Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

:rolleyes2 Lame Alert: Pull-Ups Ad Campaign Celebrates the "First Flush"

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/04/business/huggies-pull-ups-ad-campaign-aims-to-celebrate-toilet-training.html?ref=business&_r=0

FOR parents, milestones worthy of commemoration in a young child’s life can include the loss of a first tooth or the first trip to the barbershop. Training a child to use the toilet, however, is often met with much less enthusiasm.

An ad campaign by the Kimberly-Clark Corporation urges parents to celebrate their child's progress in toilet training.

To market its Huggies Pull-Ups training pants for toddlers, the Kimberly-Clark Corporation has opted for an advertising campaign that focuses on celebrating that first flush with fanfare in the hope of making the potty training process more enjoyable for parents and their children.

“Moms don’t look forward to potty training,” said Pete Sawin, the brand director for Pull-Ups at Kimberly-Clark. “Many of them procrastinate and put it off. They start training well after their kids are ready to.”

For a television ad for English-speaking mothers, Ogilvy cast a family with a child who was about to go through toilet training, not actors, said Dave Metcalf, group creative director at Ogilvy. The ad, which was shot in Vancouver, features a toddler who flushes the toilet at his parents’ encouragement and then hears a commotion outside the house.

The family opens the front door and sees a parade celebrating the child’s first flush, replete with floats, acrobats and a marching band. The family was not told about the parade, Mr. Metcalf said, so their reactions of surprise were genuine. For production reasons, however, the home where the ad was shot was not the family’s real home. A second video showing the making of the commercial, including snippets from the casting call for the performers and the family, will be posted online.

To further engage children and their parents in toilet training, a mobile application called the Pull-Ups Big Kid App includes a timer for parents to remind their children when to use the toilet, articles and tips about training, videos, celebratory songs, calls from Disney characters like Rapunzel and Mickey Mouse and a reward system that gives a child a star for every attempt at using the toilet. Once a child has gotten a certain number of stars, the app offers 3-D games that can be played on a tablet or mobile phone.

I saw the commercial mentioned in the article a couple times today and of course had to come here to post about it as soon as I could.

This is a short video which shows how the Big Kid App works:

If I already didn't want to have kids, stuff like this is what would put me to the CF side. Why does mastering the "art" of pissing and shitting in the toilet have to be such a damn production? It's a normal part of life.
Re: :rolleyes2 Lame Alert: Pull-Ups Ad Campaign Celebrates the "First Flush"
January 06, 2013
Corporate Stooge
“Moms don’t look forward to potty training,” said Pete Sawin, the brand director for Pull-Ups at Kimberly-Clark. “Many of them procrastinate and put it off. They start training well after their kids are ready to.”

Could you imagine having to discuss such shit with a straight face?

To further engage children and their parents in toilet training, a mobile application called the Pull-Ups Big Kid App includes a timer for parents to remind their children when to use the toilet, articles and tips about training, videos, celebratory songs, calls from Disney characters like Rapunzel and Mickey Mouse and a reward system that gives a child a star for every attempt at using the toilet. Once a child has gotten a certain number of stars, the app offers 3-D games that can be played on a tablet or mobile phone.

Celebratory songs?

Here's a Low Tech App: Tell the kid: You'll pee and crap on that toilet or you'll be tied outside naked like a goat and you can shit out there like an animal and people can point and laugh.
I'm sorry, but if you're celebrating the location of a fecal deposit with that much gusto, your life is beyond pathetic.

I can't imagine having so little intellectual stimulation, so little real enjoyment in my life, that I would celebrate something like that.
I definitely will post the commercial here as soon as I see it up on YouTube (wasn't there when I checked). The whole thing was so ridiculous I thought it was a joke.

I think the Facebook page might be worth looking at for a laugh: http://www.facebook.com/pull-ups

My son turned 2 in August, and i think we are ready to start potty training. Problem is this, i am a single mom, i do not pee standing up. If he sits down he ummm...points up. I can not find any cool alerts around here. I can tell when he is pooping so we run to the bathroom. Yesterday he told me poop poop poop, of course he told me while we was driving down the road, and he did poop. But at least i think he has got the picture almost that poop goes in the potty.

I think today is the day to take potty training on full force my lil guy (he is 20 months old) woke up completely dry and wanted to use the potty this morning!!!!!

my son is 29 months old. we started potty training yesterday with some ups and downs. he has already been going pee on the potty for quite some time.. but my son doesn't talk like a lot of other 29 month old children.. he is a very lazy talker. so he doesnt tell me when he has to go. i always need to ask him or just put him on the potty.. he went poop and pee a lot yesterday on the potty. and now today he had an accident.. he normally has 2 poops a day all of them are right after his meals.. so i just put him on the potty.. any other ideas of how to make it easier on him for potty training? and for him to not get frustrated if he doesnt poop.

Just scheduled a house party play date for my parents group! All around 2 year olds just itching it use the potty smiling smiley. Our first attempt went okay, but I noticed my daughter just stopped peeing by the end of day 2 (went about 4 hours without going and went as soon as we put a diaper on her - I'm sure she was holding it). Is this a sign that she wasn't ready? Do kids do this because the pressure of potty training is too much? Wouldn't surprise me one bit! - RJM It definitely worried me and we decided to try again mid-Jan after her 2nd bday.

There's also a lot of comments from people moos that hosted or are going to host Pull-Up parties. I think that might be more pathetic than just celebrating the first flush.
Are you kidding? I'm thrilled by this news, because I can now design "First Potty" party invitations, posters, banners, cards, placemats, t-shirts, and commemorative toilet rolls for my Etsy shop.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
What a fucked up society we live in, if people are raising kids who expect confetti and an orchestra every time they shit.
Then again, with shit-flingers and tards becoming more prevalent, maybe these idiots have some sliver of a reason to celebrate. shrug

In addition to Miss Hannigan's signature's request for more barf smileys, I demand shit-flinging tard smileys, too. I haven't found one yet, though.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
January 06, 2013

What a fucked up society we live in, if people are raising kids who expect confetti and an orchestra every time they shit.
Then again, with shit-flingers and tards becoming more prevalent, maybe these idiots have some sliver of a reason to celebrate. shrug

In addition to Miss Hannigan's signature's request for more barf smileys, I demand shit-flinging tard smileys, too. I haven't found one yet, though.
waving hellolarious I spit my coffee reading this!

Do you think this could be one of the classic threads becuase it is like the one for "diaper need"?
When I search for "pull ups first flush" on Google, this thread is on the second page of results so I'm sure this thread will get unwanted visitors if it ever shows up on the first page.
Can I just say that I love "Lame Alert"? waving hellolarious
This advertising campaign is so full of SHIT (*rimshot*) because we KNOW the corporate mongoloids at Pull-Ups don't WANT people's ill-trained little sperm omelettes learning how to use the TOILET, but instead want to keep them in those overpriced, ridiculously unhygienic landfill loogies until the end of all fucking TIME.
toomanybrats
Can I just say that I love "Lame Alert"? waving hellolarious

Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou :biggrin2

Also, I did the same Google search with a dash between "pull" and "ups" plus did it without the quote marks, and this thread is on the first page. Since I imagine anybody looking for info would do a search the exact same way, I'm more confident than before that we'll have unwanted visitors soon.
During my search, I came across a moomy blog where the moo who writes it talks about being a "First Flush House Party Ambassador":

http://mamanyc.net/2012/12/pull-ups-potty-training-pants-first-flush-party/

There was reason to celebrate for our family yesterday, but it had nothing to do with the holidays. My son successfully used the potty for a bowel movement. I never would have thought that such a celebration could result after a child used the potty, but we were elated and jumped for joy! After nearly 2+ years of trying, I was finally able to convince my son that it would be "okay" to use the potty for pooping. Honestly, I have to attribute his recent victory to Pull-Ups and some great tips that I picked up through conversations and advice-filled articles on the Pull-Up’s "First Flush" party page on Facebook!

We’ve been struggling to potty train our 3 1/2 year old for a LONG time, which hasn’t been easy as my son shows very little interest in trying. We haven’t seen any sort of pattern except for sporadically lucking out with a good potty use here and there. My son had only attempted to use the potty when he had to go #1, but that all changed yesterday.

He’s stubborn and has a book full of excuses as to why he can’t complete the task. My son is very honest and upfront when it comes to why he couldn’t make it to the potty. Just the other night he told me that he was too busy playing with his toys, so he wouldn’t have time to use the potty. Oh.. the joys of parenthood!

But not having to deal with diapers anymore is short-lived because...

The party will happen in mid-January, which will actually be less than 1-week before we welcome our second child into the world. My little girl will be born on January 22nd, so our "First Flush" party comes at a great time. I want to give my son a reason to celebrate and feel great about his achievements as we want him to know and feel the "big brother" roll that he is about to take on. January is going to be a BIG month for our son with lots of reason to celebrate.

I think it would be funny as hell if she goes into labor during the party.
randy johnson's mullet

The party will happen in mid-January, which will actually be less than 1-week before we welcome our second child into the world. My little girl will be born on January 22nd, so our "First Flush" party comes at a great time. I want to give my son a reason to celebrate and feel great about his achievements as we want him to know and feel the "big brother" roll that he is about to take on. January is going to be a BIG month for our son with lots of reason to celebrate.

I think it would be funny as hell if she goes into labor during the party.

Even funnier if she gives birth on the shitter.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

She probably will go into labor during a Pull Ups party. After all, these women have their babies anywhere but the maternity ward.

And what is all this "my son is 3.5 years old and doesn't have much interest in the potty"? Is that something to brag about?

Let me guess, when he is a teen, he will be too busy working on the car/playing a guitar/out on a date/studying to use the potty? Why be smart if you are going to be smelly?:headbrick
Another comment from the Pull-Ups FB page:

This will be by far the best house party for me!!! My daughter of course got hers with the fisher price but lets hope this gets her to learn it's okay to poop on the potty.. we got the pee down after a year just no poop she still insist on pooping in her hands and bringing it to me.. Her first pee was at a walmart how crazy we were getting the pull ups and she said no mommy i need to pee pee.. Loved it!

two faces puking
I googled Pull-Ups first flush, it seems that most of the moos who plan on throwing potty training parties are calling themselves "First Flush Ambassadors."

face saying 'error'r
The following is something Electricfire wanted to post but wasn't able to:

A truly heartbreaking tale about a little girl named Electricfire who (sniff) didn't get a party for her first flush.
All she got was a (sob) popsicle. Can you believe that? Little Electricfire's mother didn't think she was spaysiel enough to get a party for shitting in the toilet! Isn't that awful?
Note, I say the above story with sarcasm. Back then my favourite treat was a chocolate popsicle, and every time I used the toilet I'd get one. And every time I shit my pants I got in trouble.
These cows will go to any lengths for a gift grab and utter rubs. Entitled cunts, the lot of them.
January 11, 2013
Civilization is circling the drain and going right down the toilet.
January 11, 2013
The kyd is 3 1/2 and hasn't learned how to use the toilet yet? WTF is WRONG with these lazy fucking Moos? I was was trained before I was 2 years-old. But an almost 4 year-old toadler is still shitting in it's pants? These cunts are the laziest fucking sows on this planet. There is NO excuse not to have the brat trained before the age of 4. saying 'wtf'

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
I used to live with a moother of a two year old (don't ask). I rented a room from her. I remember she tried with him with potty training...she really did. But he insisted on shitting himself. One day she just lost it and screeched "stop doo dooing on yourself!" By the time I moved out, the brat was over the age of 3 and still shitting himself. It's not always a case of the parent not trying. The child was intelligent in other ways. He had an excellent memory and a great vocabulary. But he just could not make the doo doo/potty connection. I am just glad I don't have to deal with this shit.
cassia
Civilization is circling the drain and going right down the toilet.

But cassia, that is the problem, it's NOT going down the toilet. It is ending up on parking lots, landfills, between sofas, in cars and in amusement park rides. At least parents in rural areas can save on having the septic tank pumped out.
peace-n-quiet
I used to live with a moother of a two year old (don't ask). I rented a room from her. I remember she tried with him with potty training...she really did. But he insisted on shitting himself. One day she just lost it and screeched "stop doo dooing on yourself!" By the time I moved out, the brat was over the age of 3 and still shitting himself. It's not always a case of the parent not trying. The child was intelligent in other ways. He had an excellent memory and a great vocabulary. But he just could not make the doo doo/potty connection. I am just glad I don't have to deal with this shit.
waving hellolarious

Maybe I have a weird sense of humor but I can be depressed and then I come to this board and get a laugh. I guess if I actually were a parent, if I did not laugh I would cry.
For the lucky ones that haven't seen this commercial yet, get ready to roll your eyes so hard they'll fall out of your sockets.

If I were the people in the parade, I would be so embarrassed to be associated with this. The "Eli" balloon is also creepy as hell.
Parents celebrate that a kid is housebroken, but not weaned. He can use the toilet on his own, but he better not switch from breast to real food. Uh, huh. They want the kid to grow up if the kid's actions are inconvient, but not if they see the actions as empowering their own narcissism. Typical breeder hypocrisy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login