Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Formerly-Decent Food Blogger is Sliding into a Smug Mawmy Blogger

Posted by bell_flower 
Formerly-Decent Food Blogger is Sliding into a Smug Mawmy Blogger
June 27, 2013
I used to like Orangette. I even bought her book. It had SHORT vignettes about her life and okay recipes. I forgave her for being Shaumoo's air-kiss friend.

So she's not as bad as Shauna, (but that's a high bar of smug and stupidity) but I'm becoming increasingly irritated by her blog's slide into Hipster Moo. I submit for your consideration:

1. The post partum depression post, where she looks for udder rubs.

2. She made reference to the "baybee I never thought I wanted," because nothing says Breeder like "oopsie" or an
abrupt change of mind after marriage.

3. Gratuitous pictures of the sprog everywhere.

4. She took her 7 month old on a plane trip (why?) and wrote this about the trip:

'But if you're on our plane, I would like to apologize in advance: June is chatty, and by chatty, I actually mean screechy, shrieky, chirpy, gargly, and generally deafening. It's totally adorable, and then you lose your hearing."

No mention of a strategy to try and spare her fellow passengers from this "treat."

5. Her most recent entry is the last straw. She mentions visiting a friend and casually says they watched her sprog "torture the family cats."

Ug. hitting over the head with a hammer

eta: I don't want to direct link but google "orangette blog."

--
Sorry, I'm new to this board. Who is Shauna? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Google Gluten Free Girl. That's Shauna. She's a former food blogger turned mommy food blogger who makes up stories about her developmentally delayed daughter and makes her part of her "brand."
Re: Formerly-Decent Food Blogger is Sliding into a Smug Mawmy Blogger
June 27, 2013
Yep,,lots of pics of that bloated crotch worm. Sad.
OMG, I think she's even worse than Gluten-Free Girl. She did one post with at least 5 pictures of her beastly-looking kid...and no recipes. Who reads this crap?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Her kid looks like a bloated little troll. it may be even more horrid than Loo.
June 28, 2013
"...Brandon and I came up with June's first name over a year ago, when we were still only thinking about becoming parents. Neither of us really remembers where the idea came from, though I think we borrowed it from June Carter Cash. June's middle names come from two of my mother's siblings. Elizabeth was my aunt Tina's formal first name, and Alexander was the middle name of my uncle Jerry, who died of AIDS when I was nine. I like knowing that Tina and Jerry will always be with her now. Especially Tina, who wanted so much to meet her. I hope they got to wave to one another as they passed, Tina leaving and June arriving.":crz

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
As far as I'm concerned, all moo-food bloggers should be cunt-punted into the sun.
mumofsixbirds
As far as I'm concerned, all moo-food bloggers should be cunt-punted into the sun.

SO VERY MUCH THIS!!
June 29, 2013
I always figured with Orangette it was only a matter of time. The eventual outcome is So Very Predictable.
June 29, 2013
Last night, it occurred to me that I had inadvertently neglected to write down something important: that June’s head smells like strawberry jam. I’ve thought about it for a long time, trying to make sure that was it, and now I’m certain: not strawberries, but strawberry jam.

:drool

Do any of these mommy bloggers have any intellectual interests? Any good meaty books they're reading (not cookbooks)? So vapid. I can see why she's BFFs with Shauna.

..........................................................................................................................................................
Established tiling methods are for unlambent nonbreathers filled with tiny rage.--CrabCake
Oh, this is Molly Wizenberg, yes? It was only a matter of time, really. Even if they say they'll never mention their kyd (not looking at anyone in particular, Shauna), moos just can't stop themselves from injecting their goldenspawn into every stupid thing they do.

Then again, if it's your biggest achievement in life...

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

June 30, 2013
Snark Shark
"June’s head smells like strawberry jam"

how much time does she spend SNIFFING A LOAFS HEAD??? WEIRDO!!!:eyebrows

I hate it when Moos sniff their kid's head, which they do quite a bit. I have heard some of them claim it has a "new baby smell", seemingly never crossing their minds it's the fucking baby shampoo NOT the thing's head they like to smell.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
Snark Shark

Bahaha! Head sniffers!

About as intelligent as window lickers and leg humpers!
June 30, 2013
kidlesskim
Snark Shark

I hate it when Moos sniff their kid's head, which they do quite a bit. I have heard some of them claim it has a "new baby smell", seemingly never crossing their minds it's the fucking baby shampoo NOT the thing's head they like to smell.eye rolling smiley

Makes me think of "new car smell." I wonder if they have a new baby spray for when the kid turns one and they smell starts to fade.

I always thought it was baby powder that the moos were sniffing but I guess it could be shampoo. It is certainly not sour milk, shit, and pee that is the kid's natural state.
I've never liked the smell of babies, they smell like piss and vomit. But I do know that the smell of a kitten's head is like crack cocaine - it just smells cute, somehow. Maybe piss and vomit smells cute to moos?
June 30, 2013
Snark Shark
kidlesskim
Snark Shark

if it's really a NEW babby, maybe they're smelling their VAGINA SMELL. bouncing and laughing

EEEeeewwwww. Along this same subject matter of the kid sniffing moos, I have seen them lift up a loaf and smell it's ass to see if it's taken a dump AND I have seen them smell it's diapered crotch too. I am sorry, but can't they smell that stench WITHOUT getting their noses right up in it? I can smell when one of my cats takes a dump in the litter box from the other side of the house and through several walls.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login