Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I openly hate my son, but its all worth it!

Posted by catharsist 
Re: I openly hate my son, but its all worth it!
November 01, 2012
Dear Duh,

When your baby mama shat a loaf life as you knew it was over. I've been on the internet long enough to see parents whine about it. Nothing you say here is going to change what we think. I've also seen this in real life. You aren't being criticized for starting a family. Your're being critcized for putting your hatred of your child on the internet for all the world to see. The internet is forever. There is nothing you can do about Google cache. There will come a day when your son will see how much you hate him. That makes me feel sorry for the kid. How about shutting up, turning off the computer for a little while, and paying attention to the kid you wanted instead of picking a fight with people who are smarter than you?

If you choose to keep posting you will learn that board wars suck. This lesson will become painful when we put your full name, home address, and telephone number on our board for all the world to see. We'll even top this off with a picture of your ugly face. You have been warned. Be gone. Before someone drops a house on you too.
November 01, 2012
By the way, DF, your wife hates you. All moo cows resent their husbands because the men can walk away from the kids and don't have to actually raise them.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 01, 2012
Aaaaand he's back. Must have a lot of time on his hands. And here I thought parenting was soooo haaaard.
November 01, 2012
electricfire
Aaaaand he's back. Must have a lot of time on his hands. And here I thought parenting was soooo haaaard.

He has free time because his cow is the one watching the demonchild.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 01, 2012
http://www.daddyfiles.com/about/

Clever Former Wordsmith Retorts:

"Duhs?" Wow. You pack of clever wordsmiths...I suppose having once been a "clever wordsmith" himself, which according to his own bio he no longer is since he traded in his press pass for a life of apparent duh-drudgery, he has plenty of time on his hands to surf the net and troll. Since he doesn't think any of us are nearly articulate as he, I'll just use this clever duddy's OWN words and make my sub standard literary commentarydrinking coffee

Having kids is like any other endeavor in life -- there's good and bad. I write about both and I've never shied away from criticism. I wouldn't call adding to over population an "endeavor" NOR would I label anything as common as the result of not using reliable birth control as a particularly intellectual "endeavor" either, although I would imagine there is "good and bad" associated with it. This guy, like millions of others like him, simply caved to the selfish urge to create a "mini me" self replicant and didn't take the time to think it through how he would have to suffer for his oh so self serving "endeavor". While the "bad" is plain for all to see from this flailing father's own words, I fail to see the "good" in it other than perhaps it gives an otherwise productive 33 y/o man the opportunity to lazily sit back, do nothing, and pretend parenthood is happy life choice for him. After all, he's the one who entitled his blog entry, "Sometimes Being a Parent Sucks". As for "..never shied away from criticism...", I'd say his trolling on a childFREE site and making derogatory commentary, with his pudgy fists out in bully style, to a bunch of strangers would pretty much prove that statement woefully incorrect.bouncing and laughing

But with so many perfectly valid reasons to criticize me, you dolts pick my decision to start a family? It's just as stupid as someone who criticizes you simply because you choose not to have kids. If you'd wander outside your pathetic little bubble for two seconds and get some perspective, you might realize that. Yes, we DO SEE plenty of "perfectly valid" other reasons to criticize you, you clever self deprecating martyr, but why even waste time searching for any additional reasons when you make yourself such an easy target? You posted clear reasons right on your own blog and with your readily available commentary RIGHT HERE, on our site. You have made yourself easy fodder for our entertainment. What's with this imagined thing about you being criticized for "starting a family"? WHY do you people think you are "starting a family" when you self replicate? Do you not have parents, siblings, grand parents, a spouse, inlaws or other relatives BEFORE your quest to fill the world with your stellar DNA? Were you a homeless man without family and no memory BEFORE you slipped up and impregnated someone? If not, then you ALREADY HAD a "family".

Hence, by reproducing you didn't "start" a family, you simply sired a child into your existing family. I have never understood why people used that phrase, "start a family" as if it's some sort of lofty thing to do, when in fact it's a self serving and rather common venture and not worthy of any fanfare and certainly not praise. As for the "bubble" you claim we are in and our lack of perspective, I can't think of any bubble which could suck the perspective out of someone much more than the cocoon you have woven for yourself.
confused smiley

And for the record, raising a kid isn't easy or fun all the time. Or even half the time. But not only is it worth it, it's also possible do it without losing yourself in the process or forfeiting everything you used to be and used to love. Your asinine assertions that kids represent dropping a nuclear bomb on who you are and life as you know it is frighteningly inaccurate. But by all means, keep talking about something about which you know absolutely nothing. Which, of course, you know all about since you left your thriving profession of a news reporter to take on the daunting task of managing a daddy blog instead along with a life filled with sleepless and sexless nights, which are YOUR words, not ours!waving hellolarious

And thanks for the pageviews. Keep em coming You are SO welcome! I'd imagine even 2 or 3 extra "page views" of your captivating Daddy-Blog would fill you with hope since your days as serious reporter are LONG gone. If you are 33 now, this means you gave up your career at age 27, probably only 3 or 4 years out of college! I am certain this impressed that "hot" wife of yours, who no doubt is still working towards a valuable career alongside men who don't wear clothes that could double as a McDonald's fry station supervisor, like your pudgy, soft bellied, pasty faced, picture depicts. I suppose one of you has to earn a living. shrug

Will started eating solids at just a few months old. He’s off the charts for height. He began walking at just 9 months old and talking wasn’t far behind. In fact, Will has been ahead of the curve when it comes to just about everything.sleeping

So why I am surprised by the fact that he has apparently hit his Terrible Two’s at 18 months old?:complaining about a brat As enticing as that sounds, I think I will pass.

I have to be honest with you guys, I can’t stand him right now. My son is awful and at various points over the last few weeks, I have openly hated him. Call Child & Family Services if you must, but it’s the truth. I realize kids can be trying, but you "hate" him? Isn't that a bit of a strong feeling to have for your own little boy? It isn't HIS fault he was born!shrug

My angelic child has gone from sleeping completely through the night to waking up 2-4 times a night. The entire reason he started sleeping through the night in the first place was because we let him cry it out. It was tough, but it worked. So naturally we tried letting him cry it out again when this rough patch began, but to no avail.You just let the poor kid scream all night long and don't even check on him? Wow, what a GREAT dad you are!bowing

He’s not just crying when he wakes up, he’s SCREAMING! He’s doing the out of breath, wailing, body racked with sobs kind of screaming for more than an hour. MJ can sleep through that, but I can’t. So I’m left with two options: 1) Let him cry it out and listen to him cry it out without sleeping, and 2) Go get him and bring him into bed with us until he calms down. Because I need sleep, I’ve been opting for the latter. Except when I put him back in his crib he wakes up again an hour later and the whole process starts all over. Now that sounds VERY entertaining and a fun way to spend the night! Listening to a kid scream out a lung OR dragging him into the marital bed. The worst part is that no matter what you do, the wailing is incessant AND your wife turns a deaf ear to it because she knows you are the patsy, since you "stay at home" now and type away on your Daddy-Blog all day. She isn't sleeping through it, trust me! She's just lying there waiting on YOU to go take care of it since you don't do anything else and can nap away all day long in between soap operas,much like the typical stay at home Moo. Your wife must be so proud. bouncing and laughing

But it’s more than the sleep issue. Will is an evil little child right now. His entire existence at this point is to test his parents and see what he can get away with. He knows right from wrong. He knows what he is and isn’t allowed to touch. But he starts doing exactly what he shouldn’t be doing in order to test us and see what we’ll let him get away with. It’s maddening and exhausting. More descriptive words not generally used by happy people.shrug

Not to mention the sheer emotion at this age is out of control. Everything is life or death to Will right now, and he reacts like his life is ending when we tell him no. For instance, he constantly wants his little stuffed monkey. However, we don’t want him to rely too much on it so we’ve cut back his monkey time to naps and bedtime. But during the day when he makes the monkey noise to let us know he wants his toy, we tell him no, that monkey is sleeping. Well as soon as he hears “no” he goes ballistic. He literally splays himself on the floor and starts sobbing uncontrollably. He screams so hard his eyes look like they’re going to bulge out of his head. It’s as if he will not survive another second if he doesn’t get what he wants. :smn

And this is how it is for every single solitary thing in his life right now. It’s beyond tiresome. To say the least!:headbrick

I know most moms get postpartum depression in the immediate days and weeks following birth. And I grant you, that’s a tough time. But I wasn’t affected by it. I think it’s because in my mind, it was a baby who had no knowledge of right and wrong or how things worked. Yeah it was tough and I was sleep deprived, but newborns are so helpless. But now? Now that kid knows some of the difference between right and wrong. He’s no longer a helpless little baby. So when I tell him no and he proceeds to slap me in the face and then giggle, it makes me crazy. No, Aaron. As effeminate as a man like yourself might have become, it's a medical and biological fact men don't suffer from Postpartum Depression and other "female" disorders and conditions. Did you check your balls to see if you had a vaginal tear after the birth too?drinking coffee

Having young kids does suck. I don’t feel like a bad parent for saying that, because it’s true. You’ve just given up all your independence and free time. You get no sleep. You rearrange your life in ways you don’t even like. You get less sex. You don’t go on vacations or have romantic weekend getaways. And you don’t have a moment off or to yourself for years. Mmmmm, while all of that REALLY sweetens the pot for your claim of it being, "all worth it", somehow I remain unconvinced, but maybe that's just me. I tend to be rather odd like that when giving up independence, freedom, free time, sleep, my career, sex, vacations, and any semblance of romance being shattered, that it makes me a bit skeptical about it being, "all worth it". Perhaps it is, one day in a few decades, but it sure doesn't look like much fun now, THAT'S for sure! God, and you have only just begun to, "start a family"! You'll be 60, at this rate, before you can enjoy any iota of a life! What happened to that part about you didn't let having a kid consume your life are we suppose to believe? Somehow, amidst all your complaints, I have forgotten.confused smiley

In short, raising young kids is like playing golf. First of all, it’s an expensive undertaking. Second, unless you’re a scratch golfer, that is one frustrating sport. If you’re an average joe on the golf course, you spend most of your day cursing your terrible shots. But then, you hit one that is beautiful, straight and ends up on the green. And that shot — that one perfect moment — is enough to keep you coming back to the course in the future. That one dangling carrot is all you have, I am afraid. Like a hole in one, those Kodak moments are extremely rare, but no one knows that better than you!:Violin

i'm a 33-year-old father and husband born and bred in Massachusetts. I have a beautiful son named Will, a gorgeous wife named MJ who is far too hot to have married me, a dog I love and two cats I put up with. I'm a smart-ass former newspaper reporter with a penchant for turning a phrase, who decided to go corporate and is now enjoying life as a content manager for a website. It sounds like you "settled" all around, from the "putting up" with pets you don't want to ending your career on this ridiculous quest to pen a Daddy Blog and be a stay at home dad without a reliable paycheck. It's no wonder you are thrilled you have a few extra "page views", even if they aren't from any of your no doubt COUNTLESS fans. shrug

This blog is not just another "daddy blog." Sure I write about my son, but these pages are a record of my life. I don't just highlight the fun milestones like first steps, I also chronicle the "other stuff." The fights, the torment and the doubt that inevitably come with being a husband and father. It's not always puppy dogs and rainbows, but it is very real. And often there is beauty in the sadness, redemption in the struggle. I don't understand why you'd thrive on rooting around for a shred of "beauty" in a pile of "sadness" or be constantly searching for a lone thread of "redemption" with struggles you created for yourself! What did you DO you feel so awful about you find the need to seek redemption through self imposed suffering, I wonder?confused smiley

Thank you for checking me out, giving me a try and sticking around for the journey. If you'd like to contact me you can email aaron_gouveia (at) yahoo (dot) com. What do you mean by, "giving me a try"? Do you have a donation button I missed? SURELY you don't expect anyone to PAY to read your garden variety daddy struggles when there are literally THOUSANDS of "woe is me" parenting blogs on the World Wide Web to be seen for free?Duh with bratsd

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 01, 2012
He's fooling himself if he really thinks the fights will stop when Junior gets older.
Just you wait til he's old enough to tell you to go fuck yourself.
November 01, 2012
Hey look, his wife IS pissed at him! (And on meds) But having a child was worth destroying her, right?

http://goodmenproject.com/good-feed-blog/please-come-back-to-me-2/

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 01, 2012
DF
I'm the author of the first blog. It's now three years later, and looking back on that post I don't take any of it back. It's exactly what I was feeling at the time. It sucked, I was frustrated, and I mostly hated it.

But now he's 4.5 and he's flat out awesome. Maybe he'll turn into a prick when he's older, but it's already been worth it. I understand it's not that way for everyone. I have friends who will never have kids (by choice) and they're the best. They're my escape when I desperately need it and I feel no obligation to push them into having kids, and I certainly don't judge them for choosing a kid-free lifestyle.

But at the same time, listening to some of you judge me for actually liking parenthood kid despite the occasional rough patch, is just mystifying. You can't understand how anyone could make this choice? Well that's fine, luckily you don't have to understand. I know exactly how worth it it is to be a dad, and your approval/disapproval is fundamentally irrelevant. I don't understand all the angst, since no one is forcing you to have a kid. I don't judge anyone for their DINK (double income no kids) lifestyle, why all the hatred towards breeders?

Sir... I am going to say this and I am going to say this once.. You are in our house. You may love being a parent and that's all fine and dandy. In fact, you SHOULD love being a parent, as it is going to be your life for years to come. But when I read your post about your son and how ass-blisteringly annoying he was and how you hated him for years, I had no clue as to why someone would choose that life. You PURPOSELY told us how bad it sucks to be a parent. Now that we are patting ourselves on the back for not choosing what you have chosen for yourself, you feel the need to become angry with us. What the matter? This isn't what you wanted? This isn't the ass-kissing you feel you deserve or something for having to deal with that issue? What an odd reaction. You.. Made an account.. On OUR site.. A site that you are NOT PERMITTED to be a part of due to your family status... To bitch about how we perceive your life choice to have children. Now, here's the crux.. If you are truly an exception to the rule of the miserable parent, then why do you care what we think? .

I don't give a damn what you think, otherwise I would have posted on YOUR site. I didn't even look for a comment button. But you deliberately showed up here and made a screen name to backpedal and assure us that parenthood doesn't suck as bad as you yourself SAID it did. That's mystifying to me. You came here to bitch about being judged. That's fine and dandy, that's what this site is about for us. This is our site. Go bitch about you issues of being judged to to your peers. As we receive more judgement from your camp anyway, so your protestations will fall on deaf ears. Be amongst your own kind. Shoo. All you have done here is made an ass of yourself and confirmed what we already know. You have done nothing but further my point. And for that, I thank you sir. Have a good day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
November 01, 2012
Wow, what a shitty life you have, DF! Was she a nutcase before ya had the demonspawn? Did it ever occur to either one of you that MAYBE with all of her mental problems, that being a mother probably isn't the best thing for her? Or did you both think that having a babby would "save" a dying marriage? Yeah, you keep telling yourself it's all worth it. My sane husband and I are going to go do some very FUN things now, and later we'll have sex. Do you remember what that is like?

~~~~~~~~~~~
November 01, 2012
drake
Did it ever occur to either one of you that MAYBE with all of her mental problems, that being a mother probably isn't the best thing for her?
We both know that it never occured DumbFuck that child rearing could exacerbate his wife's MH issues. It also probably never occured to him to investigate the heritability stats for children with at least one parent who has whatever issue his wife has. Doing something like that would mean having to pull his head out of his ass and think about how having a certified nut as a parent would actually affect Sprogleigh.
November 01, 2012
Just had another one at work. Dad saying how much he loved being a dad, how hard it was but what a great dad he was YAY ME wonderdad! Just he got mad at the kid once in while but YES HE WAS A GREAT DAD!

Then why am I flying this child to a trauma center for a Subarachnoid hemorrhage due to shaken baby syndrome you miserable POS?

The more they crow about how they love the kid and being a father the deeper I dig. Unfortunately I have yet to be wrong. That my friends is the one of the greatest tragedies of my career.

This is something the ivory tower author of the orginal post can or will never understand. What he tried in vain to put out as a joke I see routinely as the reality of family violence. I also got to see this in a support role when my DW volunteered as a court appointed special advocate for children. The parents - from all social strata - who saw the child as a possesion. They wanted custody, said how much they loved the child and being a parent yet their actions proved otherwise. I think every parent blogger should have to follow just one case through as a CASA.

Just one.

:bawl

They should also have to spend one 12 hour shift in a pediatric rehab with an abuse case.

Just one

:bawl

good daddy wants to know why I'm hard on the breeders?

just one case, just one shift.

just one...

drake
Wow, what a shitty life you have, DF! Was she a nutcase before ya had the demonspawn? Did it ever occur to either one of you that MAYBE with all of her mental problems, that being a mother probably isn't the best thing for her? Or did you both think that having a babby would "save" a dying marriage? Yeah, you keep telling yourself it's all worth it. My sane husband and I are going to go do some very FUN things now, and later we'll have sex. Do you remember what that is like?

And it's good, fun sex, not that "flinging a hot dog down the tunnel" kind of sex.
November 01, 2012
Miss_Hannigan
Hey look, his wife IS pissed at him! (And on meds) But having a child was worth destroying her, right?

OMFG! :hs Wonder Dad posts shit like THIS and then draws attention to himself on a childFREE site? He has the audacity to chastise anyone else for their dim view of his poor life choices, marvel at how his bad decisions have made him unhappy, openly state he hates his own kid and being a parent sucks, and then writes about how his life is in shambles and his wife is mentally unstable? Why in the world he made all of these very personal things public domain is a mystery to me, but WHY he thought none of us would have latched onto it after he trolled our site is undeniably STUPID.! bouncing and laughing

Straight from the pie hole of a VERY unhappy duddy, as we all suspected from the very beginning. Now though, his own "clever wordship" seals that idea, beyond a shadow of a doubt! As if that all wasn't bad enough, his blog entry here is dated on Valentine's Day of this year. I guess it's safe to assume they didn't go out and have a romantic evening and flowers and candy weren't likely in the picture eithershrug

Please Come Back to Me
FEBRUARY 14, 2012 BY AARON GOUVEIA

What to do when the woman you love is just not herself anymore? I don't know, but I am guessing that train has already left the station.:litebulb

I hate this dance we do.It starts with something small. Something barely noticeable. Sometimes it even masks itself as something positive. Like maybe you suddenly decided to clean the house from top to bottom. To the untrained eye that’s a good thing. But this isn’t my first rodeo and I know better. I know this was a compulsion you couldn’t control. An imperative mandated by the demons that echoes through the corridors of your mind until you comply. It would be fine if you wanted to make the house sparkle, but that’s not the case. You HAD to do it. Well, it's either evidence of a "manic" phase of a Bi-Polar episode OR she really did have to clean the house. In his list of interests on his bio it says when he isn't busy fanatically following some stupid sports team like an over grown child, he's working on his daddy-blog. NO WHERE does he ever mention cleaning, cooking, or childcare beyond his disgruntled commentary about having to get up in the middle of the night to quiet a kid screaming his lungs out. She probably works all day long and comes to a house in shambles, nothing but a bag of frozen peas and half empty jug of milk 2 days past it's expiration in the refrigerator, and a hyper kid who's been given too much sugar by Wonder-Dad. If she didn't already suffer from a mental illness, then coming home to this day in and day out would likely send her over the edge. shrug

I try to shake it off by rationalizing that at least it wasn’t something harmful. Like the time I came home from work and noticed your swollen hand. You told me you got so angry you just started punching the bedroom door. Nothing specific caused your anger. Which is scary. And I won’t even get into the senseless arguments we have on an increasing basis. Mmmm, NOT a good sign for a parent to be beating in bedroom doors for no specific reason, not good at all. Since he hasn't, "come home from work" since his 4.5 y/o was born, I am hoping this violent behavior is a thing of the past, at least for their child's sake I hope that. If HE is afraid of her, I can only imagine how their kid must feel.thumbs updown

The meds are losing their effectiveness. You know it and I know it. But neither of us want to admit it. This is, perhaps, the most insidious part of your condition. It’s certainly the most unfair. You work so hard to get things under control and find the right balance of medications. So many medications. It takes months and requires perfect precision. Typically, anti depressants and drugs like Lithium don't generally just up and "lose effectiveness". So, I am betting these are drugs which are addictive and require higher dosages over time like Valium, Librium,and Xanax. ANOTHER bad sign.shrug

A little of this in the morning, the other pill at night. That’s not working? OK, let’s switch the morning and evening pills. Still not quite right? Take this pill two hours after the other ones and see if that balances things out? No? OK, let’s introduce this medication in 200 milligrams. If that doesn’t work, we’ll up the dosage. What? You can’t sleep at night because you’re wired? OK, let’s cut that back to 250 milligrams and here, let’s try this medication.
It’s all trial and error and it’s all exhausting. While the doctors play with dosages and pill bottles until they find something that works, you’re lost. Not literally. I mean you’re still here in the house with me. But you’re not really you. Not by a longshot. God, what could be more depressing than being 1)Unemployed and a promising career ended at an early age to stay home and daddy- blog 2)Being the primary care giver to a kid you openly hate, and 3)Having a mentally unbalanced, unhappy, pill head for a wife? WHY did they think it'd be a good idea to "start a family", I wonder? Passing on their defective genes, knowingly bringing a poor kid into any such chaos as this, and then posting it on the web is undeniably one of THE most selfish, as it is odd, things I have ever seen!the world 'fail' on flames

You’re an irritable, worn-out shell of the woman I love. You’re angry and picking fights despite my pleas to steer clear of them. Unfortunately you need a patient, understanding man. I am neither of those things. I’m argumentative and your nonsensical rants don’t compute in my black and white world. I know you’re wrong—hell, I think you even know you’re wrong—yet you keep coming at me.NOT the most endearing things to be posting about one's spouse, that's for sure! Is this blog entry supposed to make her see the error of her ways and come running to him, arms open? I think NOT! This all sounds less like mental illness and more like serious dysfunction within their marriage. In short, it sounds like they loathe the sight of one another and NEITHER listens to or respects the other any more, AT ALL. I suppose what we are witnessing here is one of the stereotypical excuses to have a baby to "save the marriage", which ALWAYS fails, always. :bdid

You’re mad at me for meaningless things of little-to-no consequence. You’re mad at me for not letting you lie to your doctors. You just finished screaming at me because I don’t want to spend money we don’t have on converting our son’s crib to a full-sized bed, even though Will already has a twin bed. We don’t talk anymore, we battle.
And I know I should just take it and let it crash against me and wash over me like a rock against the tide. But I can’t. I’m not wired that way. The catch-22 is that I’ve begged you to be honest with me. To open up and tell me what you’re thinking. But when you do I’m horrified and hurt by the things that come out. What a bunch of horse shit. EVEN IF she has a mental illness or was perhaps diagnosed with one in the past, he is USING that against her, which is typical of bastard bully types like himself, which I am all too familiar with, unfortunately. Notice how he continually tosses in commentary about her illness AS IF everything is her fault and it is SHE who is being unreasonable. Her "lying to the doctors" has NOTHING AT ALL to do with her not arguing the way HE sees fit or for her opinion on the kid's bed situation, none at all. Yet, OUT he pulls the mental illness card, which is so common with men of this type. Like wild animals, they can sense a weakness in their prey from miles around. Then, he pesters and nags the shit out of her and WHEN she finally says what she thinks, Wounded-Boy gets his peewins hurt and is "horrified" and "hurt", like a little pussy would be expected to behave AFTER he "begged" her to say what was on her mind. GOD how I detest little shit starting cry babies like this, with a passion! angrily flogging with a whip

You want to leave. You don’t think you’re any good. You think we’d be better off without you. You consider harming yourself. You want to run away and disappear because you’re CERTAIN everyone is judging you. That particular paranoia floods your mind and heart to the point it becomes your truth, and no amount of proof to the contrary can convince you otherwise. CLEARLY she is looking for an "out" and reason to leave him AND the kid he probably demanded. Due to his sensitive nature and obvious feelings of grandeur, this approach of, "It's ALL MY FAULT so I will just leave", is actually an excellent strategy and one I have used myself in the past to more easily leave a shitty relationship. When dealing with men with these types of personalities, and they are quite common, there's no point in placing blame SQUARELY where it belongs, which is mostly on THEM, but much better for self preservation's sake to bite the bullet and take all the blame for the problems. Of course she wants to run away and disappear, who wouldn't if they were married to a loser, whining, candy assed man like that? confused smiley

But the most troubling part is you no longer want help, because help means doing the dance all over again.
Hell, I can’t blame you. To have to feel like this every few years is torture. You spend months finding the exact balance of medication that allows you to function on a daily basis. Not to make you feel great, mind you. Just enough to get by. I can’t imagine hoping that the best case scenario is that my mood will stabilize at slightly below happy. Here we go again, more predictable blaming her alleged illness on the fact that HE is the crux of the problem, SO typical.sleeping

If we get lucky, the meds work for awhile and that’s nice. It was a couple years this last time. But then it stops working and the demons return. Suddenly you have to start from scratch. And the upcoming months to find the right mix of meds might as well be an eternity. It's not the "mix of meds" causing these outbursts and longing for her to leave every few years, it's she gets a bait of his bullshit and it comes to a head every so often, that's all.shrug

And yes, I know life off the meds is enticing because you actually feel better. At least at first. But even though you feel like Superwoman off the medication, we both know it’s fleeting. You can’t live life in fast forward because you’ll crash, leading to life in slow motion. And I think we both remember how awful that is. It isn't a life off of meds this woman needs, it's life without that pasty faced whining albatross around her neck that would LIKELY do WONDERS for her mental health!bouncing and laughing

So we enter the fray once again. Not because we want to, but because we have to. It isn’t fun and I hate it. It’s 100 times worse for you and it kills me to see you struggle. But it’s important because I love you and I need you here with me. And Will needs you too. You’re his mom. You make this family tick and without you everything grinds to a halt. Typical martyr-speak, tossing in the kid as a common guilt trip tactic in a desperate attempt to keep her from leaving. This guy is text book.eye rolling smiley

My wife is in there somewhere and I want her back. I know it might only be for a year, maybe even less before we have to do this again. But it’s worth it. You’re worth it. It’s not fair that you’re saddled with this battle against yourself while your own mind tries to trick you and lead you astray, but this is the hand we’ve been dealt. And we’ll fight this battle again and again. However many times it takes. Together. Because I miss your smile. The playful flicker in your eyes. And I’d beg, borrow and steal for the return of your laugh. Well, look forward to a lifetime of indebtedness to others, countless days consisting of a Spider Monkey on your shoulder and a tin cup in your hand, and possibly some jail time because that look of love, smile, and eye flicker you yearn for is LONG GONE and won't ever come back. The sooner you learn that after respect for a man is lost and the love has died and it's OVER in the eyes of a woman, the faster you can move on. All the gold has already been panned in that barren mine.shrug

I miss my wife but she will come back to me. She has to. No, she doesn't, but she might keep coming back for a time to avoid the no doubt ugly confrontations you will attempt to inflict upon her, but the woman you married is GONE and it's obvious for anyone looking in to see that. While she MAY hang around and suffer for a few more years to avoid conflict, she'll move to greener pastures at the first available opportunity, bank on it.:Violin

Armchair Diagnosis: Typical asshole
Prognosis::mrd NOT GOOD
Obvious Solution :1wv or :smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
Anonymous User
November 01, 2012
Reading that, especially the last two paragraphs, gives me the vibe that if/when a divorce happens he'll use her illness against her in a custody battle.
November 01, 2012
I am sad for the situation between him and his wife. I know that heartbreak. But then again I never decided to bring a baby into it. Sad for their child mostly. He'll probably inherit that 'unfair battle against himself' because mummy and duhdy wanted "one of their own".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
November 01, 2012
This can't end well. She needs to kick his worthless ass to the curb and move on to greener pastures. If not, she may one day snap and Wonder Duh will end up in a big wooden box.
Which, to be totally honest with you, he rightly deserves. But I hope the wife leaves before that happens.
November 01, 2012
http://www.daddyfiles.com/marital-exercises-in-futility/

Really, all you need to know is revealed in the photo on this page. But after that....

We are both very proud, very stubborn people. We also have zero common interests outside of our family and friends.

and

“I’m gonna rip your dick off while you sleep.”

--------------------
November 01, 2012
"...You’re mad at me for meaningless things of little-to-no consequence." Says Wonder-Dad. THIS one sentence alone speaks volumes about his attitude and lack of willingness to listen OR accept any blame what so ever. This one sentence says to me the following:

1)You have no basis for any anger towards me

2)Your feelings are unfounded and/or frivolous

3)When you get angry at me it's for no valid reason and all manufactured in your head

4)Whatever I may do that causes your unfounded anger is negligible, at best

5)Your feelings, anything you think I may do to cause your anger, and your being mad in general, are of little consequence or importance to me and are meaningless and therefore, not even worthy of my time

FEW things should piss off a spouse and cause emotional distance more than being told his/her feelings are meaningless and are of little to no consequence topped off with the "your anger has no merit" defense.the world 'fail' on flames

November 01, 2012
Wow, he admitted that he picks fights with her on purpose. What a fucking asshole.

Did you guys read the post on his blog titled "Cheating"? Holy shit. Yeah, surrrrre he's not cheating. A big helping of FAIL.

~~~~~~~~~~~
November 01, 2012
Miss_Hannigan

Really, all you need to know is revealed in the photo on this page. But after that....

We are both very proud, very stubborn people. We also have zero common interests outside of our family and friends.

and

These two should never have married.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
November 01, 2012
WTF? They want ANOTHER kid?? Way to go, dumbass.

"I’ve been putting off writing this post. In part because it’s really personal, but mostly because I feel like someone has taken a proverbial sledgehammer to my masculinity, Gallagher-style.

I told you all that MJ and I began looking into IVF following our inability to either get pregnant or sustain a pregnancy since Will was born."

And of course he feels like a "half-man" because he's shooting blanks eye rolling smiley Og gotta prove his Dick Worx.
November 01, 2012
IVF? Well, if the treatments are successful and the baby is born a tard, then he'll have something else to make himself look like a hero.
November 01, 2012
Miss_Hannigan

and

God, there's MORE? This guy is making my scalpel get dull! Can anyone tell he reminds me of one of my ex husbands? The only difference being he at least pretends to exercise, although the results of his "pretend" exercise speaks for itself! I might also add that if the woman pictured actually IS his wife, she is SO FAR AND BEYOND better looking than he is it's absurd! He could never hope for better should he be cast back out onto the dating circuit, make no mistake! He may have been attractive when she first met him as there's still a glimmer of former attractiveness about 20 pounds, a few hundred missing hairs combed over to the side, and a thriving lost career later. It appears this jackass went downhill in less than a decade! bouncing and laughing

They say the key to a happy, healthy marriage is finding common ground, finding mutually enjoyable activities and enjoying time spent with one another. Apparently “they” haven’t spent much time around me and MJ. No, apparently "they" have, which is why they will likely stick to their original thoughts on the subject.shrug

We are both very proud, very stubborn people. We also have zero common interests outside of our family and friends. Seriously, we’re opposites in almost every way. She likes the beach, I like the mountains. She craves summer, I love the snow. I’m a people person who thrives in groups, she’s an introvert who gets anxious at parties. Let me guess; He INSISTS she go camping in desolate cold areas with wild animals lurking about instead of a fun filled day at a sunny beach side resort, DEMANDS she go on ski trips to Denver while refusing to even go to a pool party in the summer, AND he drags her to every single loud, former frat buddy filled, crowded and smoky "party" at every given opportunity? That'd be MY guess as this one here seems all about forcing her to do what HE wants while making ZERO concessions of his own. shrug

In fact, I can count our attempts to do things together on one hand, and none of them ended well: No big surprise there!eye rolling smiley

Bowling: When we were dating we decided to go bowling one night. Going into the last frame I was losing by a pin. And since I’m just a liiiiiiittle bit competitive, I did what any well-adjusted, red-blooded, competitive male would do in that situation — I threw a goddamn fit and kicked the ball return apparatus, causing such a scene that we had to leave without finishing the game. So technically, I didn’t lose. What an EMBARRASSMENT this guy is, not only to himself, but to his wife as well. That type of child like demonstration would have embarrassed me tooblushing

Mini-Golf: Different sport, same result as bowling. I am surprised she gave him another opportunity to embarrass the shit out of her, but going was probably easier than arguing with him about NOT wanting to go. With these types, it's usually easier to acquiesce than to protest because they tend to POUT and drone on and on and on when they don't get their way.eye rolling smiley

Super Mario Brothers for the Wii: A new version of a classic game we both love means there’s no way things can go wrong, right? Nope. The simultaneous play feature meant we affected each other’s character. Which is to say MJ kept jumping on my fucking head and knocking me off cliffs to my imminent death. It didn’t take more than 30 minutes before we were Googling divorce attorneys. You can read about that one in more detail here.
And that’s it. That’s the list. No joke. How ridiculous for a grown man to be so upset about a game! He's probably the same type who tosses his "team" clothes and caps into the fireplace when his favorite ball team loses too when he's not busy taking white shoe paint and marking scores on his back windshield or hanging "go team!" flags on his antennae. Few things are more distressing to an intelligent women than to witness this type of juvenile bullshit from a 30 y/o man who happens to be her husband. GOD how I recall the days of being SO embarrassed by this type of shit I wanted to crawl under a rock!:headbrick

Now as most of you know, after more than six months of running my ass off, my weight loss and exercise efforts have sufficiently guilted MJ into doing the same. The only problem is she hates running. I mean, HATES it! But to her credit, she’s been hitting the streets and the treadmill fairly religiously for the last few weeks.
But when I looked over her times and distances recently, I noticed her times have plateaued. In some cases she even got slower. I asked her how much she was running versus walking, and she got that pursed-lipped look on her face which translates to “I’m not gonna say because you’ll just give me shit for it.” Which I did. But instead of giving her advice and preaching at her, I suddenly had an idea. Jeez, controlling much? She'd probably be much happier doing a LONE exercise like aerobics or even running, SANS the dead weight known as her spouse. ANYTHING would be better than having HIM watch over her every move, especially considering it is HE who looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and she is the one who appears in the better shape of the two, although most any couch potato WOULD be in better shape than Porky.drinking coffee

Why not run together? I can think of ten reasons off the top of my head!bouncing and laughing

On the surface it certainly seems like a win-win. We spend time together, we exercise together, we get healthier together. MJ agreed to it, I was pumped and before we knew it we were hitting the road. And then the shit hit the fan. Yeah, she agreed after being PESTERED TO DEATH to the point that agreeing seemed like a better alternative to the relentless harassment. :smn

It started out well enough. The weather was fairly cool and we started running at a reasonable pace for MJ. The two of us decked out in our running gear, living the yuppie suburban dream side by side one Asics-clad step at a time. The plan was to get MJ used to staggered workouts which will increase the amount of time she runs and keeps walking to a minimum. I mapped out a 3.5-mile course and planned the first run for 5 minutes, thinking that was a more than reasonable time. And that’s when I realized MJ and I have very different ideas about “reasonable.”eye rolling smiley I can ONLY imagine.

She made it through the first 5 minutes, but did not appreciate my “30-second kick” rule, in which I sprint the final 30 seconds of each run phase. When we slowed to a walk I told her how proud I was of her. But instead of a high-five, I got the stink-eye and a fairly unappreciative and terse “thanks.” Thirty seconds before the 2.5-minute walking period was up, I gave her notice to start running again. And judging by the severely bitchy look on her face, that was not what she was used to. Oh God! He has little "rules" too? If he didn't have his name and photo published I would SWEAR he was one of my ex husbands:headbrick

“Are you fucking serious right now?” she said.I was taken aback, but determined to stay positive. And, I can’t lie, I liked knowing I was under her skin a little. The TRUTH comes out,finally and for once!!thumbs upwink

“I hate you right now. I hate everything about you.”....“I want to destroy you. I hate your face.”...“You’ve taken your last breath. Because I’m gonna kill you. Because I fucking hate everything about you.”“I’m gonna rip your dick off while you sleep.”..."Yup. You read that right. By the end of our run she was threatening to Bobbit-ize me. I, of course, thought it was all foreplay. I mean c’mon — endorphin rush from the exercise, gettin’ sweaty together. That should end in sex every. single. time. Without question.AFTER he makes himself out to be Rocky in training,which by all appearances he is NOT, he then tries to make himself out to be her personal trainer. He seems to think her commentary was said in jest, or PERHAPS he felt it was among her feelings that are "...meaningless and of little to no consequence". HOWEVER, if I were he, I'd keep one eye open at night! bouncing and laughing

However, my wife has the uncanny ability to only process one single emotion at a time. So while I pick fights just to make up, MJ has absolutely zero understanding of that notion. Seriously. If she’s mad, she’s mad. There’s no room for any other emotion. Which means while her threat of castration morphed into some kind of twisted sexual advance in my mind, all she was thinking about was truly robbing me of my manhood. This jackass has ZERO clue as to how much he is truly detested by his wife. The signs are plain for all to see, except for DumDum of course, but if he isn't careful he might end up with a matching set to his already ball-LESS existence.shrug

November 01, 2012
drake
you can no longer feel with your little vienna sausage.

Tea all over the screen! Heeheehee! bouncing and laughing
November 01, 2012
Good gaud, I hate this guy. I really, really hate this guy. What a goddamn pig. Sorry to any pigs I may have insulted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login