Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home Depot caters to breeders with free birthday parties.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Home Depot caters to breeders with free birthday parties.
June 08, 2012
satansbitch
peace-n-quiet
satansbitch
peace-n-quiet
One word...Lowe's.

When Lowe's built a new store in this neighborhood back in 2000 they chopped down several oak trees in order to do it. Most of the ones that got chopped were 150 years or older. I've never forgiven them for that.
sad smiley

we can't win.

We can't win but we can keep reminding them we haven't forgotten. There's an environment group that likes to point out what Lowe's does wrong at every given chance. It would take me a couple of days or so to find their website. Do you want a link???
Yes, I'd like a link. Thanks.
June 08, 2012
peace-n-quiet
satansbitch
peace-n-quiet
satansbitch
peace-n-quiet
One word...Lowe's.

When Lowe's built a new store in this neighborhood back in 2000 they chopped down several oak trees in order to do it. Most of the ones that got chopped were 150 years or older. I've never forgiven them for that.
sad smiley

we can't win.

We can't win but we can keep reminding them we haven't forgotten. There's an environment group that likes to point out what Lowe's does wrong at every given chance. It would take me a couple of days or so to find their website. Do you want a link???
Yes, I'd like a link. Thanks.

A quick search of "environmental group" and "Lowe's"

http://www.ewg.org/reports/poisonwoodrivals

http://www.hadleyneighbors.org/downloads/lowes01.pdf
June 09, 2012
barren4ever
It still bothers me that my dog is not welcome at HD. He's far better behaved than kidlets, and no tantrums. At a grocery store, i understand. But how much food is sold in Home Depot.

I went into an Ace Hardware store recently and saw a medium-sized dog. The store had a free quart of paint giveaway and I spoke to the dog's mom as we waited for our paints to be mixed with whatever color we wanted. Both the dog and pet parent were pleasant.

I don't know if Ace Hardware has any promotions for shriektards and their pathetic breeders. I feel sorry for anyone who works in a place and has to put up with "free" (as in paid for by the rest of us through higher prices) bullshit like that.

Barren4ever, there should be separate grocery stores--or at least separate checkout lines--for breeder trash, especially those who use EBT cards or WIC vouchers "for the children." I hate those fucking huge carts shaped like big plastic cars breeders put their nasty spawn in and use to block the aisles.

The Ace Hardware I go to gives out popcorn and dog biscuits at the entrance.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
June 09, 2012
Just another example of businesses pandering to breeders and their brood. I fail to see how a business of this type could even be considered safe for a bunch of brats to roam free range at a birthday party on the premises.confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 09, 2012
I love businesses that allow pets. Dollars to doughnuts that all of those animals are cleaner and more hygienic than the average mucus-dribbling unwashed child. And they're MUCH better company.
clematis
I love businesses that allow pets. Dollars to doughnuts that all of those animals are cleaner and more hygienic than the average mucus-dribbling unwashed child. And they're MUCH better company.

Me too!! I can't have a dog, so I love being able to pet people's friendly dogs...
June 09, 2012
OK I am presently on the edge of Chi also, Near West ~

And yes indeed the traffic here is a stone bitch!

I don't have a problem with bikers, they're usually the least of my problems.

Cows In Tanks, people driving like maniacs, this is the worst problem. Bikers usually doing OK.

The HDs here are SUCKO also. I try not to go in there.

There is a Menard's close, this is nicer. But - it is 2 storey and they have like a 'slide' type thing to send carpets and rugs down from the second floor.

I always imagine some kid trying to use that as a "play slide" ~
June 10, 2012
think_about_it
I already posted my current problem with Azkaban (aka The Home Depot) in the Patio (linky), but there is something else my particular location does that annoys the shit out of me.

So, once a month, the Home Depot does a Kids Clinic, basically we give (for free) shitlins a little wooden project to hammer together to lure in breeders to buy shit. I have always hated this for a few reasons:

a) The constant hammering causes headaches to everyone in the vicinity of the cavalcade,

b) The breeders act like they're entitled for us to give their children free shit,

c) Breeders always get cranky when they learn that *gasp* they have to sit with their child while they do the project, and

d) (What I feel is most important) HOME DEPOT IS A WORKING WAREHOUSE AND IS NOT A PLACE FOR KIDS.

But that is just the foundation of what they're doing... the latest step they've taken is to offer FREE BIRTHDAY PARTIES for the kids. HD provides the little projects and aprons FOR FREE, we set up FOR FREE and we clean up FOR FREE. All the breeder really has to do is bring a cake and tell the other breeders when to show up.

I'm sorry if this seems cold, but isn't this just ridiculous? I already said that HOME DEPOT IS A WORKING WAREHOUSE AND IS NOT A PLACE FOR KIDS, but breeders feel like their little shitlin should be able to roam free EVERYWHERE. Also, we are NOT babysitters, we're not Chuck E Cheese, and the fact that they don't even have to pay for this service is ridiculous.

in all honesty, i like the fact that kids are being given the opportunity to learn something useful instead of learning the cheat sequences on the latest Grand Theft Auto. When I was little, I liked building things with wood. it looked like crap, but I liked creating things. Later, because I had learned to do that, I did a college project for graphic design where I built a box to house two cds when I could not find one I liked for a project. I also did repairs on one of my cars and on things in the house.

But if they are going to have parties and kids' workshops, perhaps a room needs to be added for such a purpose and there should be a charge. The employees and customers should not have to be subjected to that crap.
Ugh. They had a party today, and the bitchy mother was all pissy about us asking her to show up early so she could help set up. We ended up setting up for her.

I didn't really think about the teaching them to create things angle, but having to suffer through the hours of hammering makes me not care so much... Also, it's a working warehouse....
June 11, 2012
think_about_it
Ugh. They had a party today, and the bitchy mother was all pissy about us asking her to show up early so she could help set up. We ended up setting up for her.

I didn't really think about the teaching them to create things angle, but having to suffer through the hours of hammering makes me not care so much... Also, it's a working warehouse....

You know mom and dad aren't teaching them anything useful. I say-sugar them up, give them a hammer and return them to their parents.
June 11, 2012
zatoth
You know mom and dad aren't teaching them anything useful. I say-sugar them up, give them a hammer and return them to their parents.

Would the garden centre's hummingbird nectar distributed as a kiddie drink work?
June 11, 2012
cassia
zatoth

Would the garden centre's hummingbird nectar distributed as a kiddie drink work?

perfect

this trend will stop the first time mom's favorite china and the family van is beat to pieces.
zatoth
cassia
zatoth

perfect

this trend will stop the first time mom's favorite china and the family van is beat to pieces.
Great idea.

As for beating vans to pieces, I have a friend who works in an autard group home, an autard had been off his medication due to missing it every day for 2 weeks because he was playing video games, and he suddenly erupted took his anger out on the staff, furniture and therapy dog, then went after transport vehicles with a garden hoe. The dog died, several staff needed stitches and one needed an HIV test, all of the furniture was ruined, their Mazda MPV and Ford Windstar got a total of almost $3,000 in damage, and their late 70s Dodge 15-passenger van was totaled. Needless to say, he is in a mental hospital now.
Let me know where you work so I can keep my "brats" away from you. I get that some people aren't for kids but you don't have to be dicks about it.
November 16, 2012
Nothing like a good Moo thread mine in the morning.

Breeder Amanda
Let me know where you work so I can keep my "brats" away from you. I get that some people aren't for kids but you don't have to be dicks about it.

You don't have to be an illiterate dick who goes where you don't belong.

This is a childfree rant page. Parents aren't welcome, and if you continue to stick around I'll out your name and e-mail address. Don't think it hasn't been done before. Search this site for Kimberly Coons Bachewich for details.

Now run along. Don't you have a mess to clean up or child to raise? Is trolling a childfree site really a productive use of your time?
November 16, 2012
Run along Moo... Go back to Farmville where cows like you belong. Go on now, gather up your stretched out twat and move along.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 16, 2012
Uh-oh, looks like somebody left the pasture gates open again. I'm thinking we're gonna need cattle prods what with the sudden influx of cows wandering into our space.
November 16, 2012
I didn't know about the free bratlet parties but I do have to say every single time I have been to my local home depot they have been more than helpful.

Of course, I don't act like an entitled twunt and I know what I want when I go there. If I have questions, they are more than happy to answer them. I do a lot of my own home repair work so I don't wonder around saying stupid crap like "I need that thingee that goes with that thing that has something to do with those things that swirl around and make air in the house. They also have that thingee in them that lights up. Yeah, I need a new one of those. How do I put it in?"
November 16, 2012
I wondered why this topic was back on the front page. Evidently five month old posts and moo trolls are a perfect combination. At least it's entertaining to roast a moo cunt.
November 16, 2012

Lackwit trolls are really starting to piss me off. Don't you have something better to do, Mombzie? Exercises to reduce incontinence? Stuffing your swinging, hanging midsection into Spanx so you can go to "Girlz Nite Out" and swill red wine? Picking up your kids from in-school detention? Microwaving the Wallet a Swanson frozen dinner?
November 17, 2012
If only they would keep their brats away from me if I asked. That would remove half of my reason for ranting here. (I'd still complain about breeder privilege though.)

Sadly, it's not to be: the sort of breeder who gets butthurt to the point that she feels the need to post to our board is not the type who keeps her brats under control. People who are raising their children properly don't get offended by what we say because they are confident that it doesn't apply to them and they agree with our assessment of breeders.
November 17, 2012
Obviously more and more mommies are venturing beyond Facebook and learning about a wild, wooly universe called the world wide web. And like a foreigner dropped into a hostile country, they will wander into strange places, say the wrong things, and get rolled.

So what I'm saying, cows, is go back to your barns with your livestock sisters. Chew your cud and swap breastfeeding stories and stroller tips. For your own sake, leave the internet to the professionals.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 17, 2012
satansbitch
peace-n-quiet
One word...Lowe's.

They did almost the exact same thing in my area. They had a warehouse and decided it just wasn't good enough, so built an entire brand new warehouse ACROSS THE STREET from the old one, which was on land that formerly belonged to our favorite public park. We lost open space and marshland for it.

Thing is, there was a perfectly good warehouse 2.5 miles away which would have put them out of competition distance from HD. As it is now, HD is within walking distance now of Lowe's new warehouse. It doesn't make any goddamned sense.

Lowes doesn't give two fucks about the environment and I WILL NOT SHOP at that earth-raping hellhole.

I go to my locally owned hardware store.
November 17, 2012
think_about_it
fade_to_pale
think_about_it
JohnDrake
The Home Depots in my area have kids' clinics, but I don't know if they have birthday parties. I find it hard to believe a kid would want a birthday party at Home Depot. Those places are working warehouses, not playgrounds but these days, it seems the whole world has be a brat's playground.

JD

You just reminded me of something... they play a snippet over our PA system about keeping an eye on your kids, and how "skateboards, skates and skate shoes are not allowed in the store"... every time this plays, I get the mental image of clothes lining some little shit on skate shoes.

1. I just fell in love with you.
2. More often than not, I have to force myself NOT to do this to cyclists. I have my reasons.

I'm in the PDX area. I understand the reasons. smiling smiley

Spent six years in Boulder. I COMPLETELY understand.
November 17, 2012
drake
Run along Moo... Go back to Farmville where cows like you belong. Go on now, gather up your stretched out twat and move along.

Now now she's not just that she's an e bay entre manure ah entrepreneur ...

http://myworld.ebay.com/nestle_down?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

And she's so concerned for kids she sold Marlboro Cigarettes coupons!

http://auctions.findtarget.com/detail_product/260775956814/marlboro_cigarette_coupons/

What a wonderful caring moother she is! Yup to hell with the health of other kids and mothers sell those cancer coupons!

Yup another stellar Mainline suburban hausfrau spewing from her middle class, middle weight, middle aged ivory tower signifying hypocrisy .

Click here to login