Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

873--Roe

Posted by KB 
KB
873--Roe
January 24, 2006
I read that article last night--scary times in this country, my friends. And don't think that they aren't going after birth control, too--that would be next, and in some places it is already happening. And I also read that the morning after pill has been indefinitely denied over the counter sales by the FDA due to pressure from conservative groups.
So anyone that really gives a damn about having the right to choose whether or not they want to control their own fertility they'd better fucking speak up during the next election or we're really going to be screwed, blued and tattooed!
Cambion
Re: 881--Roe
January 24, 2006
What in all hell is wrong with these people? Do they enjoy reading news articles about children being abused and murdered? Do they want to see an influx of such articles by banning abortion and refusing to give emergency contraception over-the-counter? That's what will probably happen if women are forced to keep unwanted children.

What pissed me off in an article I read about this was some Duh had his young daughter protesting with him, holding up a sign with a picture of an ultrasound of her at 16 weeks. Kids don't know what abortion is, so why force them to protest something they don't know shit about? I hope that girl grows up to be adamantly pro-choice.
Feh
January 24, 2006
I can see the future...if these fucktards stay in office more than a couple more years....forced marrage and pregnancy will be the rule of the day. We must make more americans!!! Baby macht frie!
sprogless
January 24, 2006
Yep, The fundies just want to keep us at home, barefoot & pregnant. When's the industrialization gonna start? Is there a five- baby minimum? Oh, maybe Pres. Ceaucescu-OOPS! I mean, Bush, will relax that policy a little, and well only have to have 4.
I can't even understand why abortion is an issue. Really, I don't get it at all.
January 24, 2006
"In St. Paul, Minnesota, Katie Whitte braved below-freezing temperatures outside the state capitol to march for the first time against abortion.

"This year is special for me because I am a mother out of wedlock," said Whitte, 20, whose daughter is 5 months old. "I wanted to get the message out that life is important. It doesn't matter what your circumstances are."

Whitte was among thousands of abortion opponents who rallied across the nation over the weekend, many of whom said they were heartened by Bush's choice of Alito."

">We can all become welfare moos. Puke!
KB
January 25, 2006
catmeow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "In St. Paul, Minnesota, Katie Whitte braved
> below-freezing temperatures outside the state
> capitol to march for the first time against
> abortion.
>
> "This year is special for me because I am a mother
> out of wedlock," said Whitte, 20, whose daughter
> is 5 months old. "I wanted to get the message out
> that life is important. It doesn't matter what
> your circumstances are."
>
> Whitte was among thousands of abortion opponents
> who rallied across the nation over the weekend,
> many of whom said they were heartened by Bush's
> choice of Alito."
>
> We can all become welfare moos. Puke!

Yup. Well, I was at the ENORMOUS Choice march in April of 2004--it was THE LARGEST march on Washinton EVER-over a million people! My hubby came with me, and there were tons of people with kids there. It was wonderful!
The whole thing is just disgusting--like the saying goes: Don't like abortion? DON'T HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Feh
January 25, 2006
Well, extra ammo for the tubal argument I'll get to test my new doctor with.
"Listen man, if I get pregnant because my chosen birth control methods fail and abortion is illegal, I will kill myself. That is how serious I am about NOT breeding."
That'll get me some sort of perscription I'm sure.
sprogless
January 25, 2006
Feh always looks at the bright side! Good arguement, by the way...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.