Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FUCKING brats (warning for animal death)

Posted by canadiandragons 
FUCKING brats (warning for animal death)
January 20, 2013
So, as some of you may have guessed from my username and avatar, my hubby and I are avid reptile keepers. Our most recent baby was a juvenile female bull snake. We only got her last week. She didn't even have a name yet.

This morning, when we got up, she was acting strange, gaping her jaws and writhing. We immediately scooped her up and brought her to the reptile shop down the street. The owner is a friend of ours and an expert in all things cold-blooded. I was pretty dismayed to get there and see there was a father with three kids already there, but in my distress I dismissed them pretty quickly.

It turns out the little bull snake had a badly broken jaw (it may have previously been fractured, we're not sure), and she had to be put down right there and then. I spent about twenty minutes hiding in the basement, sobbing my eyes out, before I could face going back upstairs and dealing with people.

As my husband and I are thanking the store owner for helping us and for putting our poor baby out of her misery, the smallest kid, a boy of maybe six or seven, popped up in front of me and said excitedly, "That snake? He died!"

He is so lucky I didn't whack him across the face right there. As it was, I must have looked pretty fucking scary, because the minute I turned on him his smile disappeared. "Yes," I snarled. "she died. That was my snake, and she died." And then whirled to leave the store. As I did, I heard my husband snapping at the father, "Jesus, somebody obviously didn't teach him any manners."

At home now with alcohol and dope, slowly calming down, but every time I think about that excited grin on that fucking little bastard's face, I get angry all over again.

Thanks for giving me a place where I can vent.
Re: FUCKING brats (warning for animal death)
January 20, 2013
I'm sorry about your snake. I think it's amazing that you care for exotics.

I don't know why children are so fascinated with dead animals. Seems sociopathic to me.

When the time is right, I hope another bull snake gets loved by you.
January 20, 2013
I have a very sweet girlie snake, so I understand and am very sorry on the loss of your baby girl. They are very lovable little creatures, and I know how you are feeling.

You were much nicer to the brat than I would have been. At least you wiped the grin off its face. And your DH was awesome with what he said to the breeder.

Again, I am sorry, and I hope you find another cute baby soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
January 20, 2013
There was a time parents taught their children not to be unmannerly brats. I was always taught to not walk up to strangers and talk to them unless I was in an emergency situation and needed help. What a jerk of a child.

I am sorry about your snake.
Anonymous User
January 22, 2013
That sick fuck. Kid's gonna grow up to torture animals. I hope they didn't take any of them home that day.

Good on your DH for standing up to the duhdy. I don't blame you for walking away. Sometimes it's a choice between that and prison time when people say and do disgusting shit like that.

I'm sorry for your loss, but that snake girl was lucky to have someone who tended to her needs so quickly, even if that need was incredibly sad and difficult.
January 22, 2013
I'm sorry you had to deal with such a crass little bastard when you were already having a hard time. I also hope someone whacks the little sociopath upside the head hard enough to make his teeth rattle and his ears ring.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login