Snapped! Who saw THIS coming?
December 30, 2012
Okay, I just saw the "Donna Fryman" episode of Snapped! on Oxygen today. I was channel surfing for something to watch, I hate Sunday tv. But this woman married and then immediately shat out 3 kids in four years. She evenually loses it and shoots duh. The funny part is that most of the people interviewed blamed the shooting on the "stress" of having so many young children. But what I don't understand is why the little blessings were causing her so much stress. I mean, aren't children the best think a womban can accomplish? waving hellolarious :bedmadelie

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
Re: Snapped! Who saw THIS coming?
December 30, 2012
I just watched that episode and thought the same thing. The most wonderful things in my life aren't stressful....they can't have it both ways.
January 02, 2013
lar19
I just watched that episode and thought the same thing. The most wonderful things in my life aren't stressful....they can't have it both ways.

It can't possibly be her fault since after all, motherhood=sainthood.

JD
January 02, 2013
In the greatest percentages of spousal murder, so great in fact I'd put it at nearly 100%, there are nearly ALWAYS kids involved, always. Rare is the news story of a couple without kids murdering one another, VERY rare indeed. Given that the typical variable in spousal abuse cases is the presence of children, it would seem rather obvious to the casual observer kids MIGHT be the cause of this type of violence. I don't mean it's their faults or anything, but certainly having kids contributes to the violence commonly seen between married couples. On that "Snapped" show, I can't recall any spousal murders that didn't happen after the sluicing began including the dentist who ran over and killed her husband with her Mercedes, the woman who administered succinylcholine to her husband and then staged an "accidental" death, and the woman who stabbed her husband over 100 times, hid his body, and then later claimed self defense. I can think of NO spousal murders where the female victims were NOT Moos.shrug

Therefore, there is a distinct correlation between spousal violence and sluicing.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login