Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hack "Writer" Claims Binchy Would Have Been Better if She Was a Moo

Posted by jezebel_daisy 
Hack "Writer" Claims Binchy Would Have Been Better if She Was a Moo
August 03, 2012
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/9446816/If-Maeve-Binchy-had-been-a-mother-....html#disqus_thread

FUCK you.
No talent hack has to pretty much Mommy-jack the death of this wonderful author and claimed her writing would have been more "emotional" and "deep" had she been a Moo.
Of course she throws in the tired old bingo of "You don't know love if you haven't had that bond between moo and sprog" line.

On the other hand she is being RIPPED apart in the comments.

Cunt.
Re: Hack "Writer" Claims Binchy Would Have Been Better if She Was a Moo
August 04, 2012
Published on the day of Binchy's funeral. Classy.

As one commentor noted, most people have had the experience of having a mother and have some clue as to what that relationship is about. My mom and sister loved her work. Haven't read her, myself--but I've certainly heard of her and have some idea of her subject matter. And have seen her books in the NYT Book Review section--clearly, thousands if not millions loved her work. Amanda what's-her-name? Never heard of her.

..........................................................................................................................................................
Established tiling methods are for unlambent nonbreathers filled with tiny rage.--CrabCake
I'm imagining "Amanda Craig is a stupid bitch" to the melody of Cartman's song.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
What a stupid bint, and keepin' it so klassy too by posting on the day of her funeral. About a woman who is no longer alive to defend herself. What a cuntnugget! :headbrick Never heard of Amanda whats-er-name, either, and by posting this tripe she's likely not to become a popular author anytime soon (or at all). Binchy, on the other hand, is pretty famous and renowned. I never checked out her stuff before, and now I want to, especially knowing she was child-free. CF people are almost always more interesting. smiling smiley

ETA: Just read that Binchy was in fact childless/infertile, but she made the best of it and had an amazing life. That's much more than can be said for the lot of whiny, infertile myrtles whining on the internet in present day.
August 04, 2012
"...No matter what your experience of adult love, there is nothing as strong as the bond between a mother and a child. One reason why so many contemporary women writers have focused on this is that it is new territory, precisely because the great female writers of the past had not experienced it....This "moo-loaf" bonding experience could ONLY possibly enhance a writer's work whose subject material was about the "famblee", IF it contained bio-kid related shit :headbrick

Yet putting yourself last is one of the best things that can happen to a writer. I make no moral claims for motherhood ­— which can bring out the worst in a person, in the form of vicarious rivalry, bitchiness, envy and even mental illness — but going through the ring of fire does change you and bring about a deeper understanding of human nature. That is SUCH bullshit!!!!!!!!!:BS

Binchy, whose first novel was about a 20-year friendship between two women, didn’t need the experience of motherhood to write about love and friendship in a way that charmed millions. But she might have dug deeper, charming less but enlightening more, had she done so."
This is not only preposterous, but a slap in the face to female writers in general and disrespectful specifically to this deceased author and her memory!. WHY not the guts to say this bullshit to her face while she was still alive so she'd have the opportunity to dispute it? WHY wait until she had died?confused smiley

ranting IF I had the desire and the time, I'd fucking write an article on moohood, choosing personal and tragic material like how I managed to live my life after a devastating loaf death, an older brat killed in a drunk driving hit and run a year later, and how I am now facing my last living kid's death to a strange and mysterious disease, and can no longer shit loaves due to some tragic thing like my eggs got rotten early. Then I'd detail the typical moo woe of how I get NO emotional support from my cheating husband, etc...................and make it SO REAL it'd turn viral on the internet and be the subject of every moo forum on the world wide web. Then, when I was exposed or exposed MYSELF as childFREE, publicly make the point one does NOT have to be a loaf shitting moo to understand moohood, kid loss, and other moo-cunt related bullshit OR to be able to write about it with extreme and believable realism.

Pinching off a loaf does NOT a better writer make. CUNTS, all of them!cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
All this article says is that female writers need to further validate moohood, even when their book subjects have very little to nothing to do with it. This bitch needs to sit down because most female-oriented literature is SATURATED with motherhood. It is not easy to find a book in this area that doesn't have some sort of focus on motherhood. It's harder than you think to find a romance novel where one of the romantic interests isn't a single parent (and then you have to read through the overly precocious child's thoughts and feelings).

And this bitch's use of the word "enlightening" is infuriating. Enlightening who to what? There are plenty of books illustrating the struggles of moohood. Why does a writer who focuses on female friendships and that unique bond need to shift her focus onto moohood?

VALIDATE ME! VALIDATE ME! VALIDATE ME! VALIDATE ME! VALIDATE ME! VALIDATE ME! is all Amanda Whatsherass is saying.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
I stopped reading a number of female writers because they became such moo-centric. It just baffles my mind that after decades of feminism and the struggle to find equality of opportunity and a level playing field that some of my gender who become authors have such a difficult time letting go of the uterine identification.

The theory that moos are more emotionally in touch than we childfree women is pure hogshit. From what I have observed about most moos, sluicing a loaf brought out their narcissism to the point of violence. As for knowing what "true love" is, most moos only love the superficial, Kodak moments that might go with breeding every now and again, and can't wait to bury the long, tedious days of sour titjuice, a house that looks like it went through a tornado four times and screaming brat that says it hates you because you bought the wrong variety of potato chip.

No thanks.
I've often joked that I was taking a trip to Ireland on a budget by picking up a Maeve Binchy novel. Seeing Cunty McBreederson's little "article" published on the day of Binchy's funeral really pissed me off. I think it was written out of petty jealousy. Cunty McBreederson will never be the kind of writer Binchy still is, nor will she ever have that kind of success.
August 04, 2012
BULLSHIT!!!

I stopped reading about halfway. The sanctimony and self-indulgence grew to be too much.

But I will answer the subtitle question:

"Does a female novelist need to have experienced motherhood to truly understand human emotions?" So Amanda Craig believes that a female novelist is a Vulcan until she becomes a mother. Maeve Binchy had never stubbed her toe (pain), had a boyfriend or husband (love), lost a parent or friend (grief), had a book rejected (depression), watched the sink back up (disgust), had the flu (misery), had a puppy or kitten (joy), been a kid herself at Christmas (greed), had a hangover (regret), or read anything as stupid as this article (bewilderment). Now that I think about it, this is the most sexist article I've read in a long time. It implies that male novelists experience the range of human emotions just by being men, but women must endure childbirth before their emotions are activated.

And this line deserves a comment:

“Every baby costs four books,” the novelist Candia McWilliam once claimed YIKES! As if I needed yet another reason to remain childfree. Oh, Amanda. It's childFREE, not childLESS! We aren't lacking a durn thing!

So, now it's time for Ian Fleming, Robert Howard, H.P. Lovecraft, Jane Austin, Agatha Christie and Margaret Mitchell to run Amanda Craig of town! mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob
August 04, 2012
paragon schnitzophonic
All this article says is that female writers need to further validate moohood, even when their book subjects have very little to nothing to do with it.

I bet most of the cows never heard of Kate Chopin. She is now revered as an early feminist writer though at the time of her career she took a lot of flack for her views. In her best known work "The Awakening", she wrote for her protagonist that motherhood was a “responsibility which she had blindly assumed and for which Fate had not fitted her”.

Excellent critique here

Let's see if the cow literature so heavily flouted today stands the test of time like Chopin's works (most of which can be read online).
I had to look up this 'ring of fire' smile rolling left righteyes2

This mediocre writer hiding behind her loaves and blaming them for her insignificant writing and presence says this:

"......but going through the ring of fire does change you and bring about a deeper understanding of human nature."

So sluicing a loaf like every female mammal, a physiological necessity to get it out, is now the key to a 'deeper understanding of human nature'?

She really has exposed herself out as a boastful, insecure, vile creature. She should be put through a real ring of fire, like the one in circuses. Only she should be held midway to roast like a pig.

Worthless, mediocre cunt.
August 04, 2012
CFinPenthouse
So sluicing a loaf like every female mammal, a physiological necessity to get it out, is now the key to a 'deeper understanding of human nature'?

pffft Please. Bitches have to go through a mundane experience in order to learn self-reflection? They don't know their history. Women like Hroswitha, who wrote early Christian screeds but also dramas about giving women a choice over the direction of their lives; paths that did not have to lead to marriage and childbearing?

These women who think the world should be covered by their experiences, rather than acknowledging that there are other valid paths to follow. They are the very definition of narcissists.
Dorisan
These women who think the world should be covered by their experiences, rather than acknowledging that there are other valid paths to follow. They are the very definition of narcissists.

Precisely. And science/anthropology show that they actually become much more self-absorbed, vicious, and entitled after breeding. This cunt probably didn't see anything wrong with what she had written. She just can't. Her narcissistic worldview coupled with poor self-awareness and mediocrity make her lash out, even against the dead.

She wants to be excused for not being a 40-million copy author but she also wants to be exalted for the 'ring of fire' experience or some such biological crap. She doesn't know what she wants. All I know is that she should be contained in her barn and tasered if she wanders beyond the gate.
What a digusting and pointless "article"!

Like some of the posters here wrote, this "article" is one of the many examples on how there is a strong correlation between breeders and narcissism.

Glad to see the majority of the comments are bashing this "writer" moo.
She was one of my favourite authors. Her books were nothing earth shattering - just lovely stories about the relationships between very interesting characters told in a very quaint Irish way. They were like an old friend - warm and comfortable.
I am glad that most of the commentary on this article is slamming this bitch.
August 04, 2012
Notice that by mentioning the "ring of fire" she also a subtle dig at those who have either adopted or had a c section. Full of love, this one. smile rolling left righteyes2

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
August 04, 2012
This also implies that women *should be* more "feeling". And that should "color" their writing.

Well, what about True Crime writers such as Ann Rule? Being over emotional with that would probably eff up the book, with a subject that needs to be more factual.

And she does it right, too. And even does make some emotive descriptions, some really heart felt thoughts for the crime victims, too.

She also does a great job of describing the 'time and place' - the locale, the people, the ambiance - she's quite good at getting that across, also.

And still sticks to facts and writes in a concise manner, too.

Wow - I thought I'd put a link to some info about this woman too - and she has five kids? She surely keeps that out of her work - I'd have *never* guessed! -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Rule

I'm trying to think of other female writers, I read mostly non fiction. Which of course is a different genre than the "Novelist" - but so what? There *are* more than one kind of "writers".

Linda Moulton Howe
Researches and writes about many unusual subjects. And does it so well that not only has this realm of writing become more accepted - so has this entire field of research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Moulton_Howe

(Another one with a child - again, I had no clue. Doesn't mention it in her writing, that's for sure.)

Also thought of Bethany McLean - who exposed the Enron mess, as a young journalist -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethany_McLean

A book she wrote about it - very good book -
http://www.amazon.com/Smartest-Guys-Room-Amazing-Scandalous/dp/1591840082

All of these above examples *stick to the facts*.
I had no idea some of them even *had kids* at all!

I'm sure to remember some more, too ~
August 04, 2012
jezebel_daisy
She was one of my favourite authors. Her books were nothing earth shattering - just lovely stories about the relationships between very interesting characters told in a very quaint Irish way. They were like an old friend - warm and comfortable.

I'll have to check her out. She sounds a bit like Helen Hooven Santmyer who was gay (*gasp*), childfree (GASP!), and saw her greatest fame with a book published when she was in her 80s "..And Ladies of the Club".

ETA: oooooh, the bitch is getting her ears boxed by other bloggers. She also got a mention on STFU Parents (FB site) ::pumps fist:::

The Frisky
LINK
LINK

I don't think we're going to see Craig's latest book (which was *ahem* coincidentally shilled at the end of her article) make any best seller lists. In fact, book sellers might be wise to hide them for fear of seeing nasty messages furtively scrawled inside.
Dorisan
jezebel_daisy

I'll have to check her out. She sounds a bit like Helen Hooven Santmyer who was gay (*gasp*), childfree (GASP!), and saw her greatest fame with a book published when she was in her 80s "..And Ladies of the Club".

ETA: oooooh, the bitch is getting her ears boxed by other bloggers. She also got a mention on STFU Parents (FB site) ::pumps fist:::

The Frisky
LINK
LINK

I don't think we're going to see Craig's latest book (which was *ahem* coincidentally shilled at the end of her article) make any best seller lists. In fact, book sellers might be wise to hide them for fear of seeing nasty messages furtively scrawled inside.

I'll check out your suggestion too smiling smiley
Thanks for those links as well. I like this line from the article on The Frisky: "Newsflash: You don’t need to have children to understand human emotions, you just need to not be a psychopath."
August 04, 2012
jezebel_daisy
I like this line from the article on The Frisky: "Newsflash: You don’t need to have children to understand human emotions, you just need to not be a psychopath."

I noticed that a lot of cows seem to hang out at Frisky

Mooooo
I would seriously doubt the humanity of a woman who took greater pride in her job then in her children unless her kids were murders, rapists, etc, etc, etc.

I do think raising children is the most amazing thing a person can do, but that doesn't mean people without kids shouldn't feel accomplished. Apples and oranges.

More like brains and brainless :smn
Yeah, dropping two whelps really made this cunt into a deeply sensitive caring human being. smile rolling left righteyes2

And that stupid ass quote: Every baby costs 4 books.

So because she has 2 brats she didn't write 8 more books? PFFT. WGAS, I never heard of this bitch before this retarded article and I sure as hell would never read anything this moron wrote now. What a bitter, stupid loser.
For grins and giggles, and because I had nothing better to do, I looked at the "novel" referenced in Cunty McBreederson's article. If the two spawn kept her from writing eight books I'd like to thank them personally. In a creative writing class ten years ago the instructor would often tell someone to "put some cheddar on that." That comment referred to an assignment to make the story really cheesy. It was supposed to be an exercise on how to lighten up a story. This woman has evidently taken that exercise way too far. My deepest apologies to witers and novels everywhere when I provide this link.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=hearts+and+minds

P.S. She does purple prose better than a certain Islandy Island dweller we've all come to know and loathe.
I love Ann Rule. She writes gritty and absorbing true crime novels and I eat them up like candy. Excellent writer and one of my favorites.

I think Amanda Craig needs a big glass of shut the fuck up juice.
I've only read one Ann Rule book (Small Sacrifices, about the Diane Downs case), but I really liked it. It was engaging without being overly dramatic and goes past the media sensation to truly get the full story. I've read other true crime books and it's like reading fiction because the writer flourishes the tale. Murder cases are already plenty dramatic, no need to add on to it.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

August 05, 2012
I'd like to preface my Moo story excerpt I penned below with the fact my "real" name and address is known by several members on here, including the owner of the site, so should any of you begin thinking, "Gee, Kidlesskim sure does sound like a real Moo-Cunt in this "true" story, I wonder if she's a spy with half a dozen brats, ravaged cooter, and a baby bump ?". Rest assured, my identity and state of kidlessness can be confirmed and on every public site where I am pictured and or a member, my profile, personal info, and anything I may have posted does NOT include kids, only cats and a husband and the occasional mention of niece and nephews.

I am attempting to make the point that most ANY mediocre writer can draw from other feelings and life experiences and easily pose as what or whomever they choose, making this tripe about the deceased author could have been "more enlightened" had she spawned a COMPLETE crock of horseshit. Did Peter Benchley have to be a shark to make us feel how Jaws felt? Was Herman Melville a fucking Whale? Did H.G. Wells actually time travel? I think not. Perhaps they could all have been more "enlightened" if they had been or done the things they wrote about. Perhaps if Sir Isaac Newton, da Vinci, Beethoven, Michaelangelo, and Jesus had married and sired loaves, then they too could have been, "more enlightened" like today's Moo-Cunt bloggers. eye rolling smiley

Excerpt from my imaginary book, "For Whom the Moo Lows":drinking coffee

My Angel Caden, Ripped from My Loving Arms
"...As a only a mother can know, I looked into the now vacant eyes of my baby as he lay lifeless across from me in the passenger seat, still safely buckled in like a cruel prank, his beautiful head of blond locks framing his now still face but his neck had been broken from the sheer force of the crash. I wept from an island inside my heart I hadn't known existed. It was a place of mourning and despair so intense and deafening, yet I could still hear the shrill sound of the approaching ambulance, but instinctively I knew it was too late. This innocent little angel, created and carried inside my womb for nine months, game me 7 years of joy only his mother could comprehend, and now he was gone. "WHY"? , I quietly gasped as I wiped the lone trickle of blood from his forehead, "WHY take him away now, when there is so much promise and hope"?

"WHY MY CHILD?" WHY Caden who has done nothing wrong????" , I begged God to answer, on that day and on every day since for the past 20 years. While I have suffered immense grief and pain since that rainy day in February when that horrible accident took him away from me forever, when first my beloved mother died of cancer and later my precious sister tragically took her own life, there's a private and special place in the soul of a mother where losing a child is the greatest pain of all kinds and eternal. Losing a child is truly a mother's worst nightmare and no one else can begin to comprehend the feeling of loss unless she too has suffered the timeless and unfathomable grief known only as, the death of a child........":bawl

Familiar Tragedy Strikes Again as Baby Loafettta Gently Slipped Away in Her Crib
"...The day of Caden's funeral was bitter sweet as it was on the same day they cruelly lowered his small coffin into the ground the stick brightened my dark existence with the miracle of two pink lines! Could God be giving us a second chance at being parents? Could we keep this child safe from the horrors of the uncaring world we live in? Loafetta was a dream baby and came straight from Heaven and from the moment of conception,I just "knew", like only a mother can understand. I was comforted as she grew inside me, this life, the life of an angel I was praying I could protect until she grew into a beautiful woman and learned the great joy of having precious children of her own. I had put much faith in the feeling God couldn't take Loafetta way so soon like he had Caden, but God's plan wasn't the same as mine, I was to learn all too soon.

Like the rainy day in February the year prior when Caden was suddenly taken in the blink of an eye due to a selfish, Godless, and careless drunk driver, God decided to take our Loafetta, only thankfully in a much gentler way. I had just looked in on her as she lay sleeping peacefully, her little eyelids twitching with her dreams of a bright future, probably playing with her new puppy or maybe even she was dreaming of the day when she too, could know the blessing known by carrying her own child in her body to grow and nurture as I had done with her. I only looked away for a minute, long enough to unlatch my nursing bra to give her nourishment from my breast for when she woke. As I was about to sink into the comfortable rocking chair and wait on my baby to rouse where I had suckled her many times before, I noticed her eyelids no longer twitched and chest had stopped rising and falling.

My exposed breasts, so engorged with life giving nectar from God, tingled in pain. I could literally feel the loss in my breasts as they would no longer be needed to sustain her life, I just "knew". "THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING, not again!" I cried out in disbelief and low guttural pain, but my sweet Loafetta had simply died in her sleep. Not ONE brilliant doctor can tell me why my CHILD has simply died. It isn't fair a mother should lose two children within a year, it's just too painful, but it happened to me and my soul can not be healed as it is forever seared in pain and my heart broken into irreparable pieces from the loss of my children. Nothing can comfort me, not my loving husband, nor my closest friends, and not even God himself can ease the pain of a mother in mourning.

There IS no comfort for a mother when her child has died like there is for other grief. Other grief, while painful too, can NOT compare to the woeful heart break and longing a mother has for her lost child. Quite simply, no such grief exists as the pain only a mother feels when her child she gave life to has died. My husband claims he too is in pain, and perhaps he is, but he didn't carry our babies for nine months in his own body, they didn't suckle life giving nourishment from his breasts, and he can never know the depth of a mother's love. His pain may be real, but it can't compare to mine as the love of a mother is like no other and only a mother could begin to understand my grief, but only IF she too has lost a child......" :Violin

How'd I do?drinking coffee

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login