Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kid sticking salad bar tongs in his mouth at grocery store angry smiley

Posted by Ketchup 
Re: Kid sticking salad bar tongs in his mouth at grocery store angry smiley
June 10, 2012
These problems can be made to go away very quickly. Simply make breeders pay for anything they damage. Let's take the bulk food bin for an example. If moo had been made to pay for the entire thing, container and all, it would be an example to others and this crap would knock off pretty quick.
June 10, 2012
It would make more sense to have those bulk bins be serviced by an employee, like the deli. You take a number, wait your turn, and the employee with hairnet, apron, and gloves dispenses what you want into whatever type of container you choose or bring. The cost of paying an employee to do that would be offset by the elimination of shrinkage due to spills and contamination, and would foster a better sense of security (whatever that would mean) in the consumer.

Of course, this would prob'ly not be a feasible solution for salad bars and buffets.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
June 10, 2012
Ketchup
No more salad bars for me.

I haven't seen a salad bar in a grocery store in years. And how many restaurants with salad bars or those buffet places does one see anymore? There sure aren't a lot around this part of NC. I remember when there was Western Sizzlin', Bonanza, Ponderosa, Ryan's .... Those are all gone; Sagebrush is still around but no longer has a salad bar. I think Ruby Tuesday has a salad bar, but it consists almost entirely of greens. No jello, cottage cheese, or anything that would draw the varmints ... errr, kids.

Years back, when we ate at salad bar joints, I would report to a waitress or the manager that a kid had just dived in with both hands, or that it had used the tongs as an eating tool. I'd get a nod and "OK, I'll take care of it" comment, but nothing was ever done during the times I kept watch. Throwing out the food was contrary to cost effectiveness, replacing the utensil just meant another kid would likely come along and do the same thing. That's when I quit the SB and just ordered a Caesar Salad with my main course.
June 10, 2012
kidlesskim
zatoth
michaela
kidlesskim
Nasty-ass tea story

sad smiley

sad smiley

I was drinking sweet tea when I read your story. sad smiley

Whatever. My tea is always clean and delicious. smiling smiley

i saw it and thought "thank the gods i drink diet pepsi"

You'd be advised to drink it out of an individual bottle then. IF a restaurant has roaches, they will likely heavily congregate in one of their three favorite places which are 1)In, on, or around garbage or old grease 2)In the stock room or kitchen where anything tomato based has spilled out,(they LUV ketchup) and 3)In or on around soda fountains or drink machines because the little bastards not only love the soda syrup, but the warmth of the fountain in the area underneath the "Pepsi"(or other name brand removable plastic covers) between where the syrup connection is and the actual spout dispensers. RARELY does anyone ever remove those covers on any regular basis and clean under them. I can promise you if you lift up those name brand covers at most ANY eating establishment where fountain drinks are sold, you will see10 fucking generations of roach famblees and roachlets come scurrying out from underneath.

They ALSO tend to lay eggs up in the actual spouts IF they are not removed and soaked in a cleaning solution every night, which in many places they NEVER take them off and soak them. Your best bet is to allow the drink to run for 30 seconds or so to at least flush out any potential roach babies, especially if you are the first to use it,like at a gas station early in the morning when everyone else is getting coffee. Just a little PSA.drinking coffee

i never knew about the lights, but when i worked at mcdonalds and wendy's (80's), the nozzles were cleaned. diet sodas fortunately use aspartame, which i have noticed does not attract vermin (although that might also be a warning sign on how unsafe it is), although roaches will eat anything. you left out another bug hiding place-the creases on the seals of refrigerators, freezers and cooling units. food spills in them and dust and dirt collect in them and it becomes home to molds, mildews, bacteria and roaches.
June 10, 2012
stay free
SlumSlut
and publicly shame whoever is doing it.
If people had a sense of shame, they wouldn't do it in the first place.

my thoughts exactly. somewhere, propriety went out the window.
June 10, 2012
Dorisan
Ketchup
No more salad bars for me.

I haven't seen a salad bar in a grocery store in years. And how many restaurants with salad bars or those buffet places does one see anymore? There sure aren't a lot around this part of NC. I remember when there was Western Sizzlin', Bonanza, Ponderosa, Ryan's .... Those are all gone; Sagebrush is still around but no longer has a salad bar. I think Ruby Tuesday has a salad bar, but it consists almost entirely of greens. No jello, cottage cheese, or anything that would draw the varmints ... errr, kids.

Years back, when we ate at salad bar joints, I would report to a waitress or the manager that a kid had just dived in with both hands, or that it had used the tongs as an eating tool. I'd get a nod and "OK, I'll take care of it" comment, but nothing was ever done during the times I kept watch. Throwing out the food was contrary to cost effectiveness, replacing the utensil just meant another kid would likely come along and do the same thing. That's when I quit the SB and just ordered a Caesar Salad with my main course.

a frightening thing-we would eat at this chinese buffet after a writing group i was in would finish. i like that they were clean, but before sloshing around the buffet table with bleach and steel wool, perhaps it might be a pleasant move to-i dunno-cover the food or remove it...
Oh my god that TEA!!!! Imagine drinking it and feeling a dingleberry bumping in your mouth! Gaaaaaahhhhhhrrrrrrrrrgggggg! two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking
The other night at work a kyd was eating carrots from our salad bar with his nasty little hands. I added the amount he ate to her items at the register. Of course she left her things and walked out. Hasn't been back since.
the loss was worth it to eliminate that disease spreading little monster.
June 11, 2012
:hs :hs :hs :hs

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 11, 2012
raindancemaggie
The other night at work a kyd was eating carrots from our salad bar with his nasty little hands. I added the amount he ate to her items at the register. Of course she left her things and walked out. Hasn't been back since.

How were you able to determine "the amount he ate"?

I thought the food on the salad bar was sold by weight.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
June 11, 2012
SlumSlut
raindancemaggie

How were you able to determine "the amount he ate"?

I thought the food on the salad bar was sold by weight.

When in doubt, charge a pound.
June 11, 2012
No wonder I have a severe phobia of germs. I do not do buffet or salad bars. Why should I risk spending several days puking and shitting because of a walking petri dish. Thoroughly cooked vegetables are the only produce to get in my pie hole. My mother calls me crazy and is probably right. I wash berries with water than vodka to be sure nothing survives on it. Perhaps, if people were not so gross, gastro-intestinal outbreaks would not occur so often.
Rant over.
June 12, 2012
This all reminds me of something that happened at my work several years ago during the swine flu hysteria. I work at a good-size hospital, and we had our share of problems with the flu. Many employees were asking why the cafeteria didn't close down the salad bar, since it is a definite disease vector.

The hospital's response was something like this: "We have decided to keep the salad bar open because it is one of the most popular options amongst our customers." In other words, the money brought in by the salad bar (and salad bars are quite profitable) was more important than the threat to public safety....and that of people who already have health problems!

Disgusting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
June 12, 2012
CrabCake
This all reminds me of something that happened at my work several years ago during the swine flu hysteria. I work at a good-size hospital, and we had our share of problems with the flu. Many employees were asking why the cafeteria didn't close down the salad bar, since it is a definite disease vector.

The hospital's response was something like this: "We have decided to keep the salad bar open because it is one of the most popular options amongst our customers." In other words, the money brought in by the salad bar (and salad bars are quite profitable) was more important than the threat to public safety....and that of people who already have health problems!

Disgusting.

That is no doubt the absolute truth! thumbs upwink

I've told my E-Coli story before, but this is a good place to repeat it for newcomers since my last telling of it. Being a rather lazy dieter and busy at work 60 plus hours a week at the time, for two solid months I ONLY ate fruit and vegetables from a salad bar at my local Publix grocery store, so I am certain this is how I got infected with the deadly E-Coli strain. It started out like symptoms of perhaps a flu or maybe a stomach virus and inside of 24 hours after the onset of symptoms I was diagnosed and hospitalized. I spent over a week in the hospital and another 2-3 weeks on out patient treatment including antibiotics and follow up with tests for any permanent damage to a kidney, which is the site it decided to attack with a vengeance.

I am VERY leery of any public buffet of any type since then, although E-Coli can just as easily be spread via other food sources too IF it isn't washed, cooked, or stored properly. I make a mental note EVERY SINGLE TIME I eat anything I remotely suspect could be contaminated and pay attention to the 12-36 hour time frame it generally takes a food borne illness to manifest symptoms. At least that way, I can seek immediate medical treatment rather than chalking it up to a simple stomach upset or whatever less serious ailment and allowing it to become a full blown infection like I did the first time.

Salad bars and buffets are a public health hazard, IMHO, and although I still occasionally go to them, I am cautious about hot food being hot enough and cold food being the right temperature, although it's STILL a potential danger and I avoid them. EVEN IF the food is handled properly, some snot nosed brat with diaper juice on his hands can EASILY spread it to a buffet or salad bar as can his filthy germ infested Moo.two faces puking

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Ive said the same thing for years! I will not eat in a buffet setting for these reasons. I was in a deli in NY some years back. There was a plate of pasteries on the counter. This little brat made a point of coughing on them while standing in with his duh. He obviously hat a bad cold, and he was getting off doing this. Of course all the people in line didn't say anything. Of course I made a comment out loud: :whose more of a retard the kid or the old man" That just got blank stares.
And another thing that makes my blood boil, is moos who change their brats shitty diaper in a restaurant. and also in parking lots when a person has to be careful of disposable diapers that were discarded.
July 06, 2014
This thread is making me retch again. It's bad enough that most places have barely-competent illegal immigrants cooking, but that's nothing compared to letting the general public access the serving utensils and food. There's an olive bar at the grocery store that's right next to the deli counter, and I can't imagine how many bored brats have mashed their filthy fingers in the olive trays.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
July 06, 2014
I worked at my friend's restaurant years ago. It was a little mom & pop place in a plaza by the beach. There were public toilets across the street from the plaza. I wasn't the waitress on duty this day (thankfully), but some family who weren't even customers tried to change their baby's shitty diaper on the outside patio tables. Apparently they walked up to the table and laid the baby right on a table and started changing him. The waitress told them they were disgusting and to GTFO and rightfully so. Then the boss/owner came out and told them off for good measure. She was a cool lady to work for, she didn't put up with any bullshit behavior.

My boss/friemd had a very strict "No using our toilets unless you're a customer" policy. We would throw non-customers out who attempted to use them. She told me some horror stories as to why she held such a firm stance. She said never to make an exception for anybody, especially parunts with small children because those are the ones who end up smearing shit all over the walls and toilets. And guess who has to clean those bathrooms? Yup, the waitstaff does. She said she found it was always non-customers who left disgusting messes. The thought of scrubbing shit smears off tiles was enough for me to never break the rule. Besides, the public toilets were right across the street and signs were well posted. They were right next to the police station, you couldn't miss them. People were just too damn lazy to walk across the street. While I did have the usual kyd messes to clean off the tables and chairs, it was never anything too horrific, thank goodness.

A couple of years ago my husband and I ate outside on the patio of this famblee-style restaurant. Yup, duh whipped his baby out and changed her diaper right on the chair on the table to the left of us. Thankfully it wasn't a shitty one but it was disgusting enough to put me off my food. The staff saw and did nothing, which I thought was apalling.

Who the fucking fuck thinks it's ok to change a baby's diaper on a table in a restaurant? When the fuck did this trend start?
Last week I was on a train where a clearly hungover man was trying to have a little sleep. A brat asked "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING?" and when he replied "I'm tired" in a tone that implied "piss off", said brat started screaming "WHY ARE YOU TIRED?" repeatedly. Brat then got impatient over queuing for the toilet and started banging on the toilet door and screaming "WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THERE?". Eventually the little shit got his turn to go in and on the way back from the toilet he WIPED HIS HANDS ON MY BAG. I shuddered in horror as I told him "don't do that!" and the moo, who until then had done nothing but wring her hands and look helpless, FINALLY looked embarrassed an ashamed and said "sorry" to me before dragging him away. Urgghhh... fortunately my bag is made of material that can be easily wiped down.
July 08, 2014
This stuff brings out the psycho bitch in me. When a food poisoning outbreak happens, it is always the employees that are suspected of spreading hepatitis and such. Other times the source is the farm, where they "wash" produce with dirty water. I would bet $100 that most outbreaks could be linked to sticky pawed brats. Speaking of diapers, my friend who is still working the unfriendly skies, posted yesterday. On her flight, moo brought a plastic potty, so the fruit of her loins could do his business in the comfort of his plane seat.:BS two faces puking She got a tongue lashing from the crew.My friend is a PNB.
July 08, 2014
When I was shopping today I thought of this thread when I saw a grubby little brat opening all of the bins of bagels at the grocery store and mangling them. Needless to say I didn't get any. angry smiley
GROSS.
July 08, 2014
jezebel_daisy
When I was shopping today I thought of this thread when I saw a grubby little brat opening all of the bins of bagels at the grocery store and mangling them. Needless to say I didn't get any. angry smiley
GROSS.

Ugh. That reminds me of the time I was shopping, and I saw a she-brat cough all over the bread. Leaning right into it, too, with that disgusting, wet hack. She was old enough to know better. Her breeder parunts saw it, but never said anything. No wonder so many people come down with mysterious illnesses nowadays!
July 09, 2014
Ketchup
At Whole Foods this morning I saw a kid of about 4 or 5 using crouton tongs at the salad bar to pick up croutons and put them in his mouth.

At least the kid knew enough to eat using utensils. ;-P That's more than you can say for a lot of college kids these days.
July 09, 2014
Ketchup
At Whole Foods this morning I saw a kid of about 4 or 5 using crouton tongs at the salad bar to pick up croutons and put them in his mouth. .

This is exactly why I will never get anything from a salad bar. I'll never forget seeing a moo and her brat sticking their hands in the bulk food containers at Whole Foods and stuffing their mouths. Gross!!!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
July 09, 2014
Reading what happened to Kim, I lost my appetite to go to China Buffet. I've been so hungry lately despite plenty of food in the house. I normally go to buffets if my hunger is so deep and unsatisfiable.

I remember one time when I was at China Buffet, there was this girl how put chopsticks up her nose and acted like a walrus. I remember that the girl asked the waitress for the chopsticks. WTF ever happened to don't talk to strangers. Her breeders didn't do a goddamned thing. My mom would heavily chastise me for doing that. She would say you will make your nose bleed and have to go to the hospital, or we don't put chopsticks up our nose; they are for eating with. I would have felt so ashamed and embarrassed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login