Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

But... we'd lose what made my snowflake (And me) special!! (potential cure for down's syndrome)

Posted by Anonymous User 
For crying out loud this isn't X-Men! If these tards were born with advanced abilities and "specialness" that affected their lives in positive ways, then yeah, why bother curing it. But at the end of the day, Downs Syndrome is not a "gift" its a slow death disease.

I'm actually beginning to think its everyone else thats retarded. Why do we worship the runts of the litter?
gymrat
Does anyone remember watching that television special years ago about parents who got their Downs Syndrome children plastic surgery? Again, all these "ethicists" (who didn't have the burden of raising the kid, or being the kid) raised objections about "taking away their unique looks." How are they unique when they all have the same features? The show followed this one family of a Downs toddler. His cheek bones were made more defined, and the fatty tissues around his face and eyelids were removed. The kid looked 100% better.

Kids shouldn't be given cosmetic surgeries, but I understand why it was done. One big problem of Down Syndrome is that it essentially deforms the child, so at the first glance, you know the child is mentally retarded. At least autistic children look normal.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: But... we'd lose what made my snowflake (And me) special!!
August 14, 2013
Our own culture has created a "Down's Syndrome Culture" to help parunts see their poor afflicted kids as special and take care of them for as long as they live. But apparently that little twist has taken on a life of it's own and now refuses to be thawarted by mere medical miracles, nope, the culture must be preserved, even if future humans must suffer and die for it.

We humans are so incredibly easy to brain-wash. It would be silly if it weren't so scary.
August 14, 2013
loveisdivine
For crying out loud this isn't X-Men! If these tards were born with advanced abilities and "specialness" that affected their lives in positive ways, then yeah, why bother curing it. But at the end of the day, Downs Syndrome is not a "gift" its a slow death disease.

I'm actually beginning to think its everyone else thats retarded. Why do we worship the runts of the litter?

Exactly. This is why I despise any TV show or movie that some how glorifies this crap. They delude themselves in to thinking this defect makes the kid amazing and better than everyone else. PFFT .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
August 14, 2013
Snark Shark
" we'll clone the sabertooth tiger "

Am I the only one who wants to bring back the Megalodon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalodon

A shark the size of a bus - awesome. We can breed them to take revenge on the shark-finners!

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

August 14, 2013
The purpose of keeping smallpox is so a vaccine can be manufactured quickly if needed. The US isn't the only one maintaining it. Russia also has a some in the freezer and there is a possibility of some of the former Soviet Union countries having it and/or selling it to others for use as a biological weapon.
August 15, 2013
Snark Shark
strange aeons
Snark Shark

A shark the size of a bus - awesome. We can breed them to take revenge on the shark-finners!
'

YOU'RE READING MY MIND! devil with smile

But then wouldn't the shark-finners make more money because the shark fins would be that much bigger... If they do not get eaten first.

But sharks are fucking awesome and people who hurt them deserve to be eaten alive by a rabid megalodon.
Cure story

Why wouldn't you save the kyd from this horrrible problem if it were possible? I apologize if this has been discussed already--if it has, I can't seem to find the thread on it.
I may be making a logical leap here, but am speculating that those who dribble out such things would also accuse anyone in favor of death with dignity, euthanasia, etc. of "playing God".

Because, y'know, IVF, life support systems, and putting patients on tons of pharmaceuticals so they don't die for years are NOT examples of "playing God". :headbrick

Humans as a species seriously have no room at this point to burble about "getting in Nature's way." None. Our collective credibility on the subject is absolute shit.
Re: "Don't monkey with nature"--Refusing potential Down syndrome cure
September 06, 2013
Of course we don't understand, we aren't parents!

Actually, isn't there a cure for Downs syndrome anyway, its called an abortion!

The article says that the parents would not want to change "who my child is" and getting rid of something that is "imperfect" But I think there is a difference between imperfect and blatantly bad and Downs is Blatantly Bad.

Oh, I hope what I am saying is not too strong here.
Re: "Don't monkey with nature"--Refusing potential Down syndrome cure
September 07, 2013

I'm an "everything happens for a reason and things are meant to be" type of person.

I hope she that takes statement to its logical conclusion that and never takes medicine, visits doctors, or undergoes surgery. After all, she wouldn't want to "monkey with nature."
Snark Shark
strange aeons
Snark Shark

'

YOU'RE READING MY MIND! devil with smile

This would truly be a sharknado of epic proportions!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login