Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Essure vs. Tubal Ligation

Posted by michaela 
Essure vs. Tubal Ligation
July 18, 2012
I'm doing some research right now to figure out if Essure or a tubal ligation is a better option for me. I'm looking at recovery time, cost, the actual procedures, failure rate, complications, what's better for my age, physique, and activity level, and so forth.

So far:
  • I should be able to obtain either one legally because I am 18 and I consent. I know what I do and don't want out of life.
  • I have heard of the difference between the two as being akin to the difference between simply blocking a bridge (Essure) or detonating it (tubal.)
  • From Essure's site: Effectiveness

Tubal
    98.45% at 1 year
    98.69% at 5 years
    98.15% at 10 years

Essure
    99.95% at 1 year
    99.8% at 4 years
  • Approximate cost: Essure @ ~$1500, TL @ ~$2500-3000 out of pocket. My university insurance does not cover jack shit unless you are an athlete or a preggo bitch. I guess Texas Women's Health Program is still active, but severely crippled.
  • I came across a women's health forum full of complaints about slippage, expulsion, traveling implants, perforation, etc. with Essure. Ninety percent of them had kids. I know that the uterus changes drastically after pregnancy, possibly like a deflated balloon. All bodies are different, blah blah blah, but could that affect how well they can retain the implants?
  • I am a little bitch when it comes to pain. Sure, the temporary pain of Essure (if it goes as planned) is preferable to 20 years of having a kid, but I could get knocked the fuck out instead and go with the tubal.
  • I would need more recovery time with the tubal.
  • Either procedure should allow me to get ablated within a reasonable amount of time. I may sound a little narcissistic, but I don't think I need periods since I'm not having children. It's messy and expensive. I think that dropping a few hundred to a few thousand ONCE compared to dropping several grand on supplies seems like a deal.
  • Tubals have been around a lot longer and more doctors are trained to administer them. Essure is still relatively new.
  • I am overweight, but not severely. I am not technically/medically obese. The fatter one is, the riskier surgery can be. This may be less of a problem with Essure.
  • I am severely allergic to ibuprofen/aspirin. Forgive my ignorance, but I have no clue what is in anesthesia. (I've been to the doc thrice since my birth, excluding any checkups that I can't remember: once for said allergic reaction, another for the time I had scarlet fever, a third time for them to diagnose me with plantar fasciitis.)
  • I already know what risks I face as far as being rejected for my age and non-childed-ness.
    EDITS v v v
  • I don't plan on having ALL THE SEX, I just want my uterus to be as inhospitable as possible.
  • I do not want to consider hormonal birth control. See the fat thing 4 bullets up - last thing I need is more fat.

Can anyone who has done more research than I have offer anything? Perhaps any factors I have not yet considered? Women who have been sterilized, did you weigh your options similarly?

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Anonymous User
Re: Essure vs. Tubal Ligation
July 18, 2012
I think you could benefit from seeing what the state-run insurance can do for you... Though they may only cover TL's.

I personally would go with Essure. While there are risks, like any procedure, in my head it seems more "secure" than a TL... That may be because I've read too many horror stories about TL's failing. Also, depending on your age (if you are say, 30 or below) a doctor would probably be more likely to do Essure, based on what I've read.

The risk of the tubes growing back together after a TL scares me half to death, that is one reason in and of itself why I wouldn't get one (though it is not common for that to happen). I've actually looked into having my fallopian tubes removed completely (bilateral salpingectomy), which gurantees permanent sterility (not counting IVF and other myracul omlette making). Removing the tubes completely can be done laproscopically.
July 18, 2012
My wife had Essure done back in October for our 25th wedding anniversary. if you'd like, I can ask her to contact you via email. PM me if you'd like and I can set that up.

Based on her experience, I would recommend finding a woman OB-GYN and one with a long track record of success. That's for Essure, but it sounds reasonable for the TL too. An OB-GYN can perform the Essure procedure. Not sure about the TL. That may take a surgeon.

We live in Denton and DW found an absolutely wonderful OB-GYN who performed the procedure. No bingos. Her name is Dr. Finger ... and I am not making that up! If you live anywhere near DFW, you may want to give her a call and ask her opinion.
July 18, 2012
First and foremost you need to find a doctor willing to do it if you 1)Are under 40, and 2)Haven't shat the required two loaves. If I remember correctly, aren't you in a southern state? I tried from the age of 22 until my early 40's to find a doctor in Alabama to do a tubal on me and they absolutely WOULD NOT. The first reason was that I was under 35 and hadn't shat two loaves and then after I became 35, they raised it to 40 because I might, "change my mind". After I turned 40 the excuse was, "So many women are changing their minds now in their 40's and getting IVF". Good luck to you, but no one would do one for me as recently as 2006 EVEN WITH associated medical problems that would have had me on my back and a "high risk" inpigness.:smn

Keep us updated because I am curious if they've backed off on that bullshit by now. :headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 18, 2012
I have Essure, am 24, and it was free because my state insurance covered it. I went to three docs before I found one to do it. The two males wouldn't, but the woman did. She was older and practicing for almost three decades. I had a local anasthesia in my cervix. Recovery was maybe two days (the day of and the day after), like with my IUD, then right back to work I went. Cramping was minor, spotted for a week but no heavy bleeding. Have had it almost a year with no issues.
July 18, 2012
I spoke to my husband's doctor back in March of this year and we covered this topic. I'm sorry to say that the southern states have not let go of that idea. The doctor told me that my biggest hurdle would be finding a doctor that would first, be willing to do the procedure and second, would take Tricare insurance. This world would be very surprised how much of womens' health care is decided by a doctor's personal beliefs. The rule about being over 35 or two loaves has never been any kind of law and it's not a hard and fast rule among doctors. The one I spoke with doesn't remember where it started but that it's more of an old wives tale than anything else.

She also told me I would have better luck as well as better health care in a blue state than in the redneck piece of hell that is Texas.

I might sound negative when I say this but I am being honest. At the age of eighteen it will be hard to find any doctor who will take your phone calls let alone discuss procedures and take you seriously. I wish you the best of luck.
July 18, 2012
I am in the South, but I'm in Austin, which is fairly "progressive." (Liberal, anyway.) I do keep reading that one must be 25 years of age AND/or (probably and) shat out three kidlets, but despite popular belief that "rule" is not set in stone; it is a popular guideline.

I am looking at studying abroad in the next 2-3 years. Specifically, I'm looking to go to Edinburgh, Scotland. I have no clue how breederific Scotland is. I didn't recall seeing brats misbehaving near their owners when I visited back in '09.

EDIT

I don't figure that I will be successful before age twenty-five for sure. I am still a kid in most folks' eyes. I figured I'd begin the research now so that I am prepared when I do get someone to listen.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
July 18, 2012
If you can find a doc to do Essure, run to get it done. I had my Essure procedure done last September, with confirmation of 100% blockage in January, and have felt immense freedom ever since. I was concerned about the discomfort but my doc suggested undergoing general anesthesia since I have never been pregnant and I might experience more pain than women who have given birth (clearly since I'm not stretched out beyond belief). There was pain as I was waking up but nothing more than a period with bad cramps.
July 18, 2012
michaela
I am in the South, but I'm in Austin, which is fairly "progressive." (Liberal, anyway.) I do keep reading that one must be 25 years of age AND/or (probably and) shat out three kidlets, but despite popular belief that "rule" is not set in stone; it is a popular guideline.

I am looking at studying abroad in the next 2-3 years. Specifically, I'm looking to go to Edinburgh, Scotland. I have no clue how breederific Scotland is. I didn't recall seeing brats misbehaving near their owners when I visited back in '09.

EDIT

I don't figure that I will be successful before age twenty-five for sure. I am still a kid in most folks' eyes. I figured I'd begin the research now so that I am prepared when I do get someone to listen.

I even tried lying about having loaves and they figured THAT out during the pelvic exam, which I was unaware they could tell at the time. THAT was embarrassing and I had to back pedal fast and say, "Oh, I thought it meant how many times you had been inpig!" and then claimed miscarriages. Another time I looked into using a relative's address in a state that would do an elective tubal ligation without the 2 kid rule, but it turned out to be a LOT more involved than I had ever imagined. There's several visits and the business about my health insurance not covering it because the doctor wasn't local to my area AND he was,"out of network", among some other inconvenient and costly setbacks, so that ruled that idea out. :headbrick

Then I pulled out the, "If I get inpig it could kill me" card, and that didn't work either EVEN WITH a doctor's excuse from my neurologist AND at the age of 42. Their responses to that included, "You could get "at risk" care", "Your condition could change and THEN you could change your mind", "I am in the business of bringing babies into the world, NOT preventing them", and, "How does your husband feel about this?", followed by advice about how we NEED, "one of our own" and it being in God's hands and whatnot. Doctors down there won't even do a scheduled tubal on a Moo who has shat the two loaves UNLESS she's still on the table from sluicing.eye rolling smiley

Doctors in Alabama are terrified they might get the reputation of an "abortion" doctor because many of the religious fundies in that area consider sterilization a form of abortion because it keeps babies who WOULD have been born from being born. I realize how fantastic a claim this seems to be, but it's the God's honest truth. I contacted EVERY FUCKING DOCTOR in the state of Alabama and NONE would do it, period. The main excuses cited from the out of area doctors' offices was I had to already be a regular patient for them to perform a tubal and/or the 2 kid rule, but the REAL reason is it's against their religious beliefs, which a few had the balls to admit.:headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
July 18, 2012
I'm 24 and had a tubal this year. In Georgia.

But I'm a housewife and didn't have to worry about recovery time.

I only have a tiny scar INSIDE my bellybutton. I'm also chubby and it didn't effect anything.
I don't know if it effected how easily I got mine but I did it through the military here. Also I'm from Alabama....KK is right. They are ass backwards there. It's not much better in GA though.
July 18, 2012
Keep calling and asking around. There is no legal reason they can not do either procedure. Call, call, call. You never know. You might find a childfree gyno!

It's your hell; you rot in it!
July 18, 2012
I live in Austin too! Hi! :1wv

Anywho.......I was knocked out for my Essure procedure, but that adds A TON to the cost. I looked up childfree friendly dr's in Austin and Dr. April Harris came up. I have never seen her, so I don't know how she is. Here is the group she's with. http://www.gynics.com/company/services

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Anonymous User
July 18, 2012
kidlesskim
Doctors in Alabama are terrified they might get the reputation of an "abortion" doctor because many of the religious fundies in that area consider sterilization a form of abortion because it keeps babies who WOULD have been born from being born. I realize how fantastic a claim this seems to be, but it's the God's honest truth. I contacted EVERY FUCKING DOCTOR in the state of Alabama and NONE would do it, period. The main excuses cited from the out of area doctors' offices was I had to already be a regular patient for them to perform a tubal and/or the 2 kid rule, but the REAL reason is it's against their religious beliefs, which a few had the balls to admit.:headbrick

quills
Also I'm from Alabama....KK is right. They are ass backwards there.

(Thread Drift)
What is up with that part of the country anyway? I've been reading about Alabama's neighboring state of Mississippi and how it only has ONE abortion clinic in the whole state!:hs Not only that, but they're threatening to shut down this ONE clinic thus making it impossible to get a legal abortion in Mississippi. If outlawing abortion were to ever happen in the US, I'm positive that area of the country would be the first to do it:bayybee
(End Thread Drift)

I haven't done as much research as you, Michaela, but I originally thought I'd like to have Essure but now lean towards a tubal ligation. *If I recall correctly* 1) Tubal ligation requires a general anesthetic (I don't like to be awake for these types of procedures:redface) 2) I don't like the idea of sticking foreign objects into my body unless it's a life-threatening condition and 3) Essure requires a 3 month wait then a confirmation test which I've heard can be rather uncomfortable for someone that's never given birth. Whichever procedure you end up choosing, I wish you the best of luck.smiling smiley
July 18, 2012
rainbow
(Thread Drift)
What is up with that part of the country anyway? I've been reading about Alabama's neighboring state of Mississippi and how it only has ONE abortion clinic in the whole state!:hs Not only that, but they're threatening to shut down this ONE clinic thus making it impossible to get a legal abortion in Mississippi. If outlawing abortion were to ever happen in the US, I'm positive that area of the country would be the first to do it:bayybee
(End Thread Drift)

I haven't done as much research as you, Michaela, but I originally thought I'd like to have Essure but now lean towards a tubal ligation. *If I recall correctly* 1) Tubal ligation requires a general anesthetic (I don't like to be awake for these types of procedures:redface) 2) I don't like the idea of sticking foreign objects into my body unless it's a life-threatening condition and 3) Essure requires a 3 month wait then a confirmation test which I've heard can be rather uncomfortable for someone that's never given birth. Whichever procedure you end up choosing, I wish you the best of luck.smiling smiley

In case you're wanting an answer the southern US is backwards. The south THINKS it's keeping a hold on "family values" or some such crap. Southern states, including, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Texas, I think I've covered all of them, pride themselves on being "good Christians" and having "honesty." ALL the south is doing is being backwards and ignorant. If the southern states had their way women would never do anything more stand in a kitchen being barefoot and pregnant. For some reason these states are proud of thier ignorance.
July 19, 2012
satansbitch

In case you're wanting an answer the southern US is backwards. The south THINKS it's keeping a hold on "family values" or some such crap. Southern states, including, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Texas, I think I've covered all of them, pride themselves on being "good Christians" and having "honesty." ALL the south is doing is being backwards and ignorant. If the southern states had their way women would never do anything more stand in a kitchen being barefoot and pregnant. For some reason these states are proud of thier ignorance.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Remember that most of those states are also known for being part of the "Bible Belt".

And it's full of hateful fucktarded hypocrites. I grew up in the most southern part of Alabama. Bayou La Batre. Lived there until we moved to Mobile, AL when I was 13/14. Got married...moved to Florida...Florida wasn't as bad....then the husband joined the army and we ended up in Georgia. Maybe Alabama didn't seem as bad because I was USED to the people there and people were already used to me (plus my grandmother is like the matriarch of the whole bayou....no one would dare mess with me there).....or maybe Georgia really is worse. Maybe it's the area of Georgia we're in. Or the fact we live on an army base with a horde of dependapotamus and no actual friends in the 3+ years we have been here(at least none for me...). Pretty sure it's just that Georgia sucks extra specially.

As for Mississippi.....you can HEAR banjos when you cross the state line into it..... I think if I were male my butthole would pucker in fear if I had to drive through there again.
July 19, 2012
satansbitch
rainbow
(Thread Drift)
(End Thread Drift)

You forgot Florida! Big chunks of it are still the most redneck parts of the South. I grew up there. Some of my cousins wear white pillow cases on their heads.
July 19, 2012
michaela
I'm doing some research right now to figure out if Essure or a tubal ligation is a better option for me. I'm looking at recovery time, cost, the actual procedures, failure rate, complications, what's better for my age, physique, and activity level, and so forth.

So far:
  • I should be able to obtain either one legally because I am 18 and I consent. I know what I do and don't want out of life.
  • I have heard of the difference between the two as being akin to the difference between simply blocking a bridge (Essure) or detonating it (tubal.)
  • From Essure's site: Effectiveness

Tubal
    98.45% at 1 year
    98.69% at 5 years
    98.15% at 10 years

Essure
    99.95% at 1 year
    99.8% at 4 years
  • Approximate cost: Essure @ ~$1500, TL @ ~$2500-3000 out of pocket. My university insurance does not cover jack shit unless you are an athlete or a preggo bitch. I guess Texas Women's Health Program is still active, but severely crippled.
  • I came across a women's health forum full of complaints about slippage, expulsion, traveling implants, perforation, etc. with Essure. Ninety percent of them had kids. I know that the uterus changes drastically after pregnancy, possibly like a deflated balloon. All bodies are different, blah blah blah, but could that affect how well they can retain the implants?
  • I am a little bitch when it comes to pain. Sure, the temporary pain of Essure (if it goes as planned) is preferable to 20 years of having a kid, but I could get knocked the fuck out instead and go with the tubal.
  • I would need more recovery time with the tubal.
  • Either procedure should allow me to get ablated within a reasonable amount of time. I may sound a little narcissistic, but I don't think I need periods since I'm not having children. It's messy and expensive. I think that dropping a few hundred to a few thousand ONCE compared to dropping several grand on supplies seems like a deal.
  • Tubals have been around a lot longer and more doctors are trained to administer them. Essure is still relatively new.
  • I am overweight, but not severely. I am not technically/medically obese. The fatter one is, the riskier surgery can be. This may be less of a problem with Essure.
  • I am severely allergic to ibuprofen/aspirin. Forgive my ignorance, but I have no clue what is in anesthesia. (I've been to the doc thrice since my birth, excluding any checkups that I can't remember: once for said allergic reaction, another for the time I had scarlet fever, a third time for them to diagnose me with plantar fasciitis.)
  • I already know what risks I face as far as being rejected for my age and non-childed-ness.
    EDITS v v v
  • I don't plan on having ALL THE SEX, I just want my uterus to be as inhospitable as possible.
  • I do not want to consider hormonal birth control. See the fat thing 4 bullets up - last thing I need is more fat.

Can anyone who has done more research than I have offer anything? Perhaps any factors I have not yet considered? Women who have been sterilized, did you weigh your options similarly?

A while back ago, you and I PM each other about the Woman's Health Program and about Essure. I was *suppose* to have the Essure procedure done myself but due to all the issues with Perry rejecting federal funds cause he is against any of them going to PP, the program is suffering. I was notified the day I was suppose to go to the hospital for my pre-op appointment, that WHS would NOT. cover being put under or the hospital fee. My doctor told me we would give it a month or so and see if anything with the funding had changed. A few days before I was due to come back to his office for my next depo shot, his receptionist calls me and informs me he is dropping his WHS patients due to the issues with funding. Thankfully, PP is still taking WHS (for now anyways) so I was able to get my next depo shot. Like you, I am very sensitive to pain especially when it comes to do with my uterus. Before trying for the Essure, I tried for Paraguard and that was too painful that they had to stop.

The NSAID in asprin and ibprofin is probably what you are allergic. It is found in probably 98% of all OTC pain relievers. Look for something that does not contain NSAID and see if you have the same reaction. If it is infact NSAID that you are allergic to, tell the doctor so that he knows what not to give you.

Essure and TL both have their pros and cons, so I would go with whichever would be the most affordable and easiest to obtain. I personally hate being on depo cause of all the hormones not to mention the daily spotting but it sure as hell beats dealing with a needy little shit sack day in and day out.

If anyone has a better suggestion than depo (or being fixed since financially that is currently out of the question for me) please tell me. I am sick of bleeding every damn day.
July 19, 2012
There are parts of Alabama where mom and pop stores STILL won't let black people use their restrooms and will tell them it's,"out of order". They ALSO openly discriminate against "mixed" couples, as well as black people in general, in hotel accommodations, restaurants, and just about anywhere else and they don't even attempt to hide their contempt.

Story:

Back in 1997 when I was a catering manager for a restaurant in Montgomery, AL, where I might add is at LEAST more progressive towards no racial discrimination than it's neighboring small town counterparts, I landed a big job to do a catering for Georgia Pacific for all three shifts at one of their plants and it was a good 100 miles from our location. It was $12 a head gig with 4-6 hundred employees attending each catering, so that and the time constraint of traveling back and forth and being on time warranted a hotel stay in that area for me and my helpers. I am white and the five male employees I chose to accompany me were all black. Sadly, they were all younger guys, except one who was in his 50's(another manager) and had never experienced discrimination based on their race, at least not to THAT extent they were about to endure.

I was VERY naive' and had NO IDEA what we were about to experience even though the older black co-manager had warned me. When I told him he was being paranoid, he chuckled kind of tongue in cheek with that, "I KNOW what I am talking about!" look and said, "You'll find out!". I absolutely should have listened to him and made other arrangements so those guys wouldn't have had to deal with that shit, but like I said I was TRULY naive' about it. The problems began when we made our first stop at a country gas station. While I pumped the gas I had one of the guys go in and pay and he asked the old man for the restroom key and was told it was, "out of order". I figured it was a coinky-dink as "Michael", the older black man, just sat there laughing at my naivety. So, I went in and asked for the key and got it, no problem, but that's only because he hadn't realized I was WITH the black men, yet.

Once he realized that though, he behaved very rudely and wouldn't even touch my hand when he gave me my change, instead just laying it on the counter, and didn't speak to me again either. He and his employee standing back there behind the counter with him just gave me dirty looks and the pure hatred they exuded was thick and frightening. When I got back to the truck, Michael said, "I told you so! KIM, you have NO IDEA what it's going to be like down here!" and he was correct. Getting a hotel room turned out to be difficult too because they'd turn on the "no vacancy" sign the minute any of the black men exited the truck. This happened twice before we wised up and pulled around to the back where they couldn't see us and I had to go in alone and book and pay for the rooms.

It happened at a country restaurant too with their saying when we came in to be seated, "This is TO GO, right?". The whole damned trip was like that at the hotel, restaurants, and the convenience stores and gas stations. SO, I am not the least bit surprised a woman would have difficulty getting birth control or anything related to it because many in those areas are backward in every way imaginable from racial discrimination to open misogyny UNLESS you are, "one of their own" in which case you wouldn't openly seek a tubal ligation anyway. .the world 'fail' on flames

Anonymous User
July 19, 2012
kidlesskim

Then I pulled out the, "If I get inpig it could kill me" card, and that didn't work either EVEN WITH a doctor's excuse from my neurologist AND at the age of 42. Their responses to that included, "You could get "at risk" care", "Your condition could change and THEN you could change your mind", "I am in the business of bringing babies into the world, NOT preventing them", and, "How does your husband feel about this?", followed by advice about how we NEED, "one of our own" and it being in God's hands and whatnot. Doctors down there won't even do a scheduled tubal on a Moo who has shat the two loaves UNLESS she's still on the table from sluicing.

Kidless, if you don't mind sharing what was the condition from the neurologist? I only ask because I have major depression, anxiety and migraines, all of which I take medication for. And all of which I would have to go off cold turkey should I get inpig and want to keep it (which clearly would be the worst thing I could do since my job depends on my stable state of mind, dealing with crazy/emotional people, arguing all day and dealing with stress and new places). I'm in the Midwest and will be 25 this year, so I'm really starting to look.
July 19, 2012
Michaela, I don't know how old you are, but my gyn also didn't express any real willingness to do a sterilization procedure on me (but he's incredible so I didn't want to switch to someone else), so we both opted for me to have a Paragard (and his insertion track record is impeccable). Once I reach 40+ with it I will probably be sterilized and have ablation, probably by someone else since I am sure I will not be living here by that time. Anyhoo, if device implantation doesn't bother you, the IUD is incredibly effective and cheaper than sterilization - I paid $800 out of pocket for mine and remember, my practitioner is a private doctor so there were no state discounts or working with me on payment plans and my insurance didn't cover dick. Check your insurance plan to see if an IUD is covered - you might be able to get it for just a copayment. PP can also do them and you won't pay what I paid.

Depending on your age now, you can have an IUD long beyond the time where any doctor will recommend extraordinary measures of reproduction. This is my plan. Muahahahaha! See, I told you fucks I didn't want kyds! By then I will be more likely to fight for my right to party.

Anyhoo, if sterilization is the road you want to be on and feel like fighting to get, can you check with Planned Parenthood? They charge based on a sliding scale and your income, so they might not charge you those thousands of dollars. They might also be able to refer to you to someone who is willing to do it.

Also, and I say this only because I am paranoid, hospitals and doctor's offices are not necessarily the models of sterility they should be. A tubal ligation is still surgery, and elective surgery at that, which exposes you to whatever nasty germs are in the place the procedure is done. This can be staph, MRSA, etc.

Good luck whatever your choice.
July 19, 2012
@Kim,

My mouth is hanging open right now. I am just shocked. I have learned more from this board than I learned in all four years of high school.
July 19, 2012
@Kim-
That doesn't surprise me in the least.
They still had KKK parades in the bayou when I was a kid. Dunno if they still try that there....
The further South you go the more cowardly people act to anything different from them. Again the only reason people rarely gave me grief in my hometown was how well known my grandmother is.
Anonymous User
July 19, 2012
Georgia does suck. A while back, there was a KKK rally two miles from me. The tubal after two kids and while the moo is still on the table is the preferred way here. Both my mother and sister had them that way when they had their second kid.
July 19, 2012
scorpion
Georgia does suck. A while back, there was a KKK rally two miles from me. The tubal after two kids and while the moo is still on the table is the preferred way here. Both my mother and sister had them that way when they had their second kid.

That's what I thought. And why I'm still shocked I got my tubal so easily. Though like I've said I think it's mainly due to the fact I threatened self harm if I got pregnant and having my therapist back me up through the whole thing.

(The doctor that ended up doing it was so awesome. He looked like a Hawaiian Santa Claus. I baked his jolly ass a cake grinning smiley)
July 19, 2012
quills
scorpion

That's what I thought. And why I'm still shocked I got my tubal so easily. Though like I've said I think it's mainly due to the fact I threatened self harm if I got pregnant and having my therapist back me up through the whole thing.

(The doctor that ended up doing it was so awesome. He looked like a Hawaiian Santa Claus. I baked his jolly ass a cake grinning smiley)

In all honesty Quills, the reason you most likely got your tubal is one your therapist backed you up and second because the doctor you dealt with didn't have his head up his ass about womens' health. I'm hoping to find a doctor willing to at least listen to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login