Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Posted by Ines_Emrys 
Ines_Emrys
January 18, 2006
That Ten Great Reasons list is bull****.

#6: Have another child so you (and your parents) won’t be lonely in old age.

Have obviously never been to a nursing home. Old people wondering when their kids will visit.

And #9: Have another child to counter global depopulation.

"Anyone who has traveled from coast to coast in the United States and seen the vast empty spaces should know that America is not overpopulated. In fact, the entire population of the world could live in the state of Texas, in single-family dwellings with front and back yards. Fertility rates are falling everywhere. The world’s population will never again double. If current trends continue, world population will peak by the middle of this century and then begin demographic freefall. Our long-term problem is not too many children, but too few children. Having another child will help offset the coming population implosion."

WTF? The whole world in the state of Texas... yeah right! smile rolling left righteyes:
Latrodectra
Re: #852
January 18, 2006
Yeah, I guess you could squeeze the entire world population into Texas but It'll be a tight fit and no space for homes.

I can't understand how people can not see the wold is overpopulated, these must be people who live in bum fucked nowhere with lots of land around them and don't read the news.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
Lady Cooper
January 18, 2006
So, Utah's saying that gay's can't marry because marriage is solely for procreation and women are to be subserviant?

Hey, if any of you live in Utah, I'll buy you a bus or plane ticket to Canada. A bill like that would be laughed out of Parliament. I thought it was a joke at first.
KB
January 19, 2006
That's too bad--Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is there and I've always wanted to visit. NOT NOW!
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 19, 2006
I have a ton of child-free gay friends and frankly, these people's relationships are stronger and healthier than a lot of heterosexuals I know. Of course the heteros are childed so that could be the problem........ And my gay friends would probably make better parents than the current breeders squeezing out kid after kid and ignoring them.

I've always wanted to visit Best Friends also. Too bad it's in fucked-up Utah.
KB
January 19, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a ton of child-free gay friends and
> frankly, these people's relationships are stronger
> and healthier than a lot of heterosexuals I know.
> Of course the heteros are childed so that could be
> the problem........ And my gay friends would
> probably make better parents than the current
> breeders squeezing out kid after kid and ignoring
> them.
>
> I've always wanted to visit Best Friends also.
> Too bad it's in fucked-up Utah.

You're right, KFLL--andgay people usually are willing to take on the really tough foster cases, too. In Florida gays can FOSTER kids, but they cannot ADOPT-how fucked up is that? There was a case though where these two gay men fostered a bunch of siblings and really turned them around, and of course the state wanted to take them away--the kids freaked out and a judge said fuck the state law, you get to ADOPT these kids! I'm pretty sure they got to keep them...it was a really great story.
My Aunt is a lesbian and is the most normal person that I'm related to and more normal than my husband's fucked up family. She is totally awesome.

KB
January 19, 2006
I just went and read that fucking list--unbelievable. Of course it's all based on biblical garbage, so you can justify about anything using the bible if you can get people to buy into it.
Have another kid to contribute to the ECONOMY?!?! Hubby and I have been saying that for years the gov't gives bratowners tax breaks for just that reason--gov't in this country is controlled by corporate interests so it makes perfect sense. The topper though was to "populate heaven". WTF??? What if you have a kid and it goes to Hell???????
I can't even imagine how people buy into this shit and actually believe in that crap.
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 19, 2006
About the "populating heaven" thing, I *THINK* and don't quote me on this - I'm Pagan and don't know much about x-tian stuff, I'm going off a movie I saw a few years ago called, "The God Makers," which is about Mormonism - populating heaven comes from some concept they have, that is some type of goal, I think.
Cambion
January 19, 2006
I read the "Ten Reasons to Have Another Child", and I didn't know if I wanted to heave or beat the shit out of my computer with my shoe.

"Have another child to bring joy into your life"

Apparently these retards have never seen the study about parents suffering from depression more than non-parents. Where is there joy in having children? It's joyful to change shitty diapers, be awakened late at night by baby cries, and have to deal with things like autism and ADHD (for some kids)? These people are taking some hardcore drugs if they think having more than 1 kid is joyful.

"Have another child so your children will have siblings"

This isn't a fucking good reason at all to have kids. If you've got a kid, buy them a pet to keep them company. Don't they know how much siblings fight with each other? Yeah, it's joyful to hear two brothers bickering over dumb stuff for hours on end. Parents who get an earful of this are wishing they would have thought twice about sprogging again.

"Have another child because people are our greatest resource"

There's a fucking surplus of humans in the world - it's one resource we will not soon be running out of. Our "greatest resource" will be responsible for depleting our suffering resources if allowed to continue growing so rapidly. Because of overpopulation, we're running out of stuff we really need in this world.

"Have another child to help end abortion"

How in all hell would having another child help end abortion? So you shit out brat #2...how will that change another woman's mind about aborting? This reason doesn't even make sense, but it pissed me off the most. People having kids wouldn't affect anyone else's decision to terminate their pregnancy.

Conclusion: The people who came up with that list are complete fucktards and need to be dragged out into the street and shot before they corrupt anymore minds.
Lady Cooper
January 19, 2006
KB Wrote:
> You're right, KFLL--andgay people usually are
> willing to take on the really tough foster cases,
> too. In Florida gays can FOSTER kids, but they
> cannot ADOPT-how fucked up is that? There was a
> case though where these two gay men fostered a
> bunch of siblings and really turned them around,
> and of course the state wanted to take them
> away--the kids freaked out and a judge said fuck
> the state law, you get to ADOPT these kids! I'm
> pretty sure they got to keep them...it was a
> really great story.
> My Aunt is a lesbian and is the most normal person
> that I'm related to and more normal than my
> husband's fucked up family. She is totally
> awesome.

Again, my Canuck smugness is coming through. We've even got provinces with negative population growth, and the ones that are having increasing population, a huge amount of that is immigration. There are still tonnes of breeders, but you guys make the States sound like an absolute hell. But, I dunno, here gays have the exact same rights as heteros, including marriage. Although, unfortunately, we're in the middle of an election, and it looks like the Conservatives may win, and their leader Stephen Harper is crazy right wing (more right than the rest of his party), he's thinking of re-opening the same sex marriage law. But then, he hates gays, women who want to control their reproductive rights, immigrants, the poor, the elderly, and students.

I'm going to buy one of those: "Bush needs a redneck friend up north, Vote Harper" shirts.
Feh
January 19, 2006
Yeah,the whole (white) population of the world might just fit in texas, standing, with no shelter, but it's Texas...and who the fuck would want to live there?!

And what's this b.s. about "vast empty spaces"? Doesn't their bible say that their god made forests, mountains, prairies, and other wild areas as well as us stupid humans? Don't they think that those things might be around for us to visit and enjoy, not to ruin with a bunch of crappy subdivision homes? I mean, if they seriously believed there is a god who made everything, that should also include animals and the habitat they need to live. That means to ruin their habitat and live their with your crapass minivan, 5 sprogs, stupid tan house and b.s. lawn is TO GO AGAINST GOD!!!
Some christians should use the reason their god gave them...
KB
January 19, 2006
Lady Cooper Wrote:
> KB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You're right, KFLL--andgay people usually
> are
> > willing to take on the really tough foster
> cases,
> > too. In Florida gays can FOSTER kids, but
> they
> > cannot ADOPT-how fucked up is that? There was
> a
> > case though where these two gay men fostered
> a
> > bunch of siblings and really turned them
> around,
> > and of course the state wanted to take them
> > away--the kids freaked out and a judge said
> fuck
> > the state law, you get to ADOPT these kids!
> I'm
> > pretty sure they got to keep them...it was a
> > really great story.
> > My Aunt is a lesbian and is the most normal
> person
> > that I'm related to and more normal than my
> > husband's fucked up family. She is totally
> > awesome.
>
> Again, my Canuck smugness is coming through. We've
> even got provinces with negative population
> growth, and the ones that are having increasing
> population, a huge amount of that is immigration.
> There are still tonnes of breeders, but you guys
> make the States sound like an absolute hell. But,
> I dunno, here gays have the exact same rights as
> heteros, including marriage. Although,
> unfortunately, we're in the middle of an election,
> and it looks like the Conservatives may win, and
> their leader Stephen Harper is crazy right wing
> (more right than the rest of his party), he's
> thinking of re-opening the same sex marriage law.
> But then, he hates gays, women who want to control
> their reproductive rights, immigrants, the poor,
> the elderly, and students.
>
> I'm going to buy one of those: "Bush needs a
> redneck friend up north, Vote Harper" shirts.

I'm originally from Michigan, and we would go to Canada all the time--hubby and I even considered moving there after November 2004. But as the saying goes, it's all cyclical--and Harper is quite a scary bastard. I really hope he doesn't get elected--that would be disastrous for Canada. I'm surprised he's so far ahead in the polls, but I guess people just get tired of one party rule after awhile. I hope it happens here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 19, 2006
"Posted by: KB (IP Logged)
Date: January 19, 2006 08:44AM

That's too bad--Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is there and I've always wanted to visit. NOT NOW!"

Same here!
Lady Cooper
January 19, 2006
KB, we're banking on that people will realize this week that Harper might end up PM, then they'll vote non-conservative.

Harper is scary, both in his policies and his face.
Breezy
January 20, 2006
I think (if I did the math right) the entire population of the world COULD fit into an area the size of Texas (providing that it was just solid land with no water) giving each person about 1,200 square feet of space. Then again, we'd probably have a little less now considering that the population is OVER six billion.

And that's just where you fit the people. It doesn't take into account where food is grown, where our water comes from, what to do with the waste, where to produce other goods, where to put anything that ISN'T a residence (schools, hospitals, ect.) and things like that. You COULD crowd everyone into that small of a space, but there's no way they could live.

There's a neat little experiment in a book I have at home that represents the earth as an apple, and shows how you'd have to slice it up to represent how each part of the land is being used. I think only a tiny sliver of skin ends up representing the land used to grow food for the entire population. Scary, really.
mercurior 1
January 20, 2006
in the uk gays can marry legally now, and they have all the rights as a hetero couple, elton john and david furnish got married the other week.
(i live in the UK, so we have a more liberated feeling now)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.