Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Top 10 cases of faith healing and the kids who died from them

Posted by Cambion 
Top 10 cases of faith healing and the kids who died from them
August 21, 2013
http://listverse.com/2013/07/30/top-ten-cases-of-children-failed-faith-healings/

Like it has to be said that faith healing is horse shit. In none of these 10 instances were medical professionals contacted when it was obvious that praying, fasting, anointing and feeding of wine were not helping the kids in question getting better.

According to the list, 172 children died between 1975 and 1995 because Mommy and Daddy decided that Gawd would make everything alright rather than doctors. No clue how many have died since then either, and in just about every case, the condition that kills the child is something perfectly treatable. The kids in this list died from bacterial pneumonia, untreated diabetes, hemophilia paired with a flesh wound, shock following several hundred bee stings, premature birth, burst appendix and peritonitis.

None of those are quick deaths either. Some delightful parents have faith healed more than one child to death too. Moos and Duhs, if you want to leave your lives in the hands of an imaginary old man, then go for it. I can't imagine how the last days of each of these poor kids must have been like, trusting their idiot parents to help them, not knowing that Mommy and Daddy are just watching them slowly and painfully die when a trip to the ER could save them.

Most of these delightful parents were charged with murder or manslaughter, but some got the charges and sentences reduced or dropped because they didn't intentionally kill their kids. angry smiley
Cambion
Most of these delightful parents were charged with murder or manslaughter, but some got the charges and sentences reduced or dropped because they didn't intentionally kill their kids. angry smiley

How the fuck is this not intentionally killing their kids? They refused to seek professional medical treatment! That is not an accident! :cen

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
This one hits a nerve with me, and for a number of reasons. Society tells parents “you know best", and oftentimes they have a matching IQ, shoe size, and bank account balance. There are people out there who believe God will heal their very sick child. There are people who believe that their children do not need to see a doctor because they read a poorly written web page on the internet. I don't care for kids, but making a kid suffer because their parent is a mental midget? You had them parents, the least you can do is take care of them (and keep them away from me).
An example needs to be made of these people to show that children are not their property. These people were probably at the front of each abortion protest and pro-life rally, but refused to seek proper medical attention for their dying children. Abortion would have been a far kinder fate for these kids. Especially number 1.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: Top 10 cases of faith healing and the kids who died from them
August 21, 2013
I really wish that ninety percent of Christianity would be stomped out like the plague it is.

Paranoia, paranoia, paranoia, paranoid. I'm not sick, but I'm not well. They're all out to get me they're all out to get me, so are you. So are you. (Sung to the tune of Frere Jaques.)
August 22, 2013
Yeah, that first case of the boy with peritonitis was especially disturbing. When your child is screaming in pain so loudly that the neighbors close their windows so they don't have to hear it, Gawd is obviously not doing anything to help. I fucking hate that one asshole who allowed his child to die of pneumonia was only given two months in jail and five years of probation...and told by a judge that he had to provide medical care for his remaining two children. That's certainly a good thing, but then you think about the fact that this asshole will only get his kids medical care because he's legally required to and that is messed up.

The Schaible famblee is on the list twice because they have killed two of their kids in the last four years via faith healing, and for some goddamn reason, they were not charged with anything the first time around.

And these parents will never learn anything because they are all convinced that it was a fight between Gawd and Satan, and Satan just happened to win. In other words, Moo and Duh didn't kill their child. They just didn't pray and fast hard enough. I would like to know why the ones with more than one child were allowed to keep their other kids.
And why they weren't ordered to be sterilized and banned from fostering/adopting.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
One might say God can heal their kids..............it's why God made Doctors SMART!
August 23, 2013
If they want to do the Gawd thing, fine. I'll play along and say that Gawd gave medical professionals, doctors and researchers the ability to create procedures and medications that prevent people from dying from shit that would have killed them many, many years ago. There's Gawd for them. Most of these loonies feel that doctors are witches and refrain from using their black magic antibiotics and surgeries.

Neglecting someone to death is still killing them, and people who neglect their kids or ailing parents or pets should all receive a fitting punishment. Just because you don't shoot or stab someone doesn't mean you aren't still killing them.
August 23, 2013
satansbitch
I really wish that ninety percent of Christianity would be stomped out like the plague it is.

:yr
August 23, 2013
satansbitch

THIS. Has there been a more destructive force on the planet than religion?

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

August 25, 2013
In America parents are required by law to provide shelter and food for their kids as well as have them enrolled in some type of an educational program until they are 16 years of age or they can be arrested for child neglect or endangerment. If abuse or neglect of any type can be proved then they can go to jail for that as well. So, I fail to comprehend why they are allowed to use ANY excuse to not get their child appropriate medical care when needed for life threatening illnesses or injuries, ongoing care for preventative medicine like inoculations for diseases as well as dental and eye care, and regular physicals to insure they remain as healthy as possible. This shouldn't be a religious issue because, in a society where proper medical care is available to ALL children, NO excuse should be legally tolerated for not seeking medical care for life threatening health problems.

Shit not tolerated for use in treating a child's life threatening illnesses or injuries should be, including but not limited to, nothing at all with NO reason given, alleged religious beliefs calling on prayer, chanting, charting, humming, kneeling on towels, bee sting therapy, peach pit cures, leeches, the boring of holes into the brain, the conjuring of spirits and angels, the use of unproven or experimental procedures or drugs they find online, in back alleys, in other countries, or any type of unproven and/or questionable "therapies" with unknown or unproven outcomes, alternative medicines or treatment of any type like meditating with or calling on any higher power or deity be it God, Captain Proton, Baptist Preachers, Rabbis, Priests, or the local Tarot Card reader, psychic, faith healer, or medicine man, or to rely on reading tea leaves, herbal remedies, home made elixers and concoctions, etc.....unless AND until traditional medical treatment has proven unsuccessful.

If an able minded adult chooses to refuse his own traditional medical treatment for any reason I don't have a problem with it and I have been known to seek alternative health care myself on occasion. However, a minor shouldn't be subjected to the belief sets of his parents when it comes to medical care for life threatening illnesses or injuries. A child doesn't have the experience, knowledge, and/or maturity to be making a decision like that which will likely lead to his death before he has the chance to form his own informed opinions about it. It should be against all laws on a global level for a parent to NOT seek traditional medical care for their kids for illnesses and injuries considered life threatening if they are under the age of 18, in my EVER so humble opinion. angel with halo

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login