Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A bar to avoid like the plague

Posted by Valkyrie 
Valkyrie
A bar to avoid like the plague
June 09, 2005
Yeesh! That is beyond awful! Have you sent in a written complaint to their corporate headquarters?

For that matter, what was a kid doing at a bar to begin with? It's a bar fer crissakes! Okay, I've never been there but aren't bars where you get served alcohol and get drunk? Am I missing something here?

I also wanted to add that you were very brave to stand up to that jerk like that. And you should not have to take crap like that! Fight the power!
AbracaDeborah
Re: A bar to avoid like the plague
June 09, 2005
The thing is, I've BEEN bitching about this to corporate - this is the fourth time running that the Holy Family has been there.

It has been suggested that Duhd got in my face because he was told about the complaints and who made them.

Texas and many other states allow kids in bars. I'm conducting a little crusade all my own to try to change that.
CF Uter
June 10, 2005
Sorry to dis your home state, but Texas is weird. Who or what government body would want to ALLOW kids in bars?????
AbracaDeborah
June 10, 2005
It's not just Texas, hon. And, I'm from Illinois originally, so got to agree that much of Texas is just plain fucked up - although I do like being able to carry a gun.

Alaska. Arizona. Massachusetts. Michigan. Wisconsin...all allow kids in bars.

There are probably others. I haven't finished trying to unearth the info from the Net, and several states don't even have that information online.
anonynow
June 10, 2005
I am really confused by the rant. Why did this guy start yelling at you about taking pictures of his kid? Did YOU take the pics? Or were you posing with the kid? And why was he upset at that?

I am missing something here I guess.
AbracaDeborah
June 11, 2005
Okay, we'd been bitching to corporate for ages, and their policy, they said, is no kids after sundown. So. My drunk ass, on the 3rd visit, ran into Dud and Sprog, was handed the baby to coo over, and I asked someone to get a pic (wanted it to send to corporate to prove that this shit's going on).

On the next visit, he got in my face about it, which I found odd considering he'd had no problem with it the last time.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.