Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Donations pour in for woman accused of leaving kids in hot car"

Posted by spinstar 
"Donations pour in for woman accused of leaving kids in hot car"
April 03, 2014
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/02/shanesha-taylor-hot-car-donations/7223013/

I guess "Failed Double Lil Sizzler Attempt = $$$$" wouldn't have worked as a headline

It's hard to see Shanesha Taylor's mugshot and not have some kind of reaction.

"She's crying in this picture," says Amanda Bishop. "How can you not want to help her."

Taylor was arrested by Scottsdale, Arizona police after her two young children were discovered alone in a car. Taylor told officers she was applying for a job and had no childcare.

Her story drew immediate attention.

Amanda Bishop heard the story and decided to take action.

"I decided to go on Facebook and everything was about her children," Bishop says. "It made me feel like she really wasn't a bad mother and she made a terrible mistake."

I disagree. If you really can't get it together to find a someone to watch your kids for an hour and a half while you apply for a job (IF that's really what she was doing) you ARE a bad mother. Where is their father(s)? Any one of their four to six grandparents? Any one of the father(s) siblings? Any one of your siblings? Any one of your friends, cousins, aunts uncles, some relative, SOMEbody? There has to be somewhere that was safer than a hot car.

OK, here's a better version of the story: http://ktla.com/2014/04/01/homeless-mom-arrested-after-leaving-kids-in-car-during-job-interview

Apparently she really was at an interview. But $70,000? Holy crap. And the kids were only 6 months and 2 years old! So some babydaddy has been in the picture recently. I need to figure out a way to start profiting from my "terrible mistakes"
Re: "Donations pour in for woman accused of leaving kids in hot car"
April 03, 2014
Hmm, I think I want to go on vacation. Wonder if I can raise 70K for a dog sitter if I cry.

(The donation page is gone.)

Homeless does not mean no resources. An infant means there was a dick someplace in her orbit in the last 15 months. Friends, relatives, anyone. There are daycare centers who take kids on an hourly basis. She had an SUV, who was paying for gas? Churches, homeless shelters, charities...she had more resources than most by virtue of breeding.

I feel for her plight, but I am on the side of the kids. Leaving them in a car in Arizona could kill them. It is fucking hot here already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
How about donations for the kids of parents who "make mistakes" (i.e., abuse and endanger their children)? My parents made a lot of them, and I sure could use the cash....
April 03, 2014
I think the majority of that money should be split in half and put away somewhere that's it's only accessible by those kids when they turn at least 18. Some of it definitely needs to go to the cost of hunting down the babydaddy and getting child support.
April 03, 2014
I don't know the year or condition of the Dodge Durango moo left the kids in but I can say that it's thirty grand to buy new and even used it is not a cheap vehicle. Moo also has a Facebook page. That tells me she also has an internet connection. Knowing she has an internet connection make me think she's got a smart phone in her possession. There was help available to her simply because she had spawn. She would've been handed food stamps and access to a homeless shelter in one day and again, that's because she spawned.

For the reasons I've stated I'm unsympathetic and have no fucks to give. Moo needs to lose parental rights immediately. If that happened the kids would be able to be adopted and be given a chance in life.
I do have a problem with this solely because we have parents who "forget" their kids or intentionally leave them in the car "just for a minute" while they go shopping or fuck around in the summer and never see the inside of a jail cell despite killing their children.

So it's a little fucked that she may lose parental rights and has a host of charges facing her when her kids didn't even die but all the other parents of Li'l Sizzlers get off via the Suffered Enoughâ„¢ clause.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 03, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic
I do have a problem with this solely because we have parents who "forget" their kids or intentionally leave them in the car "just for a minute" while they go shopping or fuck around in the summer and never see the inside of a jail cell despite killing their children.

So it's a little fucked that she may lose parental rights and has a host of charges facing her when her kids didn't even die but all the other parents of Li'l Sizzlers get off via the Suffered Enoughâ„¢ clause.

Do something that leads to your kid's death or injury and you've Suffered EnoughTM. But if something almost happens to them, you get punished. Very confusing.
With so many noble charities seeking to help people, animals, and the environment, I have no idea why ANYONE would give money to this woman.
How about donations to get her sterilized?!

The stupid fuck "forgot" her kids oh yeah like I'm going to believe that. What the fuck does she need donations for?
I did wonder how come she was homeless but had a high end S-Moo-V....
What kind of idiot would give money to this neglectful bitch? Any money she receives should be put in trust for the kyds, as mentioned above. These kyds deserve to be adopted into a loving home where they will at least stand a chance.
April 04, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic

There is some truth to the ol' cry that justice is for rich whites only.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 09, 2014
It is now almost 100K. Child neglect pays well if you cry in your mugshot.

SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- A Phoenix woman arrested after leaving her two kids in a hot vehicle during a job interview is fighting to clear her name in court, with the support of a New Jersey woman who has raised more than $91,000 to help her effort.

Unemployed and on food stamps, so she had resources on top of a pricy SUV Shanesha Taylor went to the job interview last month at a Scottsdale insurance company.

The 35-year-old wasn't able to find a sitter, May I add that there are places who have hourly child care, where two kids could be watched two hours for under 50 bucks. I call bullshit. so she left her 2-year-old son and 6-month old baby in her Dodge Durango with the key still in the ignition and the windows rolled down an inch. Sounds like a PNA waiting to happen....if the keys were in the car was she hoping someone would take it?

A witness found the infant crying hysterically and sweating profusely as temperatures inside the SUV exceeded 100 degrees.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 09, 2014
There are so many things I want to do but nobody will give me any donations. Why do people fall for scams like this?
Updating with the news that Tumblr has gone apeshit over this case and tons of people there think she should be given her kids back because a bunch of white people got away with similar abuse. Yeah, those white people? They should be punished too, obviously. Oh and she needs "support not punishment." smile rolling left righteyes2 Yes, um, taking the kids away is support if you think about it for more than a goddamn second. Even if you really believe she had no choice but to broil her kids alive in a vehicle, taking them away so she doesn't have to worry about taking care of them for the time being is the most compassionate choice for everyone involved.
May 06, 2014
she wasn't homeless or unemployed :

http://www.kpho.com/story/25254715/az-mom-who-left-kids-in-car-not-unemployed-or-homeless

UPDATE
AZ mom who left kids in car not unemployed or homeless
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 1:21 PM PST Updated: Apr 29, 2014 1:38 PM PST
By Jose Miguel

PHOENIX (CBS5) -

A Valley mother accused of leaving her children in the car while she went on a job interview was actually working and had a home address, the Maricopa County Attorney said.

Her case has some people highly critical, while others are showing support and raising more than $100,000 for her. [View the YouCaring.com fundraiser page set up in her name]

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said the outpouring of support for Shanesha Taylor will not affect his prosecution.

Montgomery said Wednesday that thousands of names turned into his office in support of Shanesha Taylor were names of people who don't live in Arizona and don't know all the facts surrounding the case.

"We've learned since that she actually had part-time employment, so she wasn't unemployed, and she actually had a residence listed, so she wasn't really homeless," Montgomery said. "Nonetheless, those two children were still in jeopardy under the circumstances."

Shanesha Taylor is scheduled to return to court next month.

Shanesha Taylor issued a statement Tuesday morning promising to speak at a news conference, and then didn't show up.

The news release stated Shanesha Taylor would speak Tuesday morning, but instead not only was she a no-show but the news conference became a platform for politicians and activists.

rest at link

* Years ago a cousin of mine was homeless. She lost everything due to drugs. I let her send her mail to my home, but she was not allowed to move it. My cousin had a mailing address but not a residential address.
But wait...it gets better:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602675/EXCLUSIVE-Why-didnt-help-Mother-given-100k-wishers-arrest-leaving-kids-100F-car-hour-job-interview-proud-family-say.html

Her great aunt told MailOnline she could have asked family for help.She added that Taylor, who served in the US Air Force and used to live in a four-bedroom house, is not homeless but lives with her parents.

Taylor does not appear to be homeless. She gave an address at her booking, which is believed to be her mother's home. She is employed, albeit part-time, according to her petition for a public defender.

And regarding her inability to find someone to watch her two children during her interview: Those children, according to court documents, have been placed with family members.

July 18, 2014
and she gets away with it.

If I get arrested will someone give me $100k for law school? I'll even donate some of the proceedings to the cause of having this bitch sterilized.
I took a brief look at the story's comments a short while ago, and it seems most of them are in support of this, feel so badly for her, and feel that justice is being served. Anyone who thinks otherwise is mostly being down-voted. What in hell is this world coming to. Maybe, I hope, that the users on that site are not an accurate cross-section of society at large.
October 13, 2014
Update: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Judge-tells-Phoenix-mother-to-fund-trusts-for-kids-left-in-car-279037921.html

Big bunch of online griftting mandated to education trust funds for kids:

Judge tells Phoenix mom who left kids in car to fund trusts

by Jennifer Thomas

azfamily.com

Posted on October 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Updated today at 4:10 PM

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix woman accused of leaving her two children in a hot car while she went on a job interview was in court for a status conference Monday morning.

Shanesha Taylor and her lawyer, Benjamin Taylor (no relation), held a news conference Monday morning to discuss the status conference.

In July, Taylor came to an agreement with prosecutors in which the Maricopa County Attorney's Office would drop the charges against her as long as she met several conditions. Among those conditions are the completion of parenting and substance abuse treatment programs and the establishment of education and child care trust funds for her children.

She has not set up the trust funds and a Maricopa County Superior Court judge was concerned about the delay. The judge gave Taylor until Oct. 27 to establish the trusts and told her that if she doesn't, the prosecution could withdraw the plea deal.

Taylor's lawyer confirmed that his client will fund the trusts by the deadline and said he has been discussing the legal requirements with trust attorneys and the state.

An online fundraising website set up by a New Jersey woman brought in more than $114,000 in donations for Taylor, according to her lawyer. Benjamin Taylor said $60,000 of that is going to the trust funds for the children.

Taylor, 35, was barred from seeing her two young sons after her March 20 arrest. Bystanders reported seeing Taylor's boys alone in her car in Scottsdale. Taylor told police that she wasn't able to find a babysitter for the boys, who were 2 years old and 6 months old at the time.

She regained custody of her sons in August.

rest at link including how they're living slim and boohooing that she can't get hands on the money.

You know what? I don't even care whether it's intentional at this point. If you're really dumb/lazy enough to leave your child in a hot car, you don't deserve a child. It should be considered neglect, not an "unfortunate accident" that requires donations. At some point your stupidity is going to cause the child to get hurt or killed, even if it survives the sizzler incident.

What's really baffling are the idiots who donate money to these Parent-Of-The-Year winners. What's next? Donating to parents who "forget" to feed their spawn? Guess they assume all parents are like them and would never hurt their child intentionally. Just because it's "unthinkable" to you doesn't mean crazy Shanequa would give it a second thought.
October 14, 2014
So, her punishment for endangering her chyldren was to attend substance abuse classes and take half the money she grifted from internet strangers and give it to her kyds? How the hell is that punishment?

No it's not the kyds fault, but, they are not poor either, and it's not up to internet strangers to fund their life. Why not order the bitch get a second or full-time job and return the money she got via lying? Why is the judge saying it's okay for her to keep the money she lied to receive, so long as it goes to the kyds? How about returning it to the people who were fleeced?

Of course, we know some of the idiots who donated will insist that she keep the money because she's a "single mawm",but, people should be given the opportunity to be refunded since they were lied to about her circumstances.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login