Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

851 Stupid Lawsuits

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
851 Stupid Lawsuits
January 19, 2006
Parents need to be accountable for their kids. NOT food companies, restaurants, schools, teachers, baby-sitters, clothing manufacturers, etc. If you child is overweight, unhealthy, mis-behaven, etc., it's 99.9% of the time the fault of the parent.
Cambion
Re: 856 Stupid Lawsuits
January 19, 2006
I agree with you, KidFreeLuvnLife - ads don't make kids want junk food. I wanted to punch my computer screen when I read that article - parents are just trying to cover up their incompetence because they can't make their fucking kids eat some celery and do stuff outside. I was overweight when I was a child, and it wasn't because of buying junk food I saw on television - it was because people let me eat like a garbage disposal.

It sickens me to no end how lazy, incompetent parents will look for excuses to shield their own failures with raising their sprogs. Also, just because kids want junk food, that means they automatically get it. Hello, breeders? Stop buying your damn kids the junk food! Are these parents really that retarded that they can't figure this out?

Next, irate breeders will be suing Nintendo and Sony for making video games because they keep the brats in the house and don't give them the chance to go outside to play, and the kids end up getting fat from sitting around like bumps on logs all day.
CF Scorpio
January 19, 2006
"Adding insult to injury, we enter the grocery store and see our beloved Nick characters plastered on all those junky snacks and cereals."

All the more reason to resist. Kids need to learn the important lesson that you should not do something just because someone you admire is telling you to do it.
KB
January 19, 2006
CF Scorpio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Adding insult to injury, we enter the grocery
> store and see our beloved Nick characters
> plastered on all those junky snacks and cereals."
>
> All the more reason to resist. Kids need to learn
> the important lesson that you should not do
> something just because someone you admire is
> telling you to do it.

And here's a tip--TURN OFF THE TELEVISON once in awhile!

KidFreeLuvnLife
January 19, 2006
Excellent call CF Scorpio, kids need to be taught to think on their own, something that their breeder pahrunts aren't teaching them.

CF Scorpio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> All the more reason to resist. Kids need to learn
> the important lesson that you should not do
> something just because someone you admire is
> telling you to do it.

Anonymous User
January 19, 2006
From the article:

"A food industry-backed group defended the companies, saying the lawsuit assumes that parents can't turn off televisions, have no control over the food they buy and can't make their kids go outside to play."

This pretty much sums up the way I feel about this whole thing.

Also, why can't parents today do what mine did? When I was a sproglina, and I'd cry and whine for something I saw on TV, and they didn't want to buy it for me, they just said NO and that was the end of it.
Feh
January 19, 2006
I agree with all of you...of course. I'm glad there's someone defending the companies, and stating publicly that the television has an off switch, kids shouldn't control the family's purse strings, and parents should exert some control over their kids.

Like you Catmommy, when I was a young snotleigh, even my hippy parents were willing to say no and even give me to ol' backside swat when I became overly insistant on having some of the sweet sweet candy of imperialism. Maybe I should ask the folks at Tanglewood, "Why can't you say no to your kids? Even when it's in their best interests? Even when it teaches them valuable lessions like 'you can't always get what you want'?" Even I know that eventually a screaming kid, when ignored, will tire, shut up and possibly even pass out.
Anonymous User
January 19, 2006
Wonder how many of the duhs and moos were hippies, but 'backslid'...

sorry about that...

not
January 19, 2006
This is another case of entitlement-minded, responsibility-shirking assholes who want big bucks. Yep, if you want to retire early, go to court with a frivolous lawsuit like this and try to win. Unfortunately, too many succeed.

If there were more judges who throw cases like this out, these gimme girls and boys would stay away from the courtroom and try a different way to extort cash.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.