Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blair is at it again

Posted by thom_c 
Blair is at it again
September 01, 2013
She still thinks she can speak for us:

http://www.mommyish.com/2013/08/26/stfu-parents-how-not-to-mommyjack-your-childfree-friends/

STFU Parents: How Not To Mommyjack Your Childfree Friends

5 days ago by STFU Parents
205 Comments
Share a Tip

It’s been a couple of weeks since TIME magazine revealed its cover story “The Childfree Life,” notably depicted with a photo that’s been criticized for presenting a “deceptive fantasy of the child-free life” with “lazy yuppies.” For anyone who regularly reads articles and blog posts about parenting, “mommy wars,” and whether having kids makes people ebullient or suicidal (because there is no in-between!), this story didn’t come as much of a surprise. In fact, all that surprises me these days is the way people continue to eat up the media’s constant regurgitation of the same stale debates. I’m so bored by lists that compare raising a toddler to being in combat, or things you should never say to your friend who has one kid, or twins, or no kids, or whaaaatever. We are all responsible for our own happiness, whether kids enter the picture or not, and there’s no use in comparing large groups of people by generalizing about their “childfree” vs. “family” lives.

That said, I receive a large number of links to the aforementioned articles, and that tells me people are still affected by these debates. Women in particular are confronted on a daily basis about their “lack” of children or asked about their future family plans, and it’s hurtful and annoying. Part of what attracts a certain demographic to STFU, Parents are the posts about mommyjacking, which often pertain to people who are childfree. What’s compelling about the reader response is that it doesn’t matter if people are planning to have kids in the future but don’t have any right now (a.k.a “childless”), OR if they don’t want to have kids at all (a.k.a. “childfree”), because both groups are equally put off by intrusive questions and comments about becoming a parent

Read more: http://www.mommyish.com/2013/08/26/stfu-parents-how-not-to-mommyjack-your-childfree-friends/#ixzz2dcHjRt5I

She sounds like the moos and duhs who think they can read our minds and tell us (and apparently, others) how we REALLY feel! She just keeps digging herself a deeper whole. Someone should tell her she can't dig her way OUT of it.
Re: Blair is at it again
September 01, 2013
This is why there are debates. Because wannbreeds like her feel the need to pander to everyone. The one thing I agree with is that people need to stop sticking their nose into other people's reproductive choices.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login