Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

854 Subconscious Actions

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
854 Subconscious Actions
January 20, 2006
KB, I have thought about this as well and I agree with you. Very interesting point. Despite what they will tell everyone to their faces, I think a lot of pahrunts DO despise their children. Maybe not all of them all of the time, but there are probably many times that parents have some not-so-nice thoughts about their kids and wishing they had thought twice before sprogging. Plus, a lot of kids are just plain dumb and letting them run wild only to hurt themselves may teach them a lesson. We can only hope. At least being CF, we'll never have any of these bitter thoughts to contend with.
sprogless
Re: 861 Subconscious Actions
January 20, 2006
I do agree that some parents despise their kids. At the same time, people are just really inconsiderate of others, anymore. Their mistake is everyone's problem.
Cambion
January 20, 2006
I must concur with you guys. No matter how much parents may say they love their kids, deep down, they all despise the sprogs to varying degrees. I do think parents subconsciously let their kids get hurt at times, either to let them learn a lesson on their own, or (going out on a limb) perhaps as a form of personal revenge. If Sprog falls and scrapes his knee on the concrete, Moo might think to herself "That's what you get for throwing a tantrum in the store, you little bastard!". After relishing the vengeance for a few seconds, she goes to Snotley's aid to stop him from wailing.
KB
January 20, 2006
Glad it's not just me that thinks this way--I agree Cambion, I mean it's just human nature to a certain extent. If someone is a pain in the ass, even if it is your kid, most likely you will derive pleasure from them getting their come-uppance. Personally I don't understand how a woman can go through pregnancy and labor and love something that caused them that much pain. I seriously do not think that I could, and that is another reason I don't want kids.
Anonymous User
January 24, 2006
I think there is a limit to how many times you can tell snotleigh not to touch a hot stove. You just hope he survives the burn to learn the lesson.
Sometimes, lessons are terminal/fatal.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.