Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

878 - kid with head stuck in railing

Posted by cheeselouise 
cheeselouise
878 - kid with head stuck in railing
January 25, 2006
Moomie's reaction is exactly why I wouldn't go near any brat in distress. I would've tapped Blabbermoomie on the shoulder and pointed out her kid's situation. I read others posts (not here) by good-hearted CFs who try to help brats in distress, and it makes me shudder. Stay the hell AWAY unless you want a lawsuit. Find the parunts or call the cops/CPS. We all know how breeders are nowadays!
never help anyone
Re: 887 - kid with head stuck in railing
January 26, 2006

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8485038

Imagine this. A swimmer is drowning in a swollen river when a man dives in to save his life. It happened over the weekend in San Marcos, Texas. The drowning man, who said he knew he was dead, survived. But you're not going to believe what happened next.

The hero who risked his own life to save this guy was arrested. Police said he got in the way.

Dave Newman, the hero, who jumped in to save the drowning man and then actually spent a night in jail for saving somebody's life, joined Joe Scarborough on Tuesday to talk about the crazy turn of events.

KidFreeLuvnLife
January 26, 2006
I've seen dozens of kids in precarious situations at the mall, grocery store, etc. As you're watching the drama unfold you can literally see the upcoming scenes playing out in your head before they happen. I always saunter by, smiling to myself, hoping that someone learns a lesson from it. No way am I going to get involved trying to help only to be bitched at by some moo who should have been watching her calf.
Yeah, that whole media created satanic panic about 20 years ago, and the resultant realization that most of the kids had been coorced into making false statements by leading questions is what keeps me away from all unattended children. Kids are stupid, will say anything they think an adult wants to hear, and can easily be manipulated into making up some seriously scary bullshit. Damn if I'm going to put my own freedom at risk, should something terrible happen while I'm trying to help, to assist a kid whose own parents can't be bothered to keep an eye out. Granted, I'd tell the parents or other authorities if I see some kid in a dangerous situation, but the harsh reality is that I don't trust kids or parents.

I was walking down a path next to a bunch of camp sites in a park with my boyfriend. Out of no where something runs into me from behind, and I turn around to see what the deal is. Some 6 or 7 year old kid has ridden his bike right into me, bounced off and fallen on the pavement. Now he's all tangled up in his bike and we're just asking where his campsite is, and if he's alright. His parents, hearing his increasingly shrill shrieks, come running like a pair of bears with these looks of "what the hell are you doing to my kid?!!!" I said, "he ran into me from behind on his bike, you're lucky I was able to maintain my balance" and we just walked away. But damn, the way they looked at us, you'd have thought they caught us holding a knife to his throat trying to steal his milk money so we could buy some heroin to shoot him up with. That was enough to seal the deal about never trying to protect kids I'm not personally involved with.
sprogless
January 26, 2006
In Ca., we have something called a "Good Samaritan" law. The way I understand it, if someone is in trouble, and, as a bystander, you fail to help (if you can- no one expects a person to run into a burning building,etc.), you can be charged with negligence. I believe some breeders are deliberately not watching their brats, just so they can cash in off of some poor asshole.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.