Advanced

Tantrum throwing kyds are mentally ill

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Tantrum throwing kyds are mentally ill
October 12, 2013
Linky

According to this study,

"Tantrum-throwing toddlers who hit, kick, bit or break objects at the age of two or three are seven times more likely than other kids to be suffering a psychiatric disorder."

I'm not too sure what to make of this. What do you think?
Re: Tantrum throwing kyds are mentally ill
October 12, 2013
I think they need to drill deeper into this study and see if it correlates with early or late decelerations on fetal monitoring. Also correlate it with use of narcotic pain medications and prolonged labor time, VBAC versus regular birth.

I would not be surprised if this phenomena correlates with at least one episode of fetal hypoxia in utero.

I don't know about this. My sister threw dreadful tantrums, and the only problem she has is congenital laziness.

My brother on the other hand was a quiet, well behaved dream toddler, and turned out to be autistic. He didn't start with the meltdowns until he was older, after he went to school.

The sleep deprived thing I can buy though, after seeing toadlers in a restaurant past 9pm the other night. Parents want it all, they want the famblee and the udder rubs, but they don't actually want to adapt their lives to having small children. And they want to be their kids best buddies, not their parents, so they don't give them routines, bedtimes etc, don't say no to them etc. Not to mention all this co-sleeping, probably meaning that kiddo goes to bed at the same time as the parunts, which is probably too late for them.

Toadlers do not have the mental capacity to decide for themselves when they should go to bed or how much time they should spend there!
October 12, 2013
When I was a toadler and kid I put myself to bed, as I was very fond of my sleep. I was a weird little toadler. Now as an adult, my constant migraines prevent my having a sleep rhythm, so I went ass backwards.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 13, 2013
I think they need to do a study on the effect of those tantrums on the minds of their parents.

"Parents of toddlers are seven times more likely to develop psychiatric disorders"

Except that I believe that the more intelligent the person the more likely they will develop a mental disorder and the less intelligent the person the more likely they are to have kids so my study probably wouldn't be a very good one.
October 13, 2013
Snark Shark
"Tantrum-throwing toddlers who hit, kick, bit or break objects at the age of two or three are seven times more likely than other kids to be suffering a psychiatric disorder."

OR... OR... they're just ASSHOLES.

I hear that Hand-meet-Ass is great therapy!

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
October 13, 2013
iheartkids
I think they need to do a study on the effect of those tantrums on the minds of their parents.

"Parents of toddlers are seven times more likely to develop psychiatric disorders"

Except that I believe that the more intelligent the person the more likely they will develop a mental disorder and the less intelligent the person the more likely they are to have kids so my study probably wouldn't be a very good one.

Clearly, you are in no danger of developing a mental disorder, then.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

October 14, 2013
Snark Shark

OR... OR... they're just ASSHOLES.

Or more likely, asshole hipster parents
October 14, 2013
yummynotmummy
I don't know about this. My sister threw dreadful tantrums, and the only problem she has is congenital laziness.

My sister threw tantrums too, but her's were just yelling and then running/stomping to her room and slamming the door.

Her problem was terminal "my way or no way" syndrome, and parents who always gave in to her.

JD
October 14, 2013
I agree that toadlers throwing tantrums have a mental illness. It's called lack of spanking disorder. The cure for this disorder is a swat to the ass.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2013
I'm autistic myself, grew out of meltdowns by my teens, now just have periods (often induced by kyds) where I can't take it anymore and just cry incessantly, no kicking, screaming or throwing stuff.

The cause of this is breeders being friends and not parents to their brats, child worship and a natalistic culture, along with kyds who are already spoiled and often insulated from the real world by public-school "educations" and the pahrunts' religious/political views, not getting what they want and taking it out on themselves, other people, inanimate objects and animals.

Non-TL;DR version: Breeders did it themselves. :bedmadelie
October 16, 2013
That's weird. I have a MI and was an extremely quiet kyd. I rarely ever cried or had a tantrum. I still am a rather quiet, laid back person, although when I was going through my illness in my 20s and 30s it was a different story.
October 17, 2013
I also think most of these kids who throw tantrums just have a complete lack of structure and discipline in their lives. Parents are such pussies anymore - they won't spank or do time-outs or ground the shits. They choose to discuss their kids' feelings and all that GD/AP shit. This itself could be caused by several things, and maybe a combination of things:

- Adults who still hold grudges against their own parents for physically punishing them, claiming it has emotionally and mentally scarred them. So they choose to not make the same "mistakes" with their own kids, and probably breed in order to prove to their own parents that a child can be raised without hitting. I don't mean cases where kids get abused, but just plain old spanking and normal punishments. An adult who holds a grudge against their own parents for parenting them for their whole lives is definitely unstable. The end result is someone who parents their child as little as possible, which results in a brat.

- Sheer laziness. Someone who is a lazy sack of crap will not suddenly become a hard-working, independent person when they spawn. They'll just be lazy about raising the kids too, and then the kids turn into feral monsters.

- Fear of losing the kids to CPS. Unfortunately, we live in a society where if a parent spanks their fucker in public or even in front of a relative, there's a chance they will get investigated by CPS. A lot of idiots also believe all the stories online about how CPS will "kidnap" your children because you have one dirty dish in the sink and the kids wear hand-me-downs. So you've got people who want to whack the kid on the ass and are too scared to do so.

- Availability of medication. Why bother disciplining a kid when you can just doctor shop until someone drugs your kid up to his eyeballs to make him shut the hell up? I bet a lot of kids on tard pills are not actually tards - they're just undisciplined bastards.

- Tantrums are normal, a.k.a. the "Terrible Twos." I imagine some people figure the tantrums are a normal part of the growth process and just don't bother correcting the behavior. Even if the tantrums last all day long.

- Wanting "it all," as other folks have said. Breeders have this holly and jolly rose-colored vision of being parents where they can have kids, but also make absolutely no changes to their lives to accommodate those children. When Moo and Duh try to go out to eat with shrieking brats in tow, both are likely so burned out and sick of everything and everyone that they don't even bother trying to wrangle their brats. But they manage to find lots of energy if someone dares say a word to their brat or even look at it wrong.

I don't think tantrum-throwing kids are mentally ill. I just think they are so used to ruling the roost that anytime anyone tries to impose any form of structure on them, they can't deal with it. I was that way when I was a little kid; my grandmother wouldn't allow my mother to hit me when I misbehaved and I was a terror, especially in kindergarten. I kicked and punched students and adults, stole things from the classroom, screamed bloody murder when I didn't get what I wanted. I wasn't socialized very well because my mother preferred that I stay in the house all the time to decrease the chance of me getting into trouble, so I had almost no interaction with other kids (save for one cousin, and it wasn't frequently). Shit you not, my mother got a call from the principal at least twice a week my entire kindergarten year.

But my mother made up for what she couldn't do physically with verbal abuse, and despite being a spoiled brat, her constant screaming at me still causes me problems now. I don't think I'm sick in the head, but I do things like have nightmares where I wake up freaking out, thinking I forgot a homework assignment or missed class. Then I remember I'm not in school. I know that sounds silly, but these nightmares really frighten me because there was always hell to pay if I forgot shit as a kid.

Thankfully I mellowed out a LOT as I got older, maybe too much. Some people did tell my mother they thought I was an awwtard when I was in grade school because I wanted to draw instead of do work in study hall. Nooo, I just thought drawing was more fun than goddamn English homework. I think if I got smacked on the ass a few times, I'd have behaved more. But my mother was always wound so tight that if she had the chance to spank me, it may well have turned into physical abuse.

In short, I don't think bratty children are more likely to develop mental issues. I think they are more likely to grow up thinking their behavior is acceptable and continue throwing tantrums as they get older. These can be perceived as mental problems because teenagers aren't supposed to throw themselves on the floor screaming and shitting their pants when they can't have the last cookie. But it's a response they have learned is okay to do because no one ever told them to stop it.
October 17, 2013
I'm not sure about spanking and how productive it is as a punishment for kids. I was smacked as a child, on the wrist or bum, or whatever, and I can't say it's damaged me for life, but I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of adults hitting children because they are smaller, have less power, and can't hit back.

I've seen kids who have been smacked that often it's lost it's effectiveness, and I also think that it gives the message that hitting someone is a justified response to their wrongdoing. Parents often smack their kids when they finally snap and lose it, as well, which often means that they will smack a child harder than they intended to, and their ensuing guilt and upset at having lost control can actually negate the effect of imposing a punishment. Often the parents might have been able to avoid losing their shit if they had nipped the bad behaviour in the bud sooner.

Is it ok to smack someone in the adult world because they've irritated you? No, you'd be on an assault charge. Not sure we should be teaching kids that it is.

That said, I'm not into permissive parenting either (obviously or I would hardly be on here!!) and can't stand spoilt brats. If I was punished for being naughty as a child, my parents damn well followed through with it. I knew my parents weren't kidding if they said no TV for a week or being grounded, or not being allowed to go to a party. No amount of pleading would move them once their minds were made up. But parenting that way is hard work, it means you're not always your kids' best buds, sometimes they will scream that they hate you or whatever. Much easier for these parents to carry on tolerating shitty behaviour from their bratlings until they snap, smack the little shits and then feel awful about it so they make up for it by spoiling them and so the cycle goes on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login