Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I wish I could afford Food Stamps, like people on Food Stamps can.

Posted by Anonymous User 
So... fucking... pissed.

Just found out that a relative of mine blew through 650 dollars worth of food stamps. How the fuck can you blow through that in a month? Only buy organic bullshit at Whole Foods.

This relative just popped out baby #3, and her and her husband haven't had jobs since baby #1.

And that's just food stamps. because of the age of the kids, they still get WIC.

I'm so fucking happy I pay taxes.
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. I'm guessing probably she eats a lot (most of the stampies often weigh 200-300 pounds) and thus burn through the e-money like it was gas soaked tissue paper. Also if she's getting that much, she likely doesn't feel like she has to conserve it, which is why she blows it on the most expensive crap instead of trying to be sensible.

She also shows one of the big bad habits of the chronically poor, which is "Spend everything now, and don't save anything." This keeps folks in poverty, because they don't exercise restraint and thus remain chronically penniless. She also failed/didn't try to prevent pregnancy, which also is another one of the bad habits of the poor.

Does her or the husband have a job?
Re: I wish I could afford Food Stamps, like people on Food Stamps can.
August 10, 2012
I wish those benefits were saved for real taxpayers. For two months in 2006 I was in the process of moving from Texas to California and while I had a job I still needed a place to live. I thought there might be help for me in way of a homeless shelter. There was none. I was getting taxes taken out of my check but I couldn't have the help those taxes were supposedly paying for. I was told to shove it. I lived in my car for those two months.
How the hell do you blow through $650 worth of food stamps in one month? My husband and I have a food budget of $300 a month and that is plenty.
WTF was she buying?
think_about_it
So... fucking... pissed.

Just found out that a relative of mine blew through 650 dollars worth of food stamps. How the fuck can you blow through that in a month? Only buy organic bullshit at Whole Foods.

This relative just popped out baby #3, and her and her husband haven't had jobs since baby #1.

And that's just food stamps. because of the age of the kids, they still get WIC.

I'm so fucking happy I pay taxes.

actually, paying taxes on your INCOME is illegal and unconstitutional. some irs agents have left their jobs since discovering that little known fact. and of course you can always opt out of certain others that they do tax whether you want to purchase them or not. just a little fyi winking smiley

as for the welfare trash. i see it everywhere. not just in the stores, but where i live. all the apartment complexes and even nice townhomes are littered with these sponges.

i have a saying:

IF YOU CAN WIPE YOUR OWN ASS YOU CAN WORK FOR A LIVING

i once worked at a university and one of the EMPLOYEES was like stephen hawking and in a wheel chair, YET he worked.

i say automatic snips all around for everyone.

it's such a fucking disgrace the abusers.
It makes me bitter as hell that so many people get away with sponging off the system. I'm all for abolishing food stamps and setting up more food pantries. Make poverty uncomfortable again, and people will want to do everything they can to get out of it.

I've been poor, I've lived paycheck to paycheck before, and it was rough, but I never signed up for food stamps. For one, I knew being CF I'd only be kicked about 50 bucks anyway, and there was a food pantry right down the street. I knew if I had a really lean paycheck with not much money left for food, I could go there because I more than qualified. I never went out to eat, I tried to cook from scratch (ingredients for homemade stuff are much cheaper), and got stuff on sale. It sucked only having about $5.00 to $20.00 left in my pocket after paying all my bills, and knowing if I got sick or hurt and missed work, I was F-to the-UCKED. But a lot of people go through it. It was because I chose to spend 7 years with my ex, who fucked me over financially (and otherwise), and this was the aftermath of it when I finally broke free of him. Rather than live with my parents again, I wanted to live on my own, so I found a little apartment I could cover all expenses for and went for it.

My ex was one of those people who when he got a chunk of money he had to blow it all at once. It was like he just couldn't hang on to the money to save his life. He had no concept of saving a dime. And he always had to buy STUPID SHIT he DIDN'T NEED. Sure, it's ok to treat yourself with a little splurge once in awhile, but you have to show some restraint and live below your means most of the time if you want to be able to have some savings in the bank for the future.

My husband and I now make a weekly menu of what we want to cook (and we cook enough to feed us 2 - 3 dinners at a time), then we look at the sale flyers for the grocery stores we go to and make a list based on what we want to cook and other basics we need for the week. We spend I'd say around $300 - $400 per month all told on our food groceries, stuff for the cat, and household items. And we even are able to splurge here and there, like ordering some stuff from a Russian food website so we can have some tastes of his homeland too (we figured it won't break us to order a big box of goodies from that site 2 or 3 times a year). We don't go out to eat much. We get a mailer of coupons for local restaurants and try to use those when we go out to eat, and we go out to eat I'd say twice a month at the most.

Why can't these people be reasonable enough about their food budget to make $650 last? That's so stupid! You can eat so well for so much less, and from what I know in most states the foodstamps roll over if you don't use them all. I'd think having a surplus set up for later would be wise, you know, just in case. Furthermore, they need to STOP BREEDING. Period. It's irresponsible. I do take it personally when these dumb broodsows continue to live off these programs when I'm working my ass off and paying taxes. I work for everything I have, and they just get shit handed to them for whelping. angrily flogging with a whip And I'm supposed to kiss their ass for doing TMIJITW! Fuck a bunch of THAT! :eatu
They only buy organic stuff. And I don't mean regular groceries , they buy shitloads of prepackaged organic snack food for the lazy ass husband to eat. Though, even THEN, I don't get how they can blow 650 bucks ON TOP OF THE WIC THEY GET!!!! That amount of money could pay my rent. I don't think you should be ALLOWED to shop at Whole Foods with food stamps. I don't think you should be able to buy organic shit either. It should be like a food pantry. And you can ONLY get basics to make shit from scratch.

Food stamps are not supposed to perpetuate a life of excess, goddammit. I think poverty should go back to being something people want to get out of, rather than live in. We get to see the results of tax money used for NASA, why aren't we allowed to see the results of tax money paying for food stamps and welfare? Because would see shit like this and fucking revolt, that's why.
August 11, 2012
think_about_it
They only buy organic stuff. And I don't mean regular groceries , they buy shitloads of prepackaged organic snack food for the lazy ass husband to eat. Though, even THEN, I don't get how they can blow 650 bucks ON TOP OF THE WIC THEY GET!!!! That amount of money could pay my rent. I don't think you should be ALLOWED to shop at Whole Foods with food stamps. I don't think you should be able to buy organic shit either. It should be like a food pantry. And you can ONLY get basics to make shit from scratch.

Food stamps are not supposed to perpetuate a life of excess, goddammit. I think poverty should go back to being something people want to get out of, rather than live in. We get to see the results of tax money used for NASA, why aren't we allowed to see the results of tax money paying for food stamps and welfare? Because would see shit like this and fucking revolt, that's why.

I have seen WIC-Welfare cunts load up on expensive organic snacks, choice cuts of steak, organic cereal at $6 a box, $4 a dozen "cage free" eggs, about as often as the other set who buys junk food or prepared deli items. IN MY EVER SO HUMBLE OPINION, I think if you can't afford to buy your OWN groceries, then your own food preferences and/or picky choices that cost above what a store brand would typically cost should be BANNED, nutritionally void junk food should absolutely disallowed, and anything considered a "convenience" item like frozen pizzas and prepared deli foods not allowed with an EBT-Welfare purchase either.

The ONLY items that should scan with a food stamp card should be staple goods and whatever is the least expensive too, REGULAR fruits, vegetables, dairy, etc........REGULAR canned fruits and vegetables, REGULAR cuts of meat and/or whole chickens, 100% juice only, store brand peanut butter, bread, soup, beans, rice, and maybe crackers and a few other items. If someone is living on public assistance they should be REQUIRED to buy the most nutritious food at the least possible cost and NOTHING that's already "prepared" like $4 Stouffers mac and cheese when they could be buying a box for 75 cents and NO deli cooked chcken for $8.99 when they SHOULD be buying a whole uncooked chicken to cook at $3.99 instead etc......

I have seen the cows tote out two baked chickens, heat and serve mashed potatoes and/or potato salad, a quart of cole slaw, etc.......for $30 when had they made their own it would have been a fraction of that cost. While they still aren't allowed to buy "hot" prepared food in my area, the way they get around that is the stores are immediately refrigerating the cooked deli food so it qualifies for EBT and all the pigs have to do is heat it up. Oh, I see the results of WIC-Welfare every single day in the form of HUGE fat WIC-Welfare cows who have to turn sideways to waddle through a typical commercial door. I see it every day in their chubby little kids too.

If the typical single Moo and her 2-3 calves in my area were to stand side by side in the middle of the aisle between parked cars at our Walmart parking lot, you can NOT drive around them or even WALK around them. Obesity is a local epidemic among the WIC-Welfare whores and their piglets :headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I will say this about the relatives, they're not obese obese.... they're not thin, but they're not walking lards either. That's another reason I don't get how they can go through $650 + 3 kids worth of WIC in a month.
August 12, 2012
Is it possible they're buying "free" food and then re-selling it at a discount to people they know? I wouldn't put it past these trashy welfare leech types to buy assloads of food with food stamps and then turn around and sell some of it for actual money. If you buy organic food and sell it maybe 25% cheaper than the grocery store, you could still get a decent amount of cash.

Why the fuck is organic food even covered under food stamps? If you're so dirt fucking poor that you can't afford regular food, why should you get to spend other people's hard-earned money to buy food most people can't afford anyway? These hogs don't need organic groceries - if they want organic, have food stamps cover vegetable seeds and they can get off their ever-widening asses and plant a garden.

America the beautiful: Where the irresponsible, unemployed breeders eat and live better than the working people.
Cambion
Is it possible they're buying "free" food and then re-selling it at a discount to people they know? I wouldn't put it past these trashy welfare leech types to buy assloads of food with food stamps and then turn around and sell some of it for actual money. If you buy organic food and sell it maybe 25% cheaper than the grocery store, you could still get a decent amount of cash.

Why the fuck is organic food even covered under food stamps? If you're so dirt fucking poor that you can't afford regular food, why should you get to spend other people's hard-earned money to buy food most people can't afford anyway? These hogs don't need organic groceries - if they want organic, have food stamps cover vegetable seeds and they can get off their ever-widening asses and plant a garden.

America the beautiful: Where the irresponsible, unemployed breeders eat and live better than the working people.

So... much... this.

I personally think organic food SHOULDN'T be covered. For one, it's a fucking luxury. For another, I have yet to see scientific evidence (and I HAVE looked) of it's nutritional superiority. Plus, with cross pollenization, windblown particles, and many other things, it is impossible to guarantee that anything is "organic". It's fucking marketing.
This just boggles my mind. What the fuck are they buying for 650 a month? I'd be over the Moon if someone gave me a box-full of pasta, rice and a cans each month. I'd even politely thank them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
August 12, 2012
I don't know about other states, but in MA, the computer systems clearly track what is and is not food stamp eligible. When you're at the cashier station, the screens (at least at a grocery store near me) display F/S (food stamp) ok and F/S not ok totals. So if you buy a $2.00 box of pasta and a $1 cup of coffee, your total bill is $3.00 but the screen clearly says only $2 is ok for F/S. So even a prepared food like coffee won't be allowed. I can't imagine where a rotisserie chicken would be approved.
In my darkest days I was unemployed, completely broke and nearly homeless. I donated plasma, sold whatever I could and did odd jobs to make some money for rent and food. I also learned about 215605 ways to make Ramen. I sure could have used $650 a month for groceries. Now that I'm married, with a career, we spend about half of that on groceries a month. Insane.
krysinsa
In my darkest days I was unemployed, completely broke and nearly homeless. I donated plasma, sold whatever I could and did odd jobs to make some money for rent and food. I also learned about 215605 ways to make Ramen. I sure could have used $650 a month for groceries. Now that I'm married, with a career, we spend about half of that on groceries a month. Insane.

So much this! smiling smiley
August 12, 2012
cosmictraveler
It makes me bitter as hell that so many people get away with sponging off the system. I'm all for abolishing food stamps and setting up more food pantries. Make poverty uncomfortable again, and people will want to do everything they can to get out of it.

Interesting idea, though the Planet Eaters like Walmart would crush the idea. I'd set up a Food Stamp Products (or whatever chi-chi name is given to preserve the receivers' self-esteem) Store. Stock it with only products that are truly necessary for consumption - snacks, sugary cereals and all non-nutritious products excluded. Employ people from families who are on stamps to give them job experience and work to cover benefits.

My only qualm about the idea is that there are people in temporary straits who have no intention of staying on benefits. I wouldn't want to see them lumped in with the layabouts.
August 13, 2012
Dorisan
My only qualm about the idea is that there are people in temporary straits who have no intention of staying on benefits. I wouldn't want to see them lumped in with the layabouts.

I'd like to see benefits gradually decrease the longer one stays on them, except for people who are seriously too sick to perform any sort of work (note: too sick to work also means too sick to have children or go on vacations). Anyone who is using it as a safety net should find the experience relatively comfortable, whereas anyone who is on it as a way of life should find it a rather austere experience.

If you're in the safety net mode (which would have a lifetime maximum of 3 years or so), you get money, and you're expected to make your own decisions concerning finances. Once you exceed the safety net period, however, your freedom is curtailed, unless you can show proof of behaving responsibly during the safety net period through receipts, accounting, and genuine accomplishments toward employment (in that case you can continue to get money, but less of it). Otherwise, responsibility is removed because you're clearly not capable of acting like an adult.
lol that is dumb moo asshole
September 27, 2012
How ironic that the name of this blog contains 'Brat Free' yet it seems to be full of nothing but whiny brats, crying and complaining that they're not fucking poor and destitute.

First world problems. Cry me a fucking river, you babies.

Just another welfare moo who uses EMS like a taxi making sure that someone who is really dieing will have to wait while her sponging ass demands undeserved priority.

ISP shows her to be a Ut-ard
September 27, 2012
@lol, this is not a blog. It is a forum. Please learn the difference you fucking dumb cunt.
Halfwit trolls aren't exactly known for their attention to detail.
September 27, 2012
Go back to your fucking welfare life, you fucking twunt.
How did you get here, by searching for 'I hate my kids and I'm an illterate cow'?
Sows like you are the reason why we have this 'blog'. Idiot.
Now go waste some more resources and fuck off.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
September 27, 2012
Dennis Miller was on faux news saying sarcastically but with some truth, why bust your ass if you're making 40K or under, might as well quit trying and sign up for the system. There's too much fucking incentive not to work. As much as people can't stand the conservatives, they are the ones who speak up about this welfare state we now live in and that certain people, mostly the wealthy but also the middle (no deductions middle - us) and "upper" middle are carrying it all. Raising taxes on them means raising taxes on the CF but of course it stays the same for famblees paying no taxes and welfare scum keep getting free lobster and almond cream tortes.

Destitute? No, the working former middle class are the new destitute.
This is why I HATE food stamps and other freebies. I am all for helping those down on their luck for a limited time but that's not how it works. Those who won't work but pop out kids are handed more and more money but taxpayers who pay in all their working lives can't get jack shit if they don't have minor kids. I lost my job when it was sent overseas with no warning and took a few months to find another job that paid al living wage. I wasn't eligible for shit. No food stamps, no free money for school, NOTHIING because I hadn't reproduced. I am so glad I can support those who do sponge off the system though!
September 27, 2012
Another UT-Tard, as the mod says? Like from University of Texas? So glad I rejected their offer. Nothing but trash, and you exemplify it! Unless he meant Utah...whatever.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
September 28, 2012
Dorisan
cosmictraveler

Interesting idea, though the Planet Eaters like Walmart would crush the idea. I'd set up a Food Stamp Products (or whatever chi-chi name is given to preserve the receivers' self-esteem) Store. Stock it with only products that are truly necessary for consumption - snacks, sugary cereals and all non-nutritious products excluded. Employ people from families who are on stamps to give them job experience and work to cover benefits.

That's ok, if it's just temporary anyone could suck it up for a while, it's just a matter of going somewhere to pick up free food. And fuck SquallMart, too bad if they didn't like it. Food pantries is a sensible idea and I remember welfare food being a real thing - these no-name containers of peanut butter and slabs of cheese. But what's wrong with peanut butter and cheese? I eat those things for protein too. They could stock basic fruits and veggies and the lower grade of meats, etc.

There is no excuse for $650 worth of food stamps and allowing it to be spent on luxury foods. Shame on a society that created and accepts this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login