Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: child tax credit

Posted by Wendy 
Wendy
January 25, 2006
It's usually more than $500, I think. Last year my neighbor (who has a bratty, slut wanna-be 14 yo) got about 3 grand back. UNBELIEVABLE, and not far to the rest of us who work just as hard (or harder). They are pretty low-income, I think that is part of why they got so much back. EIC and head of household, all that.
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 26, 2006
I think parents should have to pay a yearly fee per kid, not the other way around. I also think the property tax structure in this country needs to be revamped. Parents should have to pay a tax for each kid to be sent to school. I pay $4800 in property tax, and why? Because of all the brats I am helping to send to school. People would stop breeding so damned much if they had to start actually *PAYING* for them!
CF VTer
January 26, 2006
I've been saying that for years...

I mean, fine, I recognize that public edumacation is A Good Thing, but I think the way it's funded could be more fair. Everyone pays a base tax and that includes one freebie kid. For each additional school-age child, the household pays more money. That's regardless of whether the kid is home-schooled or sent to private school or whatever. They pay anyway.

You've also got the government sending down mandates that fall to taxpayers to fund, so either taxes have to go up, or teachers lose out on pay and benefits and go on strike to strong-arm the public into paying more taxes. Make the parents pay more money!

I can feel a rant coming on... Serenity now...

Feh
January 26, 2006
I wish that I could get paid for NOT having kids, much like farmers used to get paid for not growing surplus crops. I mean, I'm not adding another resource sucking leech that society will need to educate, provide health care for, make new roads and water mains for, or send the feds after when it's stopped paying taxes to our corrupt government and is now holed up in it's armed compound.

I always like to say to fundies "any kid I'd have, you'll wish I aborted."
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.