Who the hell brings fast food when visiting someone coming out of surgery.:iws When I had brain surgery ten years ago, My mom and husband were by my side when I woke up ,without a picnic basket.Hubby brought me the only thing I wanted, Perrier water. Of course, no teenager could refuse a bite of hamburger. Was that girl born into a retarded family? Their collective stupidity killed her. I hope they do not ever get a penny out of this, and get charged with child endangerment. :headbrick
popcornculturejunkie
nightfire
popcornculturejunkie
amethyst114
ladybug2203
Breaking news: Jahi Mcmath is STILL dead

I already knew I was going to hell, but I let out a huge snort of laughter when I read this. I'm still trying to suppress the giggles.

Will Jahi make any guest appearances on The Walking Dead? :eyebrows
Wouldn't a person have to have a functioning brain to come back as a zombie? Her brain's almost liquified by now, she'd be the most inert walker ever.

Well, with all the time and effort Moo's putting in to keeping her 'alive', I'm sure she'd find a way around Jahi's liquified brain...maybe hook the poor thing up to jumper cables or something

Brain dead girl hit by train after lying lifeless on railroad tracks and not listening to headphones..
Why the hell would anyone want to EAT right after throat surgery anyway? Surely she was in pain, to the point where I imagine even swallowing hurt like a motherfucker. Unless they had her on some heavy painkillers and she was higher than a fucking kite in the recovery room. I know I mentioned it before, but I didn't even want to think about solid food after wisdom tooth surgery because my whole mouth was aching and bled the rest of the day after I woke up. I've never had my tonsils out - probably the worst throat pain I've ever had was when I had strep. I didn't even want to swallow - when the pain was at its worst, I would go to the bathroom and drool in the sink. I imagine the pain from surgery on the throat would be a hell of a lot worse. I don't know how she even managed to eat more than one bite of solid food without hurting.

I'm also starting to think the family is keeping her body "alive" because they can't face the reality that they killed her. There is absolutely no reason they needed to feed this kid immediately after throat surgery - I seriously doubt she would have wasted away without a cheeseburger in her piehole for a few days. I don't know if a popsicle would have done damage or not, but it's a more reasonable choice. Even then, why would the family not just ask the fucking staff if it was okay for her to have anything first? And if they said no, tell the girl to shut up and get over it if she couldn't eat? My guess is the staff was not consulted whatsoever and the scholarly family decided "Oh a couple bites won't hurt, teehee" like someone sneaking a dog scraps under the dinner table. I also can't help but wonder if the girl actually asked for solid food or if the family just decided to feed her burger bites because bawwww poor baybeeeee probably had to not eat for 12 hours before surgery and she might have lost half an ounce!
stillwaters
nightfire
I'm guessing that's why the family is trying to keep her hooked up, they're keeping her 'alive' so they don't have to feel that guilt that what they did ended up killing her. I bet as soon as the girl's heart stops irretrievably, the mother and grandmother will have a mental breakdown when reality hits home.

You're more charitable to these people than I was thinking. My first thought was that they're keeping her "alive" so nobody can be charged with murder.

That's what I was wondering. If they did give her food and cause the sutures to "pop", I would guess that by allowing the body to decompose, any evidence of that would be harder to find, and thus so would a cause of death.

I'm no medical professional -- not at all -- but I would think that if there was medical negligence on the part of the doctors/hospital, they would want her to be examined as close to the death as possible.
I think the brain-dead person's body heals for a bit before it starts going downhill, when it's kept on life support for a long time. That makes it harder to determine what went wrong, and is why they want to investigate/do autopsy close to the time of brain death. At least that is what I've heard from a poster on another site.
I'm stunned (but not surprised) that they fed her a fucking cheeseburger after her surgery. Holy shit. Yeah, it probably DID cause the stitches to pop and thus cause her to bleed to death. And I notice the stories from the people in the recovery room contradict what the family is whining about re: the *nurses* instructing them to suction her out and giving them stuff to put her clots in.

I actually had a routine tonsillectomy when I was around her age. Just the tonsils out, no other surgery on top of it. I was specifically instructed by EVERYONE - nurses, the doc (multiple times), the person who gave me my aftercare instructions - that I could NOT eat solid food for at least a day. Broths and clear liquids ONLY, with some very soft soup for dinner. I was to have super soft food for a couple of days. Ice cream was actually a huge no-no. I was instructed to take a few sips of lukewarm water before I left the recovery room, otherwise they wouldn't let me leave (they wanted to make sure I could still swallow normally), but that was it. I could only manage ONE sip of water because my throat hurt so badly. I couldn't speak either. I pleaded with the nurse in a whisper to not make me drink anymore because it hurt so much. She said as long as I got down one sip okay, she would let me leave if I quit talking.

I didn't feel like eating the rest of the day - I slept most of the day. Dinner was a soup that was mostly broth, and I barely ate it. I didn't talk for nearly two days. That she was jabbering away with her family is bad enough.How she could feel like eating a cheeseburger baffles me. How her family could LET her is beyond me. They absolutely killed her.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
I'm surprised that the kyd would even be awake and able to eat after major surgery. Wouldn't she have been given anesthesia to knock her out? Or is that something she would've been awake for? If she was knocked out, wouldn't she have been out of it for a while after the surgery? My grandma has had multiple surgeries over her lifetime and she's always been out of it for a while, then nauseous when she got to being fairly lucid.

I don't think I've ever seen an actual timeline of events here. I would have to guess that the girl was in recovery for a few hours before she could've even had visitors, right? Instead, the famblee has made it seem like she came right out of surgery talking and lively, and then started throwing clots for no reason.
Cambion
Why the hell would anyone want to EAT right after throat surgery anyway? Surely she was in pain, to the point where I imagine even swallowing hurt like a motherfucker. Unless they had her on some heavy painkillers and she was higher than a fucking kite in the recovery room. I know I mentioned it before, but I didn't even want to think about solid food after wisdom tooth surgery because my whole mouth was aching and bled the rest of the day after I woke up. I've never had my tonsils out - probably the worst throat pain I've ever had was when I had strep. I didn't even want to swallow - when the pain was at its worst, I would go to the bathroom and drool in the sink. I imagine the pain from surgery on the throat would be a hell of a lot worse. I don't know how she even managed to eat more than one bite of solid food without hurting.

I'm also starting to think the family is keeping her body "alive" because they can't face the reality that they killed her. There is absolutely no reason they needed to feed this kid immediately after throat surgery - I seriously doubt she would have wasted away without a cheeseburger in her piehole for a few days. I don't know if a popsicle would have done damage or not, but it's a more reasonable choice. Even then, why would the family not just ask the fucking staff if it was okay for her to have anything first? And if they said no, tell the girl to shut up and get over it if she couldn't eat? My guess is the staff was not consulted whatsoever and the scholarly family decided "Oh a couple bites won't hurt, teehee" like someone sneaking a dog scraps under the dinner table. I also can't help but wonder if the girl actually asked for solid food or if the family just decided to feed her burger bites because bawwww poor baybeeeee probably had to not eat for 12 hours before surgery and she might have lost half an ounce!

When I had double eye not throat surgery I had to eat right after surgery because apparently my blood sugar dropped to the floor (I'm diabetic). But all I wanted to do was curl up and sleep for hours. You are pretty well drugged up and all you want to do is sleep after a general anesthesia event if you aren't faced with a circus. (I know this because I was anesthetized twice.)

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Even low blood sugar doesn't require a person to eat right after surgery. She should habe stilll had an IV access so they could have hung a 5% dextrose and normal saline. In a true emergency, glucose tablets could have been given instead of a burger. There has been no reporgs she is diabetic so she should have been able to go 12 hours without eating or having any sort of extra sugar. I think the Moo and other family members were just stupid.
I must have had sadists for doctors when I had mine out at age 12.

I had been sold on the idea of ice cream and more ice cream, only to be told that they did not encourage that anymore as it softened the cut surface. The first thing nurses gave me after a water soaked swab was orange juice and dry toast. It felt like fucking battery acid.
Ice cream stimulates the mucus membrains too much and causes irritation. That's probably why they've stopped that.... but... ORANGE JUICE??? Talk about salt in a wound! I was 5 when I had my toncils out and all I remember wanting was water... and then warm (not hot) broth. I didn't even want to look at food for about 2 days. Even then... about all I COULD do was look at it.. maybe pick at it.
cfchevygirl
I'm surprised that the kyd would even be awake and able to eat after major surgery. Wouldn't she have been given anesthesia to knock her out? Or is that something she would've been awake for? If she was knocked out, wouldn't she have been out of it for a while after the surgery? My grandma has had multiple surgeries over her lifetime and she's always been out of it for a while, then nauseous when she got to being fairly lucid.

I don't think I've ever seen an actual timeline of events here. I would have to guess that the girl was in recovery for a few hours before she could've even had visitors, right? Instead, the famblee has made it seem like she came right out of surgery talking and lively, and then started throwing clots for no reason.

Supposedly, she started bleeding and went into cardiac arrest within an hour of the surgery. I believe this came from the court filings.

My thought is killing any evidence that their own actions killed her is needed in order to position for the lawsuit...if they cannot prove what killed her they are banking on the quiet PR based settlement. (That is where the RR witnesses come into play for the hospital.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
I'm surprised she was awake as well. I've had a few surgeries under general anesthesia. Each time, I was out for at least 10 hours. I might have woken up before, but I never remembered it. I certainly never felt like eating, I just wanted to be left alone and sleep.
I was 14 and 15 at the time. My parents could probably have been there but they decided to be merciful and not get in my face immediately after surgery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
I've been under once. It was for only about three hours. When I came to, I was pissed off and felt like people had been messing with me. Which is true, they had been!
I don't remember being intubated nor having it removed. I was extremely nervous going in, crying even though I really wanted it done. Last thing I remember is scooting myself onto a different gurney and a nurse saying "Here this will do the trick." and fiddling with my IV. I didn't even get to count down.
They gave me some versed before this point, but it could have been sugar water as far as I was concerned.

I was made to eat something immediately afterwards. Like within 45 minutes of waking up. I had half my thyroid out and felt like I had the worst strep throat of my life. Applesauce and jello, mmM!

I can't imagine trying some burger! I mean, it's kind of squishy when it comes from McDonald's, but still that is far too solid, and I didn't have near what Jahi had done.
They do give some good drugs afterwards, but I found the ice packs to be far more effective.
My experience after general anesthesia is that they try to get you awakened and aware as soon as possible. Then they try to get you to drink a bit and maybe eat a little, but I imagine that must be different with throat surgery.

When I had sinus surgery there was plenty of blood in my throat, I had to keep hacking it out to avoid swallowing it and still swallowed a lot. It must have been awful to have nasal and throat surgery together and I cannot see anyone wanting to eat right afterwards. Unless a big famblee hoarde is pressuring you to do so.

I would not be surprised if the famblee just wanted to have a big old party in the room and make the girl eat some big old famblee comfort food because they are stupid, they ARE stupid.
I had a tonsillectomy when I was a kyd. I remember my throat KILLING me, and being very tired. Not to mention nauseous from the anaesthetic. I remember not even wanting the ice cream I was promised after the surgery, because I was afraid I'd throw it up. I can't imagine anyone wanting to eat a cheeseburger after going through that particular surgery.

If the famblee forced her to eat one, resulting in her death, then they should be charged with manslaughter at the very least.
bell_flower

I have airway issues. I could stand to lose 15 pounds, but I'm just built badly. (genetic lottery fail.) My entire life my Mallampati Score is and always has been a four.

have no fear. These things are the bomb!

http://www.kingsystems.com/medical-devices-supplies-products/airway-management/video-laryngoscopes/

I can definitely understand the idea of waking up a patient, to make sure they can get conscious, as there are time where (rarely) sometimes people just don't wake up from surgery. I can also understand that, in general, they like people to try and eat something after surgery, since you have to fast for quite some time prior to the procedure.

What I don't get, is the claim that this girl was up and talking animatedly and laughing and whatnot with the famblee right away. It seems unlikely that she would be peppy after waking up from anesthesia, much less be wanting to eat something at all, much less a big burger. If you have a sore throat/sinus and blood draining, who the fuck would have any kind of appetite, much less for a Big Mac?

And, if this was very close to surgery, and even if she was awake and moving around, isn't there a limit on visitors? Wasn't she in a recovery room? Do they let parunts hang out in the recovery room? Anytime my grandma had surgery, they would just tell us that she was out of surgery, and then we would wait a while to see her; sometimes hours, till they got her awake and aware and situated, etc.

Now, i will say that I've never seen it verified that she did eat some burger -- just internet comment claims -- but I really would not be surprised if it happened. This Moo seems like the kind who decided because the girl had to fast for the surgery that she must be starving and deserved a treat afterwards. So, while unverified, I don't have a hard time believing the burger story. Still, common sense should have prevailed. Why on earth give something that needs to be chewed, to a person who had extensive throat/sinus surgery? Maybe the kyd asked for it; maybe the famblee was eating McDonalds in the room and she wanted some. Even so, no one had to give it to her, and shouldn't have.
Thinking this over, Jahi could very well have had an eating habit/disorder that made her think she was hungry. I doubt she ever fasted before. Considering her serious condition, apnea, and her mother having her go for this surgery without having lost weight which might very well have resolved her apnea, maybe her brain told her she was famished when she awoke. It's abnormal for most of us, but a kid who is indulged with food by permissive dumbass parents could have been begging for a burger even after surgery because food may be how she has always found comfort. BUT you don't fucking give it to her. You tell her it sucks but she will be able to eat later.

Same deal if she was encouraged to talk, or just being bugged by a bunch of irritating famblee members.

The best comfort I got after surgery was knowing a nurse was around, hearing the pulse monitor beeping nice and steady, and just being able to quietly recover in peace. I have noticed more outside people and noise in the recovery room in recent years, maybe now family is expected to watch over post op patients because of nursing cuts. I was surprised how much I was expected to do in the hospital for my mother, that it seemed should have been dealt with by medical personnel.
The stench is overriden by the stink of a scam, from today's LA Times:

RoadrunnerTrim at 9:45 AM January 20, 2014

It seems that there was a sighting of the uncle at a football game played out of state, yesterday as a matter of fact. Or was that an incognito meeting with their attorney that just happened to be caught on camera, smiles and all. Mmm-mmm-mmmmm!!

Sue Lorenzi at 10:06 AM January 20, 2014

I had heard he tweeted about going to the play-off game in Seattle. I don't have any verification of this as the last time I looked, his tweets were private.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
"Jahi responds to cold stuff."

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/01/28/video-purportedly-shows-jahi-mcmath-alive-moving-her-toes/

Anyone seen this yet?
What do you make of it?
Given the source of the news, the pro-lie network, I am inclined to take this with a boulder of salt.

I watched one of the videos on the site that had all these miraculous stories of people coming back to life. With the exception of the Texas boy, where not many details were given, all these people were not in the United States. There was a story about a Zimbabwe prostitute "waking up" in her coffin.

All of these cases were not brain-dead people coming back to life--they were most likely the result not being diagnosed properly as dead in the first place. A prostitute in Zimbabwe wasn't likely seen by a doctor or hospital or if she was, she wasn't given the proper diagnostics to determine her state.
I read that spinal reflexes are the root of this jsut like cutting a chicken's head off. It doesn't make you any less dead but with decomp slowed by the machines, she may still have funky reflexive action.

Plus who knows when these were done. Or if they were her feet.

I will add the only thing that gives me pause about declaring people dead is the organ donation issue. That entire system and who gets organs is rife with chicanery. Why do celebrities and or more famous people vault to the top of the list? And theoretically hospitals aren't supposed to charge families for this service, but I've known more than a few people who've had to battle with the hospitals and shame them (even going so far as going to the press) to get them to remove the charges. The other night I was watching one of those "I survived" type shows where a woman was practically stabbed to death. According to her, as she was being treated at the hospital, she was asked her whether she was an organ donor because they told her she was going to die.

Anyway I know there are decent people in the world, but anywhere the almighty dollar is involved, watch out.
I would imagine the foot movements are involuntary muscle spasms, kind of like when an animal or person dies and their limbs might twitch a little. Or expanding on what navi8orgirl said, Mike the famous headless chicken "lived" for 18 months without a head. His owner just syringed food down his throat to keep him alive and I think he finally "died" when he choked on food one day. I don't see this girl's case being much different, save that she doesn't move around as much as Mike.

While those muscle spasms might happen immediately after death in a normal case, parts of Jahi's dead body are being kept "alive" artificially long after her passing and may still respond to stimuli. I mean hell, sometimes when you move a corpse, you'll hear them groan from a puff of air escaping their lungs. Doesn't mean they're still alive.

The family needs to fucking face facts. This girl is more than brain-dead by now. She is just plain dead and they're keeping her alive like some kind of sick science fair project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login