Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Idiot Whines About WalMart Employee Daring to Call Out Shitty Parenting

Posted by jezebel_daisy 
Saw this on the Wal Mart Canada FB page and just had to share:

Walmart Kelowna you disgust me! The grey haired lady working the shoe department knows nothing about parenting! A very close friend of mine was in the store tonight shopping for Dora Explorer Boots when her daughter had a temper tantrum while shopping. All mom's knows what this feels like. She used the ignore tactic and continued to shop a few feet away. The grey haired Walmart employee came up to her daughter and asked if she lost her mom. Immediately my friend said no I am right here and explained she is having a temper tantrum and we are waiting it out. The Walmart representative then proceeded to say "well we do not accept screaming children in our store, I am going to have to ask you to leave" Very upset my girlfriend left. I am so disgusted at Walmart and this representative. There is loads of documentation to support this parenting tactic. You can view it on clips from Dr Phil or on the super Nanny. Walmart you should be ashamed, you have lost my business. Walmart beware of their employees disgusting behavior and now loss of sales

Holy bloody hell! I say give this "grey haired employee" a big ol' raise.
That's great!

To bad that there are going to be dumbasses that will come to the idiot's defense.
So... what proof does this moo have that 'grey haird employee' didn't know anything about parunting?
Re: Idiot Whines About WalMart Employee Daring to Call Out Shitty Parenting
October 31, 2013
Feel free to let your child CIO, just not in public where others have to listen to it. We don't all exist as teaching aids.
October 31, 2013
jezebel_daisy
Saw this on the Wal Mart Canada FB page and just had to share:

Walmart you should be ashamed, you have lost my business. Walmart beware of their employees disgusting behavior and now loss of sales

Yeahright. Where else are you going to shop for your cheap groceries and clothes for your kid(s)?

I love the foaming indignation these breeders spout. Just wait. In a week, Cow will be out of Pampers, will give a cursory check at a grocery store, where she'll likely pay $1 more than she did at Squalmart, squawk "I can't afford that!" and will be right back at Squalmart. 'course, she'll probably fume to friends "why can't Local Grocery Store charge the same as Walmart?!" I have to shop here because prices are lower!" which will be a balm to her conscience.
October 31, 2013
Dr. Phil
Super Nanny!

the world 'fail' on flames

:kill
I'm sure walmart is devastated by the loss of the ebt stamps that could have been theirs. winking smiley
October 31, 2013
Just for the record, these moos get very touchy if you shoot the screaming child with a fire hose...
Zzelda
Dr. Phil
Super Nanny!

the world 'fail' on flames

:kill

I can see waiting out a meltdown or a bipolar episode, but not a tantrum. It's very difficult to control my bipolar mood swings. I've had bipolar attacks and meltdowns in public places and school before, but never tantrums. Meltdown =/= tantrum. Tantrums are of a manipulative nature.

Brats who have tantrums need some of this spanking with a whip on the ass

Meltdowns vs Tantrums
According to my mother, I had a tantrum in a store exactly once, when. She hauled my little ass out of the store and gave it a couple of right-smart whacks, to the cheers of the passers-by, and I never tried that again. When I got older, I remember being on my best behavior in stores because I knew Mom was perfectly capable of doing it again, her health problems notwithstanding. But then, Mom and Dad were PNBs.
That should read "when I was two." Oy. Posting without proofreading is bad.
Letting your kid cry it out is fine, it's not fine to make others listen to it. The employee who told her to take the kid outside was looking after the comfort of the other customers and making sure they had a nice shopping experience. Even if she didn't know anything about parenting, it's her job to sell products and assist customers, not be mindful of parenting practices.
That "gray haired employee" has probably already raised children who are now contributing members of society, long before TV quacks were there to tell her how to do it.
November 01, 2013
cfinboston
Letting your kid cry it out is fine, it's not fine to make others listen to it. The employee who told her to take the kid outside was looking after the comfort of the other customers and making sure they had a nice shopping experience. Even if she didn't know anything about parenting, it's her job to sell products and assist customers, not be mindful of parenting practices.

Maybe the old lady should have quoted the most eloquent piece of Star Trek dialogue ever written

Spock: .....The needs of the many outweigh...
Kirk: ...the needs of the few.
Spock: Or the one.

The parting shot would be "Can't argue with Spock, bitch"
I disagree with this. Parents should wait out "meltdowns" or other episodes outside in the car as well. I kind of doubt that most of these meltdowns are not just kids being brats or being overly tired. Regardless of WHY the child is disturbing everyone else, the child needs to be removed at once both for the comfort of everyone else and the child. The child can finish melting down or having a episode in the car or outside or at home.
My mom didn't put up with brattiness in public. I remember being hauled out to the car a couple times. She would NOT have let me pitch a fit in the store like that.

And yes, ignoring a kid's tantrum can work...but removing them from the store, getting in the car, and ignoring them THERE has the advantage of removing the kid's audience. No people in the store to stare/react/ask if the kid's okay/etc.
What's the over/under on the autism moos getting worked up over this in the comments? Or have they already?
There aren't that many responses (I was hoping for a mob to chime in and tell her off). Here are the replies:

James Walters I highly doubt this story played out as your friend explained it. Your friend sounds like she need to discipline her kid.

Like · Reply · 5 · October 30 at 12:20pm via mobile..

Karen Harrison James Walters this played out exactly as my friend said and I did go to walmart to explain and several other customers who witnessed it had already complained. Walmart Kelowna dealt with it in a quick professional manor. As the person this happened to is very reputable in the Kelowna area and this spread to the media, social media and surrounding businesses quickly. Walmart did a great job in addressing this correctly as this is not the Walmart way we in the Kelowna community are used to when it comes to proven documented parenting practices. James Walters I would love to send you supporting research if you like pm me any time as this is not poor parenting but active parenting

Like · Reply · 3 · October 30 at 7:25pm via mobile · Edited..

Sarah Pierce I can sympathize with your friend Karen, when my kids were in the tantrum phase and we were out picking up necesseties and one would want something or just not want to be there... More often people try to be helpful but occasionally we would encounter a person who couldn't be bothered and clearly felt it was a fail in parenting. Now my kids are bigger and tantrums are extremely rare I can look back and know for a fact that not feeding into them was absolutely the right thing to do. Glad Walmart has rectified this situation and hopefully used this as a learning opportunity for this employee.

Like · Reply · 1 · October 30 at 7:32pm via mobile..

Walmart Canada Hello Karen. We appreciate that you took the time to alert us. We take these matters seriously. This is definitely not the type of experience we want Moms or Dads to have while shopping in our stores. We will ensure to pass this feedback along to the Kelowna Store Manager. Thanks for this feedback. Have a great day.

Like · Reply · October 30 at 6:07pm · Edited

Pisses me off that Wal Mart is all "This is not the type of experience we want mootards to have".
Gag.

At least James has a brain!

There is loads of documentation to support this parenting tactic.

No doubt. WalMart is NOT a parent training facility, you stupid cow!
Doesn't surprise me one bit that Wallyworld would take the side of the pahrunt instead of the employee. Remember when that bitch pushed the elderly greeter and the woman instinctively grabbed her to keep from falling? Fired for touching the customer after working there 20+ years. This company is known for screwing their employees and I do the very best I can to avoid them like the plague, and when I unfortunately have to go on the rare occasion I dream of pelting people with eggs.

The story on the lady who was fired:

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/black-friday-ruckus-firing-changes-73-year-old-walmart-greeters-life/1237349
Public places are not the best places for children to be CIO.
selidororous
Public places are not the best places for children to be CIO.

Everytime I imagine a child having a tantrum in public that condom commercial they banned for some reason comes to my mind. It's a great form of birth control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nojWJ6-XmeQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login