Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forever moo's property: "My son's tattoo hurt me deeply"

Posted by yurble 
Forever moo's property: "My son's tattoo hurt me deeply"
August 13, 2012
A 21-year-old man gets a tattoo, and his mother overreacts. She knows her reaction was over the top, but that didn't stop her from airing it for the world to see - although at least she used a pseudonym, but that was probably just to keep herself from being stuck in a mental institution after people read about her feelings.

On my arm," he says, and touches his bicep through his shirt.

His lovely shoulder.

In the silence, he says, "I didn't think you'd be this upset."

After a while, he says, "It wasn't just a drunken whim. I thought about it. I went to a professional. It cost £150."

£150? I think, briefly, of all the things I could buy with £150.

"It's just a tattoo," he says, when the silence goes on so long that we have nearly fallen over the edge of it into a pit of black nothingness. "It's not as if I came home and said I'd got someone pregnant."

It seems to me, unhinged by shock, that this might have been the better option.

His father asks, "Does it hurt?"

"Yes," I say, cutting across this male bonding. "It does. Very much."

After this, she refuses to speak to him for 3 days. She cries and can't eat. "I feel as if someone has died. I keep thinking of his skin, his precious skin, inked like a pig carcass." She whines to her friends.

Of course, it's all about moo. His body is hers, forever. The way she mourns his skin is just plain disturbing and reeks of possessiveness:

He says, "I'm still the same person."

I look at him, sitting there, my 21-year-old son. I feel I'm being interviewed for a job I don't even want. I say, "But you're not. You're different. I will never look at you in the same way again. It's a visceral feeling. Maybe because I'm your mother. All those years of looking after your body – taking you to the dentist and making you drink milk and worrying about green leafy vegetables and sunscreen and cancer from mobile phones. And then you let some stranger inject ink under your skin. To me, it seems like self-mutilation. If you'd lost your arm in a car accident, I would have understood. I would have done everything to make you feel better. But this – this is desecration. And I hate it."

And here's the butt-hurt drama she ends the piece with, realises that she has a different role in his life now (or, as she sees it, no role at all):

He may not have wanted to hurt me. I hope he didn't. But my feelings, as he made his decision, were completely unimportant.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one; pack up the moon and dismantle the sun.

I am redundant. And that's a legitimate cause for grief, I think.

She needs to update her views on tattoos almost as much as she needs to leave her kid the fuck alone to make his own decisions about his body.

(Although I could care less that this doctor with tattoos belives in God, but I understand the target audience it's aimed at may care.)
Re: Forever moo's property: "My son's tattoo hurt me deeply"
August 13, 2012
yurble
A 21-year-old man gets a tattoo, and his mother overreacts. She knows her reaction was over the top, but that didn't stop her from airing it for the world to see - although at least she used a pseudonym, but that was probably just to keep herself from being stuck in a mental institution after people read about her feelings.

On my arm," he says, and touches his bicep through his shirt.

His lovely shoulder.

In the silence, he says, "I didn't think you'd be this upset."

After a while, he says, "It wasn't just a drunken whim. I thought about it. I went to a professional. It cost £150."

£150? I think, briefly, of all the things I could buy with £150.

"It's just a tattoo," he says, when the silence goes on so long that we have nearly fallen over the edge of it into a pit of black nothingness. "It's not as if I came home and said I'd got someone pregnant."

It seems to me, unhinged by shock, that this might have been the better option.

His father asks, "Does it hurt?"

"Yes," I say, cutting across this male bonding. "It does. Very much."

After this, she refuses to speak to him for 3 days. She cries and can't eat. "I feel as if someone has died. I keep thinking of his skin, his precious skin, inked like a pig carcass." She whines to her friends.

Of course, it's all about moo. His body is hers, forever. The way she mourns his skin is just plain disturbing and reeks of possessiveness:

He says, "I'm still the same person."

I look at him, sitting there, my 21-year-old son. I feel I'm being interviewed for a job I don't even want. I say, "But you're not. You're different. I will never look at you in the same way again. It's a visceral feeling. Maybe because I'm your mother. All those years of looking after your body – taking you to the dentist and making you drink milk and worrying about green leafy vegetables and sunscreen and cancer from mobile phones. And then you let some stranger inject ink under your skin. To me, it seems like self-mutilation. If you'd lost your arm in a car accident, I would have understood. I would have done everything to make you feel better. But this – this is desecration. And I hate it."

And here's the butt-hurt drama she ends the piece with, realises that she has a different role in his life now (or, as she sees it, no role at all):

He may not have wanted to hurt me. I hope he didn't. But my feelings, as he made his decision, were completely unimportant.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one; pack up the moon and dismantle the sun.

She needs to update her views on tattoos almost as much as she needs to leave her kid the fuck alone to make his own decisions about his body.

(Although I could care less that this doctor with tattoos belives in God, but I understand the target audience it's aimed at may care.)

I think because a lot of people associate tattoos with biker gangs, metal heads and drug addicts, but quite a few tattoos I have seen are religious in nature: images of Jesus, crosses, rosary beads and such. Many others are children related-illuminated script and portraits. I think a lot of the stigma surrounding tattoos was removed with 9/11, when it was revealed people were identified by tattoos on them. Right after, you had hausfraus running off to get tattoos on them.
August 13, 2012
Tattoos are like any other life choices in that if you don't like them, then don't get one. As for this drama-mama, she is a chunky peanut shy of a good healthy turd. She's behaving as if his loyalty to her has been permanently breached because he got a tattoo, which is odd in and of itself, and borders on psychotic. It's not surprising though since he was likely only weaned just a few short years ago.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
August 13, 2012
I will never understand people who are so overly dramatic--it's exhausting just to read about it.
August 13, 2012
yurble
Maybe because I'm your mother. All those years of looking after your body – taking you to the dentist and making you drink milk and worrying about green leafy vegetables and sunscreen and cancer from mobile phones. And then you let some stranger inject ink under your skin. To me, it seems like self-mutilation. If you'd lost your arm in a car accident, I would have understood. I would have done everything to make you feel better. But this – this is desecration. And I hate it."

two faces puking

The nasty hag does think his body belongs to her. She'd rather he lost an arm so she can make him 'feel better' than do something he wants with it. Can you imagine the kind of horror she is/will be when there is an important woman in his life?

These bitches have to be institutionalized for their own good, and tasered like rabid animals. They've gotten away with every sort of incestuous utterance and indulgence for centuries because they are moos smile rolling left righteyes2
August 13, 2012
Yeah, her overreaction is just so much pedo-moo whining. Gotta wonder if she breastfed him until he was ten and co-slept, too. She just can't seem to understand that he's a separate human being now, and an adult with his own life. His skin belongs to him, not her. Wow, what a stupid, fucked-in-the-head cunt.
August 13, 2012
I hope the son gets lots and lots of tattoos. Maybe Moo will starve herself to death.
But seriously, wow. This woman is fucked in the head. I feel sorry for any future girlfriends.
August 13, 2012
:goggle

Really moo? Your feewings are so tewwibly hurted by what your kid did with his own body? It's a tattoo. Get over it.

This woman needs some serious therapy. She's not only over the top, it's to the moon and back.
August 13, 2012

But by deciding to have a tattoo, my son took a meat cleaver to my apron strings. He may not have wanted to hurt me. I hope he didn't. But my feelings, as he made his decision, were completely unimportant.

Bitch, please. My eyes rolled so far back in my head, I was looking at my brain stem.

It sounds like she must have had a pretty good thumb lock on him if he waited until he was 21 and at school to make his declaration of independence. But good for him. I wonder what sort of dirge she'll write when he brings home a girl (or guy - her reaction would be hilarious, I bet) and proves to her beyond doubt that he has a sex life.
August 13, 2012
Through my work I have met families who are watching their formerly healthy, athletic sons die of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) -- paralyzed, communicating only by blinking, on a ventilator via a tracheostomy -- so horrific a disease it makes cancer look like a stubbed toe. And this crazy bitch goes all histrionic because her son got a tattoo? She's a worthless waste of space and oxygen.

´It's just a tattoo," he says..."It's not as if I came home and said I'd got someone pregnant." It seems to me, unhinged by shock, that this might have been the better option.´
Yep. Totally deranged. He needs moar tattoos, just to spite her.
Interesting that moo uses lines from 'Stop All The Clocks' by WH Auden. A poem probably written about the death of a lover, but I might be wrong.
August 13, 2012
Another example of how moos think they're the center of the universe. From how she blubbers on, it sounds like the guy is just an object to her, not a person. Her little canvas painting or science experiment; I wonder how that makes HIM feel? At least she has one shred of sense, though: She realizes that her feelings in such a matter are completely irrelevant.
August 13, 2012
Oh for Gods sake. Quoting that WH Auden poem was completely over the top!

It's a tattoo. I have one, and my mom, while not exactly a fan of tattoos, told me I am old enough to do what I want. She even admitted it was pretty(it is pretty). She didn't have a complete meltdown and act as if I had died.

This woman is a self centerd drama whore. I hope her son gets full sleeves, a Mohawk and a Prince Albert, just to ruin her pathetic life.
August 13, 2012
Wow, that's all kinds of special. He's not the same son anymore because of a choice he - a grown man - made for his own body? News flash, Moo - just because he came out of your body 2 decades ago doesn't mean you retain ownership over him. And really, getting some woman knocked up would have been a better alternative to getting a little ink in his skin? Why? Because that's more "normal" than getting a tattoo? Also, he's not a minor - why should her feelings on a tattoo mean anything anyway? It's not like being 16 and needing Mommy's permission.

Her obsession with his skin and his body and why didn't he consider her opinion and feelings before getting a tat, etc. are fucking crazy. She can't accept that her widdle baybee is an independent adult now; maybe she does to a small extent, but it's obvious she still expects him to ask her permission to do things and that she views him as her property.

Her admitting her reaction was extreme means nothing - it's just her way of saying, "I know everyone will accuse me of being dramatic, so if I admit I realize my overreaction, that'll make it okay and everyone will feel sorry for me."

This is why I will never mention it to my mother when I get my tattoo(s). I expect she would react in a similar manner. She would bitch at me when I'd draw all over my arms with a pen in school, so I can imagine the screaming that would ensue if I came home with ink that doesn't come off.
August 13, 2012

Is this what other women feel? Or perhaps, I think, with an uncomfortable lurch of realisation, just what older women feel.
NO. Do not paint an entire generation of women like the judgemental wacko you are.

Now, I will say that she is being very weird and dramatic. But, the son is no prize either. If there is truth that she had long asked him the "one thing", not to get a tattoo and that they joked about tattoos in the past, then the kid was being insensitive to the moo. If those things were true, he knew she would be shocked and upset but it seems like he presented it very casually to her. That is highly passive aggressive. He still lives at home and is a dependent so he should show a little respect. I think he should have either waited until he was out of the house and self supporting, or kept the tattoo a secret from her for now. Moo is a nutter and too senstive but the son is a brat.
August 13, 2012
twolightersaday
Interesting that moo uses lines from 'Stop All The Clocks' by WH Auden. A poem probably written about the death of a lover, but I might be wrong.

With hyperbole like that over a child growing into an adult (which is presumably the point of the whole exercise), it doesn't leave KidlessKim many emotional words to describe loaf deaths.
August 13, 2012
Tiquer
I will never understand people who are so overly dramatic--it's exhausting just to read about it.

I completely agree.

And - such drama can be down right dangerous. Consider the overly dramatic who crow how Moo hood is so "blissful" or "amazing" or whatever other overly amplified adjectives. Some people will believe this hype, follow suit, probably not have the exaggerated experience - and then they are stuck.

Younger people need to watch this. This happened to me quite alot when younger, probably because I have a good imagination. And nothing was ever really what it was cracked up to be.

If you're like me, where you always find the book to be better than the movie, or you find that what others rave about is often 'meh' - watch what you do.

Hype is often just that - hype.

I am glad I figured this out young - it has prevented me from screwing myself in any number of ways.
August 13, 2012
Here is some information about WH Auden's poem, which is also known as Funeral Blues and was read inFour Weddings and A Funeral.

http://www.wussu.com/poems/whafb.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._H._Auden

It's a very moving and beautiful poem, and for this cunt to cheapen it the way she did really pisses me off.
August 13, 2012
I just read the entire article - Holy Jah is that over the top.

And she used a Pseudonym? smile rolling left righteyes2

I thought of another way these Drama Cows are dangerous - these are the ones who give men the idea that women are "over emotional".

Which in turns leads to all sorts of grief for women in general, you'll be damned if you do or damned if you don't. You'll be labeled as hysterical just for being female, or - you'll be labeled as a stone cold ball buster just because you're not a basket case like Moo was.

Good Lord does this woman have issues :crz
August 13, 2012
Zzelda
If you're like me, where you always find the book to be better than the movie, or you find that what others rave about is often 'meh' - watch what you do..

Yes! I know exactly what you mean. I am fucking tired of people making such a BIG deal over mundane shit and it's getting worse in society as people become more narcissistic and seek attention, praise and pity for the smallest things. Facebook is great for this but some people just do it constantly. I'm sick of people telling me how great such and such is - a recipe, movie, tv show, etc. and it's really nothing. I get excited about things I love but don't force it on anyone, and I like to hear recommendations but do not tell me my life is going to change over a chicken recipe or a book like 50 Shades of Shit. If my life changes over 50 shades, it is to make me sad people are so stuipid.

When it comes to something huge like pushing moohood, they do it the best, and often actually believe they are Sainted, so young vulnerable people are buying into it.

I agree, examples like this article and all the mega-drama from womben lately is bad, bad, bad for women.
August 13, 2012
Zzelda
And - such drama can be down right dangerous.

My thought as well, except that it lead me to wonder "what if something really bad happened to the kid?" A car wreck, a dire disease, victim of a crime .... the woman would just absolutely plotz, I bet. The men in the white coats would have to come for her.
Wow, just wow.

I know one parent whose child got tattoos and they were a bit butt-hurt over it because Grandma was a Holocaust survivor and there is a big no-no about tattoos in segments of Jewish society and she felt the kid should have been more sensitive.

And even she didn't react this way, not even close. What a nut-job.
August 13, 2012
I wonder if moo would be so distraught over a daughter's tattoo.
August 13, 2012
satansbitch
I wonder if moo would be so distraught over a daughter's tattoo.

Daughter doesn't matter. Daughter's just there to complete the set, clean messes when mommy's zonked out on Xanax, defer to Golden Cock Boy, and be an outlet for moo's crushed hopes and dreams.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login