Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

849 Overheard at Work

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
849 Overheard at Work
January 19, 2006
This is the delusion all parents seem to have when their kids are very little. The moo's impression of her child right now is nothing more than "Hallmark Syndrome" - what 'til the kid grows up and starts to NOT be such a little angel. She'll be another moo who hates her kid being around all the time and will be sick of the haaaarrrrd job pahrunting is.
KB
Re: 854 Overheard at Work
January 19, 2006
Yup--typical of the new mommie--it's all wine and roses until the toddler years. I hear these same conversations at work myself and it never fails to make my stomach turn. What I just LOVE too is when they do start to bitch about their kids and act like you're supposed to be sympathetic. I think to myself: YOU got preggo and squirted one out, now you want ME to feel sorry for you because YOU are miserable? Forget it!
sprogless
January 19, 2006
I don't have any sympathy for them, either. Their choice, their problem. It pisses me off when I hear this shit, because while they're mooing and bleating about the joys and pitfalls of parenthood, they aren't getting any work done. If they want to chit chat, then they should do it at lunch.
Cambion
January 19, 2006
I hate it when women bitch about how hard it is to raise their kids. No one made these cows get knocked up, so they want us to feel sorry for them for a choice they made? Umm...how about no. That would be like me going and getting a tattoo and whining to everyone how much it hurts and how it cost so much to get it done. I might say it hurts or itches, but I'm not going to do it constantly to try and pry sympathy out of people. Damn moos think the world revolves around them and their cunt-devils...it's so irritating.
January 19, 2006
These moomies may want to kill their crotchdroppings when they get too old for their liking, the same way breeders have bad vets kill their pets when they don't want them anymore. After that, they can "replace" these kids with new ones.

I don't feel sorry for these moos, but I do for anyone who has to listen to this shit at work. My workplace isn't perfect, but it is free of assholes like that.
KB
January 20, 2006
catmeow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These moomies may want to kill their
> crotchdroppings when they get too old for their
> liking, the same way breeders have bad vets kill
> their pets when they don't want them anymore.
> After that, they can "replace" these kids with new
> ones.
>
> I don't feel sorry for these moos, but I do for
> anyone who has to listen to this shit at work. My
> workplace isn't perfect, but it is free of
> assholes like that.

Oh, it's a constant stream of baby-centered talking--it's really fucking unprofessional, too.
I have a theory, I'm going to start a rant about--I think that these fuckers that let their kids run all over hell and get hurt, lost, whatever, really want to ditch the kid because they hate them and had them for the wrong reasons. I think it's a subliminal/subconscious thing...
Nour
January 20, 2006
I attended a boring work conference yesterday and overheard a woman who has a kid that's almost 2 (Moo1). She was talking to another moo (Moo2):

Moo1: You know, before I had her, I had no idea how much she would take of my time. (She looks despondent.)
Moo2: I know, I know.

Pause

Moo2: But it's fun. (trying to perk up Moo1)
Moo1: Oh yes, yes it is. (Voice flat)

KB
January 20, 2006
Nour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I attended a boring work conference yesterday and
> overheard a woman who has a kid that's almost 2
> (Moo1). She was talking to another moo (Moo2):
>
> Moo1: You know, before I had her, I had no idea
> how much she would take of my time. (She looks
> despondent.)
> Moo2: I know, I know.
>
> Pause
>
> Moo2: But it's fun. (trying to perk up Moo1)
> Moo1: Oh yes, yes it is. (Voice flat)
>

Yup--sounds familiar!
And what in the hell did they think would happen?? Wait a minute, they didn't think, and that is why they had kids in the first place...

dogsrbetter
January 20, 2006
This is the reason my mom was pregnant every year for 6 years. Once the babies became people, with real personalities and real needs, outside her own, she'd have another.

A friend of mine (former friend, actually) said that the best year of her life was the one spent nursing her infant. Not the year she met her husband, they got married and honeymooned. Not when her daughter was in the ballet recital. But the year when she was totally needed, for all the wrong reasons.

It makes no sense. It must be biological, cuz it sure aint LOGICAL.
CF Scorpio
January 21, 2006
BREEDER-TO-BE PSA:

Attention Breeders-to-be:

Before you make the decision to have children, remember:

They are not dolls or toys: they are living beings that require constant attention and care. They are going to grow larger and change and develop personalities. Can you handle this? If not, buy a doll or a stuffed animal instead!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.