Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rant #371 - VT Brewers Festival

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Rant #371 - VT Brewers Festival
June 30, 2005
That sucks, CF VTer. I know what you mean, though. There used to be a New Hampshire Brewer's Festival, held at the Strawbery Banke Museum in Portsmouth. They haven't had it in a few years, in large part because the tight-assed bint who ran the museum decided that a beer festival was not *family friendly*. Kids were allowed at the brew-fest when it did exist, and they even had kiddie entertainment.

You may want to consider going to the Maine Brewers' Festival, which is held in Portland on the first Saturday in November. Go to mainebrew.com for more details. This is a kick-ass event, with lots of good brews, bands, and best of all...NO ONE UNDER 21 ALLOWED!

Catdaddy and I go to this every year, in fact, we've already booked our hotel room for this year, within easy walking distance of the event. That way, we can both drink and not worry about who's going to drive home. We're just waiting for the tickets to go on sale in August!

We always enjoy hanging out near the front doors a bit, where there is always at least one breeder couple trying to bring in a baybee in a backpack or stroller. The breeders will always moo and low about how they could not find a sitter, and that the baybee will not be drinking any beer, but the staff members stand their ground and refuse to admit them. It is very entertaining, and we always get a good laugh at these morons' expense.
**The breeders will always moo and low about how they could not find a sitter, and that the baybee will not be drinking any beer, but the staff members stand their ground and refuse to admit them.**

Great argument: The baybee won't be drinking!
Hilarious!
CFArtemis
Re: Rant #371 - VT Brewers Festival
June 30, 2005
I really love brewers' festivals also. I like them because I like trying different types of beer. I go to have lots of the thimble cups and not to get drunk. In fact I have even been known to 'spit' as one does at a wine show (which I also go to).

However I have found either one of two disadvantages about these festivals. The last one I went to had (lots) of women in bikinis strolling around giving advertising promo stuff to the men. The men were catcalling and asking the women over and trying to chat them up. There were also drunk men trying to pick up there.

I went to try the beer - not get sleazed on.

I just wish that beer was 'gender neutral' - that it was understood that women drink it too and that women were not used as an advertising lure.

The other disadvantage is one commonly experienced at wine shows - of the megastroller parked infront of the stall with the parunts being unwilling to move it so that other people can taste the beer (wine).

From time to time I have been to an adult event where women were not treated as meat and there were no brats. I treasure these events.
CFArtemis
June 30, 2005
I really love brewers' festivals also. I like them because I like trying different types of beer. I go to have lots of the thimble cups and not to get drunk. In fact I have even been known to 'spit' as one does at a wine show (which I also go to).

However I have found either one of two disadvantages about these festivals. The last one I went to had (lots) of women in bikinis strolling around giving advertising promo stuff to the men. The men were catcalling and asking the women over and trying to chat them up. There were also drunk men trying to pick up there.

I went to try the beer - not get sleazed on.

I just wish that beer was 'gender neutral' - that it was understood that women drink it too and that women were not used as an advertising lure.

The other disadvantage is one commonly experienced at wine shows - of the megastroller parked infront of the stall with the parunts being unwilling to move it so that other people can taste the beer (wine).

From time to time I have been to an adult event where women were not treated as meat and there were no brats. I treasure these events.
July 01, 2005
That sucks, CF Artemis.

It seems like our society has two polarized roles for women: women who want (need, according to them) get laid and/or paired up, and women who have sprogged. And of course, any woman attending an event alone is fair game.

I don't drink, but I have friends who tell me that sometimes they want to go out and have a drink ALONE, yet they are harrassed.
DW and I are thinking about going to Maine for that. We usually get down to Portland for mini vacations. I think she learned of the Maine Festival through the CF EZBoard...

Sucks about the men behaving badly thing. We're not all jerks! smiling smiley Although, admittedly, I did take notice of DW (before she became DW) because she was drinking a dark beer...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.