Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

School taxes

Posted by Annie 
Annie
School taxes
March 02, 2006
I worked in a literacy council for a number of years in Arkansas, and it was appalling to find out how little the kids in the public schools were taught.

Ever since I moved to this state I've voted no on school taxes. They've continued to throw money at the problem (and the Supreme Court even stepped in and demanded equal schooling for students) but that hasn't helped one iota.

Then you look at many of the braindead parents these brats have and you understand the real reason.

If I could afford it, I'd move to another country.
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: School taxes
March 02, 2006
I think the root of the education system starts with a lot of teachers (not all), and kid's pahrunts. I have been in several social situations where I've heard teachers boasting the fact that they make killer money, have great hours, great benefits, and once they are tentured, can't get fired for practically anything they do. And they joke about the half-assed job they do teaching AND the fact that they can keep going back year after year demanding more perks because they know they will get it. Yea, this was great to hear. My tax dollars hard at work. And we already know the story about bad pahrunting. Teachers unions should be dissolved and the teachers with this attitude should have to earn their way through their job just like the rest of us do. If bad teachers did a better job and the pahrunts did a better job, we wouldn't have to keep throwing so much money into our school system.
Anonymous User
Re: School taxes
March 02, 2006
What the heck can you expect from Arkansas? I don't know where they rank now, but I heard that Gov Bill Clinton took it from #49 to #50.
I am for dissolving teacher unions, that's for sure.
I remember reading some years back where some Texas multi millionaire (can't remember the city) offered to pay tuition for ANY child WHEREVER the parent wanted them to go. The ones who griped, moaned, bitched, and created a stink? The teachers unions. Shows how much the teachers unions really wants the little suckers educated. They are more interested in the money.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.