Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

13 year old girl is brain dead after tonsilectomy (Jahi McMath). Mom wants life support continued.

Posted by bell_flower 
t.
I may be excessively suspicious, but I wonder if the whole circus was not made to avoid the hospital making a post-mortem to the child's body-

I think you're not far off. I've read on other comment sections that it has been rumored that the family encouraged her to talk, laugh, and eat after the surgery. The grandmother (who is a nurse) and her father also suctioned Jahi when she started to bleed, removing the clots that might have stopped bleeding. This was far from a routine operation. It was extensive surgery to the throat that removed a good amount of tissue, and it was done on a very overweight child with sleep apnea and diabetes.
The family has removed her from the hospital with the ventilator and is not disclosing where they are taking her (body).

Are there not laws regarding what can be done with dead bodies? Like if grandma dies you can just keep her around the house, Psycho style, or stuff her like a fish? Or pretend she is still alive and pump air into the body. That would be abuse of a corpse would it not.

I hope someone is keeping track of what is going to happen now, that some reporter is going to investigate, because what happens next could actually be illegal depending on where the body is taken and what is going to be done with it.
What a hideous mess.

I can't understand how "God's will" being done can be reconciled with a requirement to throw every possible medical aid at this poor unfortunate dead child. "God wants her alive so you have to ventilate her, feed her, and keep all of her bodily functions going even though your so-called medical opinion is that she's dead"...why can't God directly intervene then?

Awful. Like someone said upthread, I surely hope no-one ever loves me this much.
They love the attention and the money, not the kid. By removing her from the hospital, there is a good chance they may have killed chances at a lawsuit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Now the famblees lawyer saying the dead girl wasted away at oakland hospital, surprise surprise!

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-jahi-mcmath-transfer-brain-dead-20140106,0,5200263.story?track=rss#axzz2pfKwndmI
I heard on the news today the coroner's office had issued a death certificate listing the date of death as December 12th. I don't see how any real health care facility could take the body without violating health codes. You can't just have dead people laying around indefinitely. The hospital wanted to let her go but family won't let them. Meanwhile, the state of Texas insists on that poor woman being a zombie incubator for a sure to be severely damaged loaf to be. We live in a fucked up world.
ladybug2203
Now the famblees lawyer saying the dead girl wasted away at oakland hospital, surprise surprise!

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-jahi-mcmath-transfer-brain-dead-20140106,0,5200263.story?track=rss#axzz2pfKwndmI

I call this as I see it. She is fat. Very fat. She will not waste away in a few weeks...if she is alive as the famblee claims.

What is happening is that she is decomposing, as stated by a doctor from the hospital only a few days ago. This does not happen to a living person.

For the love of Pete, let this poor girl's body go. She is already gone.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Well... seems here hair and nails are done. Now just embalm what's left and get the casket ready.

This is beyond belief. The parunts are the ones who need treatment. The body needs to be burried.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_24873058/jahi-mcmath-girl-given-breathing-feeding-tubes-attorney?source=pkg

According to the famblee's attorney, breathing and feeding tubes have been inserted into Jahi's body at the "undisclosed facility" she was taken to. I don't even...

The lawyer says Jahi is "improving" after the procedure (which we all know isn't possible.) According to this article's comments, they're still receiving donations from people via GoFundMe, as well as a charitable donation from Home Depot, where Jahi's mother worked. They all need to be thrown in federal "pound-me-in-the-ass" prison for fraud.

The IRS really needs to crawl up Moomie's ass with a microscope, and see where all this donated money is going. If the family is driving a new car any time soon, WE'LL KNOW WHY.
Well, ofcourse they'll have a new car. Have to have a special van to haul around a big vegitable. Remember Vegitina? First thing the parunts did was buy a 75K van to tote her and all her equipment around in.
So she has been off the vent? Not that she wasn't already gone but her Moo was hauling around a body without even the illusion of breathing? How is this even legal?
starlady
Well, ofcourse they'll have a new car. Have to have a special van to haul around a big vegitable. Remember Vegitina? First thing the parunts did was buy a 75K van to tote her and all her equipment around in.

I've been a member of Bratfree for less than a year, but yes, I know about the Vegitina saga. I am aware she is ventilator-dependent due to a botched "natural birth," but not quite brain-dead, seeing as how her other autonomic functions still work. However, as we've all been briefed on many times before, a persistent vegetative state, although it's nothing more than an "existence," isn't the same as being brain dead.

The former Jahi McMath, on the other hand, is falling apart as we speak -- she has already sloughed the lining of her gut, according to medical professionals; and vasopressors had to be given to maintain blood pressure. If her parunts want to keep up the charade of keeping her "alive," they'd be fools to attempt transporting her body anywhere in any vehicle (including a $75,000+ handicap-accessible van).
I guess I'm on the Express Bus To Hell for this, but this whole situation reminds me of the ending of "Cool Air" by H. P. Lovecraft - "There was a gradual deterioration I had not forseen, and the organs never would work again. It had to be done my way, for, you see, I died that time eighteen years ago." Maybe her moo should get a copy of "The Necronomicon" and give it a try.
I do wonder how is it the hospitals fault that moo gave her a cheese burger after a tonsillectomy?
Is the girl stuffing her face right after surgery why she bled like a stuck pig? Why would you even want to eat anything solid after THREE surgeries on your neck/throat? Did the staff not tell Moo to not feed her while she's recovering? I was told to not eat anything solid right after getting my wisdom teeth out and those were just four little holes. Fuck, I was told to not even rinse my mouth out for the first day or two because the suction created by the swishing motions of my mouth could rip my stitches out. Whatever happened to living off ice cream for a few days while healing from a tonsillectomy?

I must have overlooked the part where Moo fed her little heifer a burger. And I would really, truly love to know how these people believe a dead body can possibly "improve." How exactly is a feeding tube helping a corpse? And how is her body digesting the food if she's brain dead and nothing fucking works? This is doing nothing more now than piquing my curiosity because I have never seen a dead body on life support like this before, so I'm curious if a feeding tube will "fatten" her back up and make her look almost normal as fluids, food and air are pumped through her body. It won't stop the process of decomposition at all, but if Moo insists on keeping the girl's body hooked up to life support like this, she should take her to Ripley's and have an exhibition.

"Right now ... we don't know if she's going to make it." Jahi's body had "deteriorated so badly" that her heart may not continue beating, Dolan said.

She's not going to make it because she DIED already. This isn't like someone's heart stopping for a second and then being restarted and they're just fine afterward. This girl has been dead for almost a month. I'm surprised the family hasn't agreed to start using electricity to send shocks into the girl's brain to "wake" her up. A strong enough shock might result in some kind of involuntary muscle spasm, which the loving, caring family will interpret as a sign of life and keep her wired to these machines for the next 60 years.
Cambion

How exactly is a feeding tube helping a corpse? And how is her body digesting the food if she's brain dead and nothing fucking works? This is doing nothing more now than piquing my curiosity because I have never seen a dead body on life support like this before, so I'm curious if a feeding tube will "fatten" her back up and make her look almost normal as fluids, food and air are pumped through her body.
The pumped in food won't do anything at all, other then just pretty much sit there and not get digested. If her digestive system is sloughing off it's inner lining, it's starting to deteriorate and the added in food is likely going to burst her intestines or stomach when they keep pumping it in. (Plus quite possibly it will start rotting in her too.)
Cambion
She's not going to make it because she DIED already. This isn't like someone's heart stopping for a second and then being restarted and they're just fine afterward. This girl has been dead for almost a month. I'm surprised the family hasn't agreed to start using electricity to send shocks into the girl's brain to "wake" her up. A strong enough shock might result in some kind of involuntary muscle spasm, which the loving, caring family will interpret as a sign of life and keep her wired to these machines for the next 60 years.

It's a shame Aldini's dead, isn't it?

"Right now ... we don't know if she's going to make it." Jahi's body had "deteriorated so badly" that her heart may not continue beating, Dolan said.

"Dolan"?! Oh god...

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Ariel Sharon just croaked. See any news site.

He was in a coma for eight years ~

:eyebrows

That's no way to live ~
Gooby plz... :biggrin2

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Now Jahi's school is perpetuating the delusion that Jahi is "still alive," complete with T-shirts and crap. My God, this is just sickening...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Jahi-McMath-Brain-Death-Tonsillectomy-EC-Reems-Academy-Friends-Believe-Alive-239629891.html

I also checked into their GoFundMe site, and it's reached $57,772. If they can get all this money to pump air into their dear departed family member (which is beyond the fucking pale), I wonder if I couldn't make my own site and drum up some donations to finish college, and get my perpetually broken-down truck fixed.
This is like reading Stiff all over again. With added attention whoring.

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers is actually a good book and I reccomend it. If somebody wants it I have an epub and a mobi version, pm me smiling smiley

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Food rotting inside of a rotting corpse? Oh crap! two faces puking
When my mother was in her last few days with cancer, her digestive system ceased functioning. The doctors candidly told us that this was the sign that she was not going to survive long. And she did not.
How then are they planning on putting nutrition into this girl? What can her body do with the nutrients? Even if bypassing the stomach altogether, how is she not poisoned by the decay that is happening all around her?

And how can the family even begin to want her in that state?
Well I bet the family will be in for a real surprise if the girl's stomach/intestines burst while they're visiting her. Also, don't gases build up inside the body and cause it to eventually burst too? With the gas buildup, though, I think that would have already occurred had the body not been kept in this bizarre state of function all this time. But Jahi is going to look real pretty when those gases start building up - not only will she bloat like a balloon, but her eyes will bulge out of their sockets. Even with the artificial bodily functions going on, I'm kind of amazed this hasn't happened even a little bit yet.

And hooray for there being so many idiots out there willing to donate to this completely lost, useless cause. They've managed to raise $57K - that might cover the cost of keeping this corpse hooked up to life support for another day or two. Instead of, you know, donating that money to any other charity that could actually make use of the funds for LIVING people or animals, or donating to research.
I just think of all the useful things I could do for living things with $57K. What a freekin waste.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login