nursery? Not fucking likely; she'll co-sleep and low that painting requires effort and has chemicals that will make her ZOMG MISCARRY THE NEXT MESSIAH.

Now, for funzies imagine all that inpig bullshit, but put it in AN EMPLOYEE.
June 08, 2012
think_about_it
Now, for funzies imagine all that inpig bullshit, but put it in AN EMPLOYEE.

If I had to spend eight hours a day with that shit I'd kill the bitch. The more I read your posts the sorrier and more sympathetic I am to the crap you deal with.
June 08, 2012
It still bothers me that my dog is not welcome at HD. He's far better behaved than kidlets, and no tantrums. At a grocery store, i understand. But how much food is sold in Home Depot.
barren4ever
It still bothers me that my dog is not welcome at HD. He's far better behaved than kidlets, and no tantrums. At a grocery store, i understand. But how much food is sold in Home Depot.

We allow dogs in the Azkaban I work at. and Actually when people (other employees) start getting cranky about it, saying "Dogs have no place in here", I reply with "We allow kids, and they have no place in here either. Plus, it makes me happy when I get to give a dog a cookie, and I need SOMEthing to be happy about in this building."
think_about_it
JohnDrake

JD

You just reminded me of something... they play a snippet over our PA system about keeping an eye on your kids, and how "skateboards, skates and skate shoes are not allowed in the store"... every time this plays, I get the mental image of clothes lining some little shit on skate shoes.

1. I just fell in love with you.
2. More often than not, I have to force myself NOT to do this to cyclists. I have my reasons.
fade_to_pale
think_about_it
JohnDrake

JD

2. More often than not, I have to force myself NOT to do this to cyclists. I have my reasons.

I'm in the PDX area. I understand the reasons. smiling smiley
June 08, 2012
mumofsixbirds

Kids eating cake and hammering on shit in the middle of a Home Depot? That sounds totally inappropriate. And annoying. And stupid.

You know how little kids are. You can't have more than a couple of them anywhere - especially if there's food involved - without something coming out of one of them from one hole or another. Who's going to clean that up? Where are they going to wash their nasty little hands before and after they get through smearing cake and ice cream all over themselves and the chairs and the tables? Gross.

Someone that I've known since elementary school has been working for them for probably 15 years now. She worked her way up from cashier to store manager and I've heard that "bleeding orange" stuff from her on more than one occasion. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But she's making six figures as a single mawm with barely a year of education past high school, so she probably feels like she owes them all this allegiance for "giving" her those opportunies. All she's had to do in exchange was ransom her life to them.
think_about_it
fade_to_pale
think_about_it
JohnDrake

JD

Chicago area for me, it's just as bad there.
chris450slc
think_about_it
fade_to_pale
think_about_it
JohnDrake

JD

Chicago area for me, it's just as bad there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login