Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Running on toes

Posted by Guest 
Running on toes
February 25, 2006
Did you know that running on toes is a sign of autism? You might mention that next time this woman attributes the behavior to his future as a sprinter.
Denise
Re: Running on toes
February 26, 2006
Is it running on toes, or walking, too? I know someone who does that, and that person is an adult. I think they were doing that all their lives.
February 26, 2006
Yes, I think walking on toes is a sign of autism. That's not to say that all who do it are autistic, but in a 2-year-old it would certainly raise a flag, I'd think. I'd certainly mention it to his doctor, but it sounds like this woman is completely single-minded about the symptom.
February 26, 2006
why is there so much my kid is autistic, my kid is sick or other things, when kids are kids, i walk on my toes now, only coz i have broken ankles and the tendons. i know someone with shortened achilles tendons, they walk on their toes.

a lot of this my kid is autistic is a sympathy vote.

if you read up on all the types of autism you will find you are , i am, hell everyone on this planet is technically has some form of autism. http://www.msnbc.com/modules/newsweek/autism_quotient/
check yours out

i did some audio tests when i was very young i had a speech problem, and i was diagnosed as profoundly deaf, i wasnt i just zoned out as the people where playing silly games, and i didnt want too.

Denise
February 27, 2006
That makes a lot of sense, Mercurior. I took that test just for fun, and I scored 40. Lordy, LOL. I just don't care to be around people all that much. They mostly bore me IRL, especially breeders, LOL.
Lady Cooper
February 27, 2006
Heh, I scored 12.

I'm proud of talking to strangers!
anonymous guest
February 27, 2006
I seriously hope that test isn't supposed to be serious. If it is, it's definitely a waste of research time and money. A lot of questions are very subjective and don't even relate to autism at all (as a result of such questions, I got a 32.) And it even mentions "if you're concerned about your score, go see a doctor." Yes, sure, I'm going to see a doctor about some score from a subjective test in magazine.

However, I am concerned about this test--a breeder might take it and get a really high score. As a result, they'll say that they are autistic. Then, they may say that it is genetic, and try to say that Bratley and Snotleigh are autistic, and do what Mercurior said: use it to get sympathy and attention. Ugh, the possibility of this happening just because of the way breeders are is very likely.
CF Scorpio
February 27, 2006
I guess I'm autistic then. I walked on my toes when I was a child.
February 27, 2006
"...use it to get sympathy and attention."

At least in the US, it also "entitles" you to taxpayer-subsidized child care... Yeah, uh huh...
CF Uter
February 27, 2006
Yeah, I didn't know what to say about somethings on the test. I used to be a really social person, but as I get older, even tho I would like to socialize more in theory, I don't like what people talk about anymore, i.e., their kids, grandkids, wannabe kid-laden people, B O R I N G! Or, their home improvement projects ad nauseaum, or if I do make friends, I find out that no one ever can make a commitment to a "date" for an outing, event, etc., so I have basically given up on socializing a lot and have turned inward, concentrating on what I'm interested in. I don't think I'm suddenly autistic b/c of that.
KidFreeLuvnLife
February 28, 2006
I never heard this but I remember the little brother of 2 friends of mine. He always ran and walked on his toes. I don't think he is autistic but he did grow up to be a really strange little fellow. I doubt it had anything to do with the toes thing, though. Others I knew from school who walked on their toes were actually really intelligent people. I came across an article once that told how you can tell a lot about a person's personality by the way they walk.
February 28, 2006
i stalk, i walk very quietly, i have many timed scared people by "creeping" up on them when i just walked normally.

there seems to be too much oooh my kid must be sick or autistic or whatever as an excuse for the parents incompetence in bringing up the kid, or they use it as a sympathy card.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.